Jraven's Alaska Summer 2018

Your location is absolutely stunning!
But I guess it gets pretty frosty there, haha.
Yep the weather can be problematic lol, not severe like up Trails way though...but it seems to have a way of making people saner believe it or not. I guess you'd say it's the human dynamic here that is the hidden attraction!:smokeout:

...if it weren't for the cold, I'd be tempted to throw my tent up in your yard and stick around for a while.
I know you'd love it bro the climate is pretty bearable if you don't mind the rain lol.

:welcome::toke::pass:

Yep the weather can be problematic lol, not severe like up Trails way though...but it seems to have a way of making people saner believe it or not. I guess you'd say it's the human dynamic here that is the hidden attraction!:smokeout:

I know you'd love it bro the climate is pretty bearable if you don't mind the rain lol.

:welcome::toke::pass:
I'd be too busy fishing to notice rain, Unless there was thunder and lightning included...

In for the ride pal, love the new grow spaces :d5:

Have a great growing season:toke:

Like everyone else ,I love the photos of your location and secenery ,,, now don't forget I want to see them bears when they turn up to play and fish :pop:
Thanks bro for the good wishes, I will try to keep the pics coming, If those bears cooperate we'll get them on here:toke::pass:

28536.jpg
Wow bud good to have you back,i love the deck.Looking forward to the greenhouse.I had a test of mine the last two days,it got down to 25 the last two nights,i had to cover my tomatoes with some five gal buckets.LOL Everybody was ok this morning.I bet yours will be great.Peace please
Welcome bro....LOL Yep that will part of my problem, figuring out when to put them in the greenhouse. I'll be getting pretty anxious to pop some seeds soon probably should start the first ones in bigger pots then my usual 16 oz solo cups, so they can stay inside longer. Looks like the tomatoes get to have their with the solarium this year:smoking: Hope yours are about done with those cool nights!

Haha yea I hate being out on the water with lightning...when you are the only thing sticking up lol. We don't get a lot of that here.
We get the typical spring/summer storms that pop up out of seemingly no where. Unless I'm out in my kayak, Or a buddy's boat, I can usually make it back to my car or suv by the time the first few drops of rain hit...
As soon as that first big gust of wind hits, I bolt for my vehicle haha

We get the typical spring/summer storms that pop up out of seemingly no where. Unless I'm out in my kayak, Or a buddy's boat, I can usually make it back to my car or suv by the time the first few drops of rain hit...
As soon as that first big gust of wind hits, I bolt for my vehicle haha
With a lifetime on the water I have a tremendous respect for nature and what she can get up to. We are pretty conservative out there too...if things are starting to look threatening then screw the money and go get somewhere safe lol.

I think we should be ok after this week.We usually have our last frost on or before easter.It looks like we were a little late this year.LOL That blue norther was a big surprise.I wish i had access to some of the lumber you got laying around.LOL I have to pay high dollar for my treated pine i used.Those panels i used on the outside were pretty pricey to.Are you going to insulate the floor any.I plan on building boxes outside also to help insulate in and out.Looking forward to your design.I know you can,t just run to home depot like i can.Good luck on the greenhouse bud.Peace please

I think we should be ok after this week.We usually have our last frost on or before easter.It looks like we were a little late this year.LOL That blue norther was a big surprise.I wish i had access to some of the lumber you got laying around.LOL I have to pay high dollar for my treated pine i used.Those panels i used on the outside were pretty pricey to.Are you going to insulate the floor any.I plan on building boxes outside also to help insulate in and out.Looking forward to your design.I know you can,t just run to home depot like i can.Good luck on the greenhouse bud.Peace please
Well easter was a bit early this year! No, won't be doing any insulating...though that could happen in the future. I'm currently thinking the ventilation up through the [not super tight] floor/deck will help. I'm going to TRY at least for natural ventilation it will be pretty open air. In my experience heat buildup is a major problem even in this mild climate. I guess you'd say I'm not trying to extend the season so much as just making the summer more canna-friendly.

Back