Jraven's Alaska Summer 2018

Oh man it is good stuff alright, just had some for dinner it was a half inch to short to sell lol...going to be a pricey item for the customers this year though.
As often good Kings are around....well worth it! Bet it really sucks when you have to keep one for yourself once in awhile! :eyebrows:

Last edited:
Definitely time to fish. It's looking very glorious there at your end...you get fish nearby?
grayling in the overflow channel where boat is, 1/4 mile down channel to river good spot for net and salmon, first bend up river good for sheefish, rod & reel, little further up river, before next bend, creek comes in, good place for Arctic Char, know locally as "trout". Find grayling almost anywhere along river, Pike hanging out at slough mouths.

Broke down, not major but waiting for a part so get some time with the girls. I harvested the double grape, probably early but wanted to get something curing.
IMG_20180705_100805.jpg

The buds are open and airy but everything but the oldest fan leaves are frosted. @32 grams total wet
P_20180705_110735.jpg

Sorry about the break down. That is the reason I like comfort. I am all elbows and hit my thumb with hammers.

She is a beauty. Glad for your efforts.

We catch ling aka Burbot through the ice in the winter...fantastic eating. Got one nearly 10 pounds last year! Amongst my group of fishing buddies, I have earned the title "Ling King" as i always seem to be the one to grab a ling or two as accidental catches while lake trout or walleye fishing.

OH yes how could i forget to tell this awesome story. So last year we go to my buddies cabin in the north. He buys this underwater camera for icefishing. We spot a few fish here and there, but visibility is terrible and you can see only a few feet. Anyways, the camera start shaking all over the place and we realize that a fish has the camera in its jaws. The camera gets shaken about for a minute or so(while my buddy filmed the cameras screen on his phone). So the fish drops the camera, you see it swim a few feet away and then turn right at the camera for one last attack. And there is me in the background "Its a ling, its a f'ing ling, I can't believe it!"

Yeah J was also getting 6ft without the head halibut from Sitka, I couldn't keep it consistently, it would sell so fast in the restaurant

Who knows you may of bought one of my fish :d5:
Having a big halibut like that hanging on the back porch is like having a deer hanging up :pass:
Sounds like my kind of restaurant there, we always seek out good seafood when traveling down south.

Who knows you may of bought one of my fish :d5:
Having a big halibut like that hanging on the back porch is like having a deer hanging up :pass:
Sounds like my kind of restaurant there, we always seek out good seafood when traveling down south.
Was getting them through Prime Seafood

Back