Iriee Vibez Grows With Loving Soil

Wow mate! You've put my Autoseeds gsc to shame. How do you normally dry your buds?

Qb

Wow mate! You've put my Autoseeds gsc to shame. How do you normally dry your buds?

Qb

Man, thanks QB! I was just saying to myself I wished she vegged a bit longer than 30 days, and got a bit more growth, but you made me feel better.

I have always dried in paper bags, after wet trimming and breaking down the buds. It was easiest for me as I hated dry trimming when I first tried it. I think I want to give it another shot. So, I will just hang the top cola, and dry trim, and then hang the rest of the plant. My garage should be a pretty good temp and humidity to allow for it now. Later in the summer, I will have to go back to bags.

Glad I cheered you up @Iriee Vibez

Those buds look proper dense. Growth wise I'd be more than happy with how it's turned out.

I'm a brown paper bag dryer myself. I always messed up with hang drying and lost the taste and smell. Don't have the space to even try it anymore with the perpetual grow.

So glad I found out about the bag method, buds are good to smoke as soon as they're out the bag. Obviously curing in jars just makes it better and better. Thinking about trying a cardboard box next time depending on how much I get from current grow.

Good luck with the hang drying.

Qb

Glad I cheered you up @Iriee Vibez

Those buds look proper dense. Growth wise I'd be more than happy with how it's turned out.

I'm a brown paper bag dryer myself. I always messed up with hang drying and lost the taste and smell. Don't have the space to even try it anymore with the perpetual grow.

So glad I found out about the bag method, buds are good to smoke as soon as they're out the bag. Obviously curing in jars just makes it better and better. Thinking about trying a cardboard box next time depending on how much I get from current grow.

Good luck with the hang drying.

Qb

Thanks man. Yeah, I guess we are our worse critics!

I did a side by side once I found drying in bags to be just as good as hang drying, and perhaps a little quicker with some cure. Like you, I didn’t want to tieup the cabinet for a week in between grows, but now I don’t hav the option anymore. If the garage temps/humidity aren’t conducive, the only option I have is using bags to help with humidity. after reading severalfolks talk about how much better the dry trim is, I decided to try again while conditions allow.

I will let you know how it goes, and if I see any difference.

How's it going Iriee your earth boxes are a joy to read about, it's like when I'd watch my grandmother maintaining her garden when I was a kid... she'd get so stuck in with her compost, worms, barnyard manure, oh she used to drive out to get tubs full of this freaking rotting fish mulch stuff from a fisherman she knew! There was no end to it, her mission in life was to nourish her garden soil. And her plants were like something out of a magazine by the way!! I'm guessing bud from a well maintained earth box will be too good to share :smoking:

How's it going Iriee your earth boxes are a joy to read about, it's like when I'd watch my grandmother maintaining her garden when I was a kid... she'd get so stuck in with her compost, worms, barnyard manure, oh she used to drive out to get tubs full of this freaking rotting fish mulch stuff from a fisherman she knew! There was no end to it, her mission in life was to nourish her garden soil. And her plants were like something out of a magazine by the way!! I'm guessing bud from a well maintained earth box will be too good to share :smoking:

Hey Faux! thats a cool story about your grandmother, man! I can see where you got the growing itch from! I am hoping you are right about the EarthBox grown buds! It’s a little early in the season for us with only about 13 hours of sun max, but I am hoping it’s enough to grow these plants out. so far it’s looking like they love the soil and conditions in the boxes. So far so good!

GSC Pre Harvest
Day 68 - Autoseed Girl Scout Cookies
Day 39 - DP AutoBlueberry
Day 18 - Mephisto Blue Toof Special, Mephisto Strawberry Nuggets (Outdoor)

Since the last update, I did a partial harvest of the GSC. I chopped the top of the main cola, and hung to dry. I also dropped some replacement seeds as neither of the two FastBuds Gorilla Glue sprouted. I got these seeds from a seed bank I don't usually use. It wasn't in breeders packs, and I have no idea how old they are. Out of the pack of seven though, I have tried to germ 6, and was successful only once. This batch of seeds has killed my pristine germ rate.

I was starting a couple plants off for friends. I had my soil mixed and in pots for the past month, waiting for the weather to support outdoor growing here. I plan to start the plants, transplant them, and then give them the plants with instructions to just keep the soil moist. They are excited to try, and I am happy to help. I have some growers choice Gorilla glue seeds that I have been hesitant to grow again that I will use for them. I will personally use an Autoseeds gorilla Glue for myself this time. I will try my last FastBuds Gorilla glue seed some time in the future, as I don't have high confidence that it will do any better than the others in the pack.

GSC

The pistils have retracted and changed colors, the trichs or all cloudy with a the slightest bit of amber, the leaves are fading, and her water intake has slowed in the past few days. She is ready, but I want a little more amber. I will chop by Friday, as I don't want her to start to lose any potency. The top of the main cola is still drying, but I cant wait to give it a taste! She smells scrumptious, with the trademark cookie sweetness and spice.

Here are some pre harvest shots:
GSC Day 68, 39, 18 - 1.jpg
GSC Day 68, 39, 18 - 3.jpg
GSC Day 68, 39, 18 - 4.jpg
GSC Day 68, 39, 18 - 7.jpg
GSC Day 68, 39, 18 - 2.jpg

Blueberry

She continues to stretch and surprise. Where I thought she would be a runt when she started flowering at day 27. Less than two weeks into flowering, she has changed my mind. She has undergone w very nice stretch, but the nodes remain tightly spaced and filled with buds. She looks like she will stretch a little more, and the buds should stack to give a decent yield. That is unless I mess it up!

GSC Day 68, 39, 18 - 6.jpg
GSC Day 68, 39, 18 - 5.jpg

Outdoor!

These Earthboxes are almost set it and forget it at this stage in the grow. The plants aren't big enough to deplete the water reservoir, and is getting everything they need from the soil.

GSC Day 68, 39, 18 - 8.jpg

SN1

GSC Day 68, 39, 18 - 10.jpg

SN2
GSC Day 68, 39, 18 - 9.jpg

BT1
GSC Day 68, 39, 18 - 11.jpg

BT2
GSC Day 68, 39, 18 - 12.jpg

Hope everyone is safe out there. Please practice social distancing and watch your hands often, while we get through this.

Happy growing, folks!

:pass:

All plants looking great in Iriee-land :thumbsup:
Too bad about the seeds:shrug:
Happy growing buddy

All plants looking great in Iriee-land :thumbsup:
Too bad about the seeds:shrug:
Happy growing buddy

Hey thanks, DM! Yeah, I guess I was bound to get a bad batch at some point. All part of the game!

Back