New Grower First grow, Royal Dwarf, UK outdoor

Well the cover didn't last long. I came home from work and the wind has ripped it apart. That's the crap weather we are having, it's meant to be summer dammit!

Reckon I'll chop the lot tonight, think it's mother nature's way of telling me to get on with it!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Day 80: Harvest

Ok, so with reluctance I harvested Dwarfy tonight so take one last look at her...

aadaff7f813b207538535dca9d4e0a84.jpg

As I said before when I got home the cover sheet had torn off in the wind and I had spotted more mold so it was time to chop.

I brought her in and had a good look. Even in the crap weather she had still thickened up since the start of the week.

I ran over all buds with the microscope and still no amber trichomes. Weird, maybe it's the strain, or maybe when I removed some of the leaves on the first selective harvesting that wasn't such a good idea and she still needed those leaves?

Anyway all trichomes were milky but alot of areas they looked battered! They looked a bit withered and wobbly instead of the proud and upstanding examples they were last week. Maybe the wind and rain pounded them that badly?

So I began to chop off branches and before you know it...

dddbf6c0130c08e7ac4582788c9c6db9.jpg

And I was left with some trimming to do...

c88d990bd3d593b9b7076320736ba1b3.jpg

Man I don't envy people who have pounds of this stuff to do, even that little bunch took me a while!

I inspected each bud and cut out any mold. I think I was doing it right. Man it's hard to dump bud that's been growing for 80 days!

So after trimming I'm left with this. Don't ask me why it's arranged like this. I'm usually a bit OCD and arrange things in perfect rows or patterns but lately I'm trying to break some of my habits like that so this was one of those times!...

fed9a730d47d4c7399993320cdb96947.jpg

2a0e249f574b6dbc7224649d5f407ac4.jpg

Trimming got tedious towards the end so some are a bit scruffy.

With the large stalks trimmed off my scales say 225g wet weight.

I then cut the larger buds into smaller chunks (nugs right? Well I'm gonna call em chunks!) and lined the bottom of 4 paper bags with budchunk.

Bags have been folded and put in my shed. I can't put them inside so that's the only place I can think of. Could put em outside under cover but it's likely to be more humid and colder out.

I'll give em a shake each morning and stick my head in after a few days.

Fingers crossed I'll have me some dry weed to cure in a week or so?!

I also ordered a Focus Vape Pro today in preparation for when I'm cured and ready to roll.... Well not roll as the case may be with a vaporizer but you get what I mean! I'm sure I'll have a crack at rolling a joint too. I've not rolled one for about 10 years!

That's all folks for now. It's late as usual.

At the weekend I'm gonna see the new skinny Dwarfy off by digging her up and checking out the roots! Then that will be it for her.

I'll continue this journal through drying, curing and smoking (and possibly onto the next 2 seeds) Hopefully new and experience growers alike will enjoy reading it.

Cheers
Swan

Day 80: Harvest

Ok, so with reluctance I harvested Dwarfy tonight so take one last look at her...

aadaff7f813b207538535dca9d4e0a84.jpg

As I said before when I got home the cover sheet had torn off in the wind and I had spotted more mold so it was time to chop.

I brought her in and had a good look. Even in the crap weather she had still thickened up since the start of the week.

I ran over all buds with the microscope and still no amber trichomes. Weird, maybe it's the strain, or maybe when I removed some of the leaves on the first selective harvesting that wasn't such a good idea and she still needed those leaves?

Anyway all trichomes were milky but alot of areas they looked battered! They looked a bit withered and wobbly instead of the proud and upstanding examples they were last week. Maybe the wind and rain pounded them that badly?

So I began to chop off branches and before you know it...

dddbf6c0130c08e7ac4582788c9c6db9.jpg

And I was left with some trimming to do...

c88d990bd3d593b9b7076320736ba1b3.jpg

Man I don't envy people who have pounds of this stuff to do, even that little bunch took me a while!

I inspected each bud and cut out any mold. I think I was doing it right. Man it's hard to dump bud that's been growing for 80 days!

So after trimming I'm left with this. Don't ask me why it's arranged like this. I'm usually a bit OCD and arrange things in perfect rows or patterns but lately I'm trying to break some of my habits like that so this was one of those times!...

fed9a730d47d4c7399993320cdb96947.jpg

2a0e249f574b6dbc7224649d5f407ac4.jpg

Trimming got tedious towards the end so some are a bit scruffy.

With the large stalks trimmed off my scales say 225g wet weight.

I then cut the larger buds into smaller chunks (nugs right? Well I'm gonna call em chunks!) and lined the bottom of 4 paper bags with budchunk.

Bags have been folded and put in my shed. I can't put them inside so that's the only place I can think of. Could put em outside under cover but it's likely to be more humid and colder out.

I'll give em a shake each morning and stick my head in after a few days.

Fingers crossed I'll have me some dry weed to cure in a week or so?!

I also ordered a Focus Vape Pro today in preparation for when I'm cured and ready to roll.... Well not roll as the case may be with a vaporizer but you get what I mean! I'm sure I'll have a crack at rolling a joint too. I've not rolled one for about 10 years!

That's all folks for now. It's late as usual.

At the weekend I'm gonna see the new skinny Dwarfy off by digging her up and checking out the roots! Then that will be it for her.

I'll continue this journal through drying, curing and smoking (and possibly onto the next 2 seeds) Hopefully new and experience growers alike will enjoy reading it.

Cheers
Swan

Great job! Especially when you have to deal with the weather.

Thanks man, appreciate it.

swan you reached the finish line yay i think you have some great weed there mate also i only vape my weed as i have a lung condition its the best way to go it will ease you back into it also i take it this will be a annual thing outside i surely will be :pass:i recon i have 2 weeks min on my girls i lost one to bud rot in my greenhouse it spread like a mutha fucker from 1 top cola 2 days ago to 50 pcent of her so i chopped her for hash or bho and chucked the affected bits

swan you reached the finish line yay i think you have some great weed there mate also i only vape my weed as i have a lung condition its the best way to go it will ease you back into it also i take it this will be a annual thing outside i surely will be :pass:i recon i have 2 weeks min on my girls i lost one to bud rot in my greenhouse it spread like a mutha fucker from 1 top cola 2 days ago to 50 pcent of her so i chopped her for hash or bho and chucked the affected bits
Thanks mate, just drying and curing to go.
Doing paper bags but still feels like a minefield!
Yeah I'll do one outside annually. Might even get away with starting a second one about half way through the first one.
I plan to do one in a PC cabinet or box in the shed with light and heat over the Autumn and Winter.
What are the odds we have an Indian Summer and it will be scorching hot in September!!

Thanks mate, just drying and curing to go.
Doing paper bags but still feels like a minefield!
Yeah I'll do one outside annually. Might even get away with starting a second one about half way through the first one.
I plan to do one in a PC cabinet or box in the shed with light and heat over the Autumn and Winter.
What are the odds we have an Indian Summer and it will be scorching hot in September!!

i think that would work the yield may be less on the 2nd one but its worth a try also the pc case may be more tempting now you have grown and been successful i couldn't stop now my tent will be back up end of aug ive got the bug from my 1st grow i enjoy it so much its very rewarding.:worship::frog: also how do you put your heading about your grow at bottom id like to do it

Back