Iriee Vibez Grows With Loving Soil

Now that I have closed out the Autoseeds vs. FastBuds Gorilla Glue thread, I am creating this new one as a perpetual journal for my indoor cabinet grows. I used to be a DWC grower, and produced some nice smoke. And big plants. A few months ago, I made to switch to organic soil. I started with a base of Roots Organic and Nature’s Living soil, but have added some dry amendments to the mix. I top dress now with some compost and do brew some AACT teas ever few weeks. I have some Blumat juniors to keep the soil a constant moisture level, but I do water periodically for the top dressing to be effective.

it’s been a fun switch, as I feel like a new grower again. I love the idea of not growing with bottled nutes, and just focusing on feeding the microbes in the soil with nothing but dry organic amendments and tap water only. [lus I can attest to the flavors and effect of the cured buds. It’s definitely better in those regards. I definitely gave up a lot of yield, though. Plants are yielding less than half of what I averaged in water. With that being said, I enjoy the simplicity and the increased taste and poetency is worth the trade off.

So, currently in the cabinet I have a 53 day old Mephisto CDLC, an 18 day old Dutch Passion Auto Night Queen, and a yet to sprout Autoseeds Girl Scout Cookies. I put that directly in the soil.

CDLC Day 53

She is in the middle of the second week of flowering. She is short, and I still hope she stretches a bit. But she has quite a few bud sites, and a nice even canopy. I have added some Build A Soil Flower top dress and their craft blend to the soil, and the buds are loving it. If she isn’t going to be big, at least I will make sure she is all buds!

View attachment 1157541View attachment 1157540View attachment 1157542

Dutch Passion Auto Night Queen. Day 18

I am happy with this plant’s growth so far. I grew two ANQ in DWC and they yielded 250 and 180 grams of some very tasty buds. this is the first time I am growing a plant I grew before, so I will see just how much I lose in yield. So far she is a bit behind the DWC plants at this stage, but ahead of the other Soil plants so far.

View attachment 1157545

I have another pot where I am waiting for a stubborn GSC seed to show up. Patience.
That Mephisto is so green. Good job!

I hope to be doing the same soon. Wish me luck. 1st grow. Love to see thise updated photos of your fade. Did you give her cold nights or just genetics...

Attachments

• 15822688396588577397422534044526.jpg
    15822688396588577397422534044526.jpg
    941.5 KB · Views: 66
I hope to be doing the same soon. Wish me luck. 1st grow. Love to see those updated photos of your fade. Did you give her cold nights or just genetics...

Nope, nothing special. Just how the plants want to finish. Good luck with your plant, man! Looks nice and healthy. Keep doing what you are doing. You may just want to replace some N with PK since she is in early stages of flower. Looking good!

Mephisto CDLC Day 67
Dutch Passion Auto Night Queen Day 33
Autoseeds Girl Scout Cookies Day 10

All plants are looking good for where they are in their respective stages. They seem to love the compost tea I gave them last week. I just plan to supplement my Blumats with some top watering for the next couple weeks. I am on about a three week compost tea cycle, as I found it is really helpful to have a regular schedule when growing with living soil in small pots. In between, I top dress one of those off weeks, so the soil is constantly getting an insertion of nutrients.

Temps have been good ranging from 72-85 degrees, and I have been keeping humidity in the 50's, as I find this is the sweet spot with the plants in different stages.

CDLC is about a week away, so will probably harvest her at day 73 or 74. I think this extra week is gonna help get everything I can yield wise from this little one. I clipped most of the big fans to give the buds unfiltered light for the finishing phase. What she lacks in size, she gains in just sticky frosty, smelly goodness. Man, she smells like four plants! Should be some really nice smoke!

CDLC Day 67, 33, 10 - 1.jpg
CDLC Day 67, 33, 10 - 2.jpg
CDLC Day 67, 33, 10 - 4.jpg
CDLC Day 67, 33, 10 - 5.jpg
CDLC Day 67, 33, 10 - 6.jpg
CDLC Day 67, 33, 10 - 7.jpg

Auto Night Queen has just started to flower, and the stretch is on. She is growing with vigor, so I have to make sure she gets a little extra something in her pot to help with the bud development. I am using the BAS flowering top dress recipe, and adding in some dry amendments to keep the soil rich and active. I am looking forward to seeing how this one grows. I love her structure and decided to let her just do her thing. I did clip a few fans though, as they were blocking new bud sites from the light. I haven't topped or trained otherwise. Just a little leaf tucking. Don't let the less than horizontal leafs concern you. It is just the genetics of this strain. She is happy.

CDLC Day 67, 33, 10 - 11.jpg
CDLC Day 67, 33, 10 - 10.jpg
CDLC Day 67, 33, 10 - 9.jpg

GSC is a normal growing 10 day old. Filled with promise...

CDLC Day 67, 33, 10 - 8.jpg

I am heading off tomorrow morning and wont be back until Friday. I will give the plants a nice top water to help the top dressing take hold, fill up the water supply bottle for the Blumats, and just let her go. Its always nice to see what they have done after being away for a few days. I know how the CDLC will look, but the ANQ and GSC will look very different with where they are in the growing cycle. Fun stuff!

Happy growing folks!

