New Grower First grow, Royal Dwarf, UK outdoor

swan that 2 me is a bud you have done a super job of her mine have a couple of weeks at least to go i dont know how you want to dry your bits but brown paper bags work great i do it all in them as when i had stuff in my tent they all come down at different times so i had to keep bags out of it it may be worth you checking out :worship::vibe:
Thanks man for the advice, been reading about the paper bag thing and went out and bought some today, so when I pluck bits off the plant I'll pop em in to dry.

Cos I'm sad and overthink things I'm gonna have a bag marked "milky" and a bad marked "amber". Ambitious I know but it keeps it interesting. [emoji3]

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Quick update as it's late and I'm tired.

Did some selective harvesting tonight. We've got some milky and some amber.

Couldn't decide how to dry so I'm trying it all....

I've got some wet trimmed and in brown bags.
I've got some untrimmed hanging that I'll dry trim.
I've also got some umtrimmed in bags that I'll dry trim too.

Might regret it but we'll see.

Hope to do a more thorough update at weekend.

Here's some harvest pics for now.

cfee4cc95f00efefcfbec82daf243ee0.jpg

a11ef44d194b7741210e1842e2366d31.jpg

555264ec67f358a4ef86f75ec67b3419.jpg

19f0172ac3e82fa7d1b8852a5dd56202.jpg

Cheers
Swan

you have some great nugs there swan i prefer wet trim to dry as the leaves dry into and curl in on a large amount it can be a pain id leave them in the bag for 3 days and then you can monitor a bit more then you should be proud pal

Day 77: Nothing to report.

We may as well be living at the bottom of the ocean cos everything has been wet for about 4 days now.

Since my initial harvest and the selection of bits earlier in the week I found rot on some of the stuff I had pulled. No wonder really considering how wet it's been.

Tonight I got the microscope all over Dwarfy and the trichomes all seem to remain at milky, no amber whatsoever. Buds seem fuller though.

I did find what looked like rot in a few places so I've cut that out too just to be sure. Chucking bud was not easy to do but I'd rather have a little of something than all of nothing!

Feeding has gone to shit this week cos of all the rain she's had a soaked pot most days.

Praying for some sun this week and maybe we can chop the rest!

Also been planning what to do with the other 2 seeds in the pack. I'd like to do one in a PC case but the missus not keen on having it in the house so that's fair enough, gotta respect her wishes. I think I might build a little cabinet in the the shed and give one a crack in there!

No pics, sorry.

Cheers
Swan

Day 77: Nothing to report.

We may as well be living at the bottom of the ocean cos everything has been wet for about 4 days now.

Since my initial harvest and the selection of bits earlier in the week I found rot on some of the stuff I had pulled. No wonder really considering how wet it's been.

Tonight I got the microscope all over Dwarfy and the trichomes all seem to remain at milky, no amber whatsoever. Buds seem fuller though.

I did find what looked like rot in a few places so I've cut that out too just to be sure. Chucking bud was not easy to do but I'd rather have a little of something than all of nothing!

Feeding has gone to shit this week cos of all the rain she's had a soaked pot most days.

Praying for some sun this week and maybe we can chop the rest!

Also been planning what to do with the other 2 seeds in the pack. I'd like to do one in a PC case but the missus not keen on having it in the house so that's fair enough, gotta respect her wishes. I think I might build a little cabinet in the the shed and give one a crack in there!

No pics, sorry.

Cheers
Swan

you can always save your seeds till ya mrs comes around as i dont think planting outside now again would be the best for a auto but you could try it also i got bud rot on 1 main cola on my last tent grow you just gotta cut the shit out and dump it pal im quite worried about mine outside but the 2 in greenhouse are flying along so praying i dont get any issues but i would be chuffed if i was you swan .also i dont know what others think if your getting more bud rot id pull her down but thats just me

Last edited:
you can always save your seeds till ya mrs comes around as i dont think planting outside now again would be the best for a auto but you could try it also i got bud rot on 1 main cola on my last tent grow you just gotta cut the shit out and dump it pal im quite worried about mine outside but the 2 in greenhouse are flying along so praying i dont get any issues but i would be chuffed if i was you swan .also i dont know what others think if your getting more bud rot id pull her down but thats just me
Yeah I need to seriously think about pulling it.

It's this bloody rain, so close to the finish line!

Might be able to stick it under shelter for just a couple more days then chop on my day off on Thursday.

Update at 6pm home from work.
Awful weather today, looks like a couple of tomato plants have snapped in the wind and my sunflower has had a couple of side branches torn off too

Dwarfy is wet so gonna shake her off and make a little lean too for protection tonight if I get time in the hectic schedule!

Last edited:
Yeah I need to seriously think about pulling it.

It's this bloody rain, so close to the finish line!

Might be able to stick it under shelter for just a couple more days then chop on my day off on Thursday.

i updated my thread check em out pls swan see what you think my back 2 have packed a lot of weight on im shocked to be honest

Day 78: Going undercover.

Shit weather today. As I said earlier a couple of my tomatoes got blown over and snapped, as did a couple of sunflower branches.

I've made some primative cover for Dwarfy from clear heavy polythene sheet to at least stop her getting drenched! Thursday will be my next opportunity to harvest and I think I'll just do the lot.

Late again in the evening but here she is keeping dry under cover...

b976c3bc04b49a09dbf600cc3e71d269.jpg

217c910c5648486474c6dc31939854dd.jpg

My green garden lights give some pretty cool evil shadows!

d1bcb454ed3df0aeefe16179605c0143.jpg

40ed79e7e41fc86ce3cd51f937c57a50.jpg

Been thinking about the other 2 seeds, still keen on 1 in the shed. I've still got the 150w CFL and plenty of material to build a ventilated box in there..... Or I could be lazy and just buy a tent!

Cheers
Swan

Back