Jraven's Alaska Summer 2018

just took a look at the Fire Island wind project, that's pretty cool. Beautiful spot. Do they live on the island?
No they live in eagle River but dad has to commute to the island everyday by bi-plane unless weather is bad he stays on the island for days to weeks at a time, I got some cool pics of a bear just chilling waiting for me to finish cooking steaks one day when I went out there, he stayed 30yrds away whole time but every time I flipped the meat the smell would go his way from the grill and his look was so funny every time. It's a really cool place. The old boss there was a dick and treated his guys bad so once dad got there he hooked it up all new beds and living corder's, and dropped 6k just on food for them, it was a major dump, but dad brings alot of GE electric big wigs there and he had to make it look good. And they like a 32oz steak when they visit. My favorite part was the snow plows they move some snow now or the huge monster truck hunting blinds/campers. My sister shoots 22's and 20 gauge for the us Olympics team plus dad is huge in to guns and teaches it a high school half the year here in the Midwest. So I've got to shoot some badass guns from the NRA while ive been there everytime plus what they donate to his program in the Midwest, a 50 cal in the mountains makes a bang compared to in a cattle pastures in the Midwest.

The summer before I went to Alaska for the first time I went to Rio de Janeiro Brazil with him for 6 weeks now that was a trip. Plus my step mom is from Belem Brazil so ive spent many summers in South America growing up.

He had one guy who is actually from Walsall Alaska who works for him and he would get me these neon green Alaska thunder nugs to burn man they were fire. And hard as a rock.

How many hours of light are you getting now J.Jacked for this one.Peace please
Officially @17 hours, on the plants maybe 11 hours. The temperature just hit 55F in the greenhouse so I put the gals out, hope they don't mind:smoking:

No they live in eagle River but dad has to commute to the island everyday by bi-plane unless weather is bad he stays on the island for days to weeks at a time, I got some cool pics of a bear just chilling waiting for me to finish cooking steaks one day when I went out there, he stayed 30yrds away whole time but every time I flipped the meat the smell would go his way from the grill and his look was so funny every time. It's a really cool place. The old boss there was a dick and treated his guys bad so once dad got there he hooked it up all new beds and living corder's, and dropped 6k just on food for them, it was a major dump, but dad brings alot of GE electric big wigs there and he had to make it look good. And they like a 32oz steak when they visit. My favorite part was the snow plows they move some snow now or the huge monster truck hunting blinds/campers. My sister shoots 22's and 20 gauge for the us Olympics team plus dad is huge in to guns and teaches it a high school half the year here in the Midwest. So I've got to shoot some badass guns from the NRA while ive been there everytime plus what they donate to his program in the Midwest, a 50 cal in the mountains makes a bang compared to in a cattle pastures in the Midwest.
Sounds like quite a job your dad has pretty adventurous. You gonna head up his way again?

Good idea...I do have a way to do the blackout, if need be. I can move the photos to a dark room, the pots are all small enough to move.
Of course friend when in doubt black em out .I unfortunately where I live will have to use the blackout method there's street lights that hit the greenie not to mention cars you name it .I plan on using it next year to pull a light dep an have an early crop an then blast off the regular season crop but I will need supplemental lights to pull an effective light dep in Oregon if I'm putting out march 20th.

Tomatoes getting the solarium, canna doesn't like it that much anyway. Can't get a good tomato here any other way:biggrin: For the amount of work mama puts in to them I have to help. :pass:
Mama always needs to be kept happy.
:bow:

Back