Mephisto CDLC Day 67
Dutch Passion Auto Night Queen Day 33
Autoseeds Girl Scout Cookies Day 10

All plants are looking good for where they are in their respective stages. They seem to love the compost tea I gave them last week. I just plan to supplement my Blumats with some top watering for the next couple weeks. I am on about a three week compost tea cycle, as I found it is really helpful to have a regular schedule when growing with living soil in small pots. In between, I top dress one of those off weeks, so the soil is constantly getting an insertion of nutrients.

Temps have been good ranging from 72-85 degrees, and I have been keeping humidity in the 50's, as I find this is the sweet spot with the plants in different stages.

CDLC is about a week away, so will probably harvest her at day 73 or 74. I think this extra week is gonna help get everything I can yield wise from this little one. I clipped most of the big fans to give the buds unfiltered light for the finishing phase. What she lacks in size, she gains in just sticky frosty, smelly goodness. Man, she smells like four plants! Should be some really nice smoke!

View attachment 1161960View attachment 1161968View attachment 1161963View attachment 1161961View attachment 1161958View attachment 1161966

Auto Night Queen has just started to flower, and the stretch is on. She is growing with vigor, so I have to make sure she gets a little extra something in her pot to help with the bud development. I am using the BAS flowering top dress recipe, and adding in some dry amendments to keep the soil rich and active. I am looking forward to seeing how this one grows. I love her structure and decided to let her just do her thing. I did clip a few fans though, as they were blocking new bud sites from the light. I haven't topped or trained otherwise. Just a little leaf tucking. Don't let the less than horizontal leafs concern you. It is just the genetics of this strain. She is happy.

View attachment 1161967View attachment 1161959View attachment 1161962

GSC is a normal growing 10 day old. Filled with promise...

View attachment 1161964

I am heading off tomorrow morning and wont be back until Friday. I will give the plants a nice top water to help the top dressing take hold, fill up the water supply bottle for the Blumats, and just let her go. Its always nice to see what they have done after being away for a few days. I know how the CDLC will look, but the ANQ and GSC will look very different with where they are in the growing cycle. Fun stuff!

Happy growing folks!
Ya I think they look even more amazing already. Great shots and beautiful colors coming through. I like to drop my temps at lights off to 65 and keep humidity at 45 it seems to help with resin production. I’m going to try your method soon!

Ya I think they look even more amazing already. Great shots and beautiful colors coming through. I like to drop my temps at lights off to 65 and keep humidity at 45 it seems to help with resin production. I’m going to try your method soon!
Thanks FA! Yeah, clipping the fans from the CDLC exposed what was underneath, and they are maturing nicely. I really love the frost and smell of these buds. Can’t wait to try some!

I would keep doing what you have been doing with temps and humidity. I only settle on 50’s because I will always have a seedling and flowering plant in the same space. With your runs, you can tailor temps and humidity to the stage of plants. That’s always better.

CDLC Harvested at Day 71
DP Auto Night Queen Day 38
Autoseeds GSC Day 15

I came home from being gone all week to find a very very ripe and ready CDLC. I decided to just go ahead and harvest her last night. She had about 10-20% amber, and was clearly at her peak. It was an easy trim, since I pre trimmed her already. She definitely wont be a high yielder, less than 2 ounces, but she sure looks and smells like she will be a hard hitter.

Here are some pre harvest pics:

CDLC Harvest Day 71, ANQ 38, GSC 15 - 1.jpg
CDLC Harvest Day 71, ANQ 38, GSC 15 - 3.jpg
CDLC Harvest Day 71, ANQ 38, GSC 15 - 5.jpg
CDLC Harvest Day 71, ANQ 38, GSC 15 - 2.jpg
CDLC Harvest Day 71, ANQ 38, GSC 15 - 4.jpg

Auto Night Queen is flying along nicely. She has just completed her first week of flower and is going through a nice stretch right now. She is setting up to be my best yielding plant since I switched growing mediums from DWC. If she follows suit with the ANQs I grew in water, she has a couple more weeks to stretch. Looking healthy and happy.

CDLC Harvest Day 71, ANQ 38, GSC 15 - 7.jpg
CDLC Harvest Day 71, ANQ 38, GSC 15 - 9.jpg
CDLC Harvest Day 71, ANQ 38, GSC 15 - 8.jpg

The GSC just completed her first two weeks above ground, and looks very promising. Since I am enjoying the untopped ANQ so much, I have decided not to top this one either. At least not for now.

CDLC Harvest Day 71, ANQ 38, GSC 15 - 11.jpg
CDLC Harvest Day 71, ANQ 38, GSC 15 - 10.jpg

In true no till style, I just pulled out the harvested CDLC root ball, broke up the roots and laid them back on top of the soil. I added a good layer of amended compost, recovered with coco mulch and biochar, and then top watered. When i pulled back the mulch, I was happy to see that the worms I put in a few weeks ago, are thriving and multiplying, which made me feel confident in just leaving the soil alone. It seems to be just getting better.

I decided to go with the Dutch passion AutoBlueberry, which I have been wanting to grow for a while, ever since I smoked some blueberry with a buddy a few years ago. I will probably plant directly in the pot tomorrow. Let the soil and worms settle in for a bit.

CDLC Harvest Day 71, ANQ 38, GSC 15 - 12.jpg

I gave all pots a nice top dressing of dry amendments and compost, and then fed the leaves with an organic foliar spray (Thrive.N). I am convinced that to keep living soil happy in small pots, top dressing, compost teas, and foliar feeding should be part of the regular routine. I think I am slowly but surely dialing things in with each cycle. The learning continues!

Back