Hey Hazy, wonderfull looking plants. I'm really curious how you will LST your girls because they have already developed such nice thick stems. I'm in the same situation right now because my girls are 18 days old and I wanted to start to LST them yesterday, but the stems are so thick already that there was no chance to bend them gently without causing any damage

I hope this helps to answer your question.

The thing to do, is not to try to bend the maturing central stem but to push the plant over by gently applying pressure below the cotyledons. This way you start angling the plant without the risk of breaking them, as the material at the bottom of the plant is different, then just tie the stem off to an anchor point. See pic below.

042Ns5V.jpg

This picture shows at what point the plant has been tied off.

XYTDZPe.jpg

The other thing is to make sure that you send the forming side branches at each node to either side of the cane, depending on which side of the plant they are on, not always clear, one to the left one to the right. this is important as we want to try to keep the branch spreading even, allowing for more room later for when the side branches are tied to the outside canes.

OGKI86K.jpg

Here is the second plant, again it has been gently pushed over as opposed to trying to bent the maturing central stem.

3J5XGkf.jpg

I hope that helps you to decide how to proceed with LSTing at this stage of growth, without fear of breaking your plants.

I hope this helps to answer your question.

The thing to do, is not to try to bend the maturing central stem but to push the plant over by gently applying pressure below the cotyledons. This way you start angling the plant without the risk of breaking them, as the material at the bottom of the plant is different, then just tie the stem off to an anchor point. See pic below.

042Ns5V.jpg

This picture shows at what point the plant has been tied off.

XYTDZPe.jpg

The other thing is to make sure that you send the forming side branches at each node to either side of the cane, depending on which side of the plant they are on, not always clear, one to the left one to the right. this is important as we want to try to keep the branch spreading even, allowing for more room later for when the side branches are tied to the outside canes.

OGKI86K.jpg

Here is the second plant, again it has been gently pushed over as opposed to trying to bent the maturing central stem.

3J5XGkf.jpg

I hope that helps you to decide how to proceed with LSTing at this stage of growth, without fear of breaking your plants.

Hey Hazy thanks so much for explaining it so nicely. Im sorry to clutter your thread with my pictures, but as you know, pictures tell more than 1000 words and I just really want to make sure that i'm doing it right before I do somenthing wrong, so please don't get mad at me.:bighug:

So these are my girls.

IMG_0714.JPG
IMG_0715.JPG

and they both have their cotyledons way above the soil. And as you can see the stem is pretty thick already @ 18 days.

IMG_0712.JPG

So should I just gently push with my finger against the point of the stem that is just above the ground or should I go a bit deeper and push against the stem that is a bit below the ground? I'm kind of worried that I will rip the roots if I push the stem to the side because I don't have the fine feeling for it as you do.
IMG_0713.JPG

Hey Hazy thanks so much for explaining it so nicely. Im sorry to clutter your thread with my pictures, but as you know, pictures tell more than 1000 words and I just really want to make sure that i'm doing it right before I do somenthing wrong, so please don't get mad at me.:bighug:

So these are my girls.

View attachment 500361 View attachment 500362

and they both have their cotyledons way above the soil. And as you can see the stem is pretty thick already @ 18 days.

View attachment 500359

So should I just gently push with my finger against the point of the stem that is just above the ground or should I go a bit deeper and push against the stem that is a bit below the ground? I'm kind of worried that I will rip the roots if I push the stem to the side because I don't have the fine feeling for it as you do.View attachment 500360

No worries fella, I welcome these kinds of posts and as you say pictures are worth a 1000 words.

Yes right there will be ok….. just gently mind, you don't to tear roots under the soil. Let me know how it goes…Yeah and post a pic.

Where can I find night queen?!?

Not for sale to the public yet, once Dutch Passion say when, i'm sure they will announce it here, if not i'll let you know as soon as i do.

No worries fella, I welcome these kinds of posts and as you say pictures are worth a 1000 words.

Yes right there will be ok….. just gently mind, you don't to tear roots under the soil. Let me know how it goes…Yeah and post a pic.

Not for sale to the public yet, once Dutch Passion say when, i'm sure they will announce it here, if not i'll let you know as soon as i do.
Thanks buddy

Now it's No1's turn to get gently bent over at a jaunty angle, as there is only one plant in this pot there is plenty of space in the pot to bend it over towards the far side of the pot.

o0h2fPF.jpg

GVYPUy7.jpg

Many thanks for helping me out on this Hazy...will post a pic today after the mission is completed

Hola Hazy!

When do you decide it's time for some bondage?
Do you have a specific day of growth you do it on?
Or is there something specific you look for in their shape?
A certain number of leaves? Height? Wingspan?
Or is it just a 'feel' thing?

Hola Hazy!

When do you decide it's time for some bondage?
Do you have a specific day of growth you do it on?
Or is there something specific you look for in their shape?
A certain number of leaves? Height? Wingspan?
Or is it just a 'feel' thing?

Hey Yozhic good questions… ideally i like to start them this early…lol. This is from my last grow, before i took a forced break.

t3lCMIn.jpg

fzRbIud.jpg

As i didn't have the soil high enough to the top of the pot this grow, i've had to wait till now. So waiting this long is my error and not something i had planned, here are few more of the training from the last grow at various stages.

gWPjeJK.jpg

5wXXngG.jpg

KOYDkkn.jpg

A9yHK74.jpg

The idea is to end up with something like this.

2RMLebm.jpg

MtELxi9.jpg

8DDJLeI.jpg

But the plants are young enough this grow to still give me good results, as long as i keep up the training daily.

Back