New Grower First grow, Royal Dwarf, UK outdoor

I'm no scientist, but the more amber, the more couch lock effect it'll provide. So it really depends on what effect you're trying achieve. You could chop it at any time now. You could even harvest the big buds and leave the smaller bud a few more days to develop more. Awesome thricomes shots btw and congrats on making it to the end! She looks delicious!

Sent from my red IBM Selectric

Stunning trich pics bud!!
@Raoul-Duke is correct on all accounts, at least the way i think. Personally i would be taking the upper more mature stuff and leaving the lower stuff to mature for another 5-7 days(maybe even longer) Maximize that harvest! Great work...make sure to get some nice pics for the contest...remember you need your best live cola(defoliated but not fully trimmed, so basically anything with a stalk can be removed). Did a great job bud!

I'm no scientist, but the more amber, the more couch lock effect it'll provide. So it really depends on what effect you're trying achieve. You could chop it at any time now. You could even harvest the big buds and leave the smaller bud a few more days to develop more. Awesome thricomes shots btw and congrats on making it to the end! She looks delicious!

Sent from my red IBM Selectric
Thanks @Raoul-Duke for the advice. This gives me some confidence to go for it and start to harvest some!

Will update on the next stages [emoji3]

Cheers
Swan

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

swan your ready to roll mate im around 15 days behind on my 1st 2 heres hoping you get some great fruits for your labour you smashed it

Thanks @Raoul-Duke for the advice. This gives me some confidence to go for it and start to harvest some!

Will update on the next stages
emoji3.png

Cheers
Swan

Fantastic job m8 those trichs are mouthwatering:drool:

like the others say ... the top is ready to go ... rest could be harvested in stages ...

... unless u want to know the different effects of clear to milky to amber ,, atm she could provide all three ..:cooldance:

an important aspect of growing is knowing ones own perferences regarding harvest time.. this can greatly improve your overall growing exp :bighug:

(I would only harvest top now) :haha:
Here's some Gorilla OG :pass: while u wait for your first buds to dry :vibe:

Day 72: A light haircut.

To cut a long story short, I chopped a bit, but only a tiny bit!!

So I dragged Dwarfy in a few hours ago for the big moment all excited to cut the top after finding amber trichomes and getting the vote of confidence yesterday to go for it.

Here she was....

82e0018670b1ab0f882875ba3be3edcc.jpg

e9cf8db382a65939a4a3d1f2840d9ad1.jpg

74e8dc3a7e59d246c1de8643a111741a.jpg

She measured 90cm from stem to tip which is probably about the max height for a Dwarf strain?

I then thought to myself before I get stuck in I'm gonna give her some beauty treatment! You might remember weeks back I decided pretty much not to baby her and let her crack on through thick and thin and she certainly was looking weathered here before me so I carefully removed any fan leaves that were brown, drooping below horizontal or eaten to buggery.....

d2d2d3c771ac9de25bb782b9d57c7fdd.jpg

And after she looked lovely and neat like this!!

b1ffd6ae065e91fd206c1b2fb6a5d8a5.jpg

b5d5a3cdc05fac40607dd3a3b654d9d1.jpg

So after that out came the microscope again to go on the trich hunt.

Bottom buds, clear to milky just as suspected..... Moving up lots of milky.... And at the top, huh where's that amber?? I saw it with my own eyes yesterday, I got photo evidence! A bit more scouting about and I found amber patches but it made me think if it's only patches it's not nicely distributed on the top bud what do I do?

Part of my brain goes "Swan you fucker just chop some now, it may not get bigger and better, the time is now!"

Then the other part of my brain is going "leave it Swan my old chap, just leave it a couple more days and it'll grow bigger and better”...

Arrghh, why is it so hard to make a decision, can't someone come and do this bit for me....

And then in one swift move I chopped this off right from the top....

c90336ff17c5d479c116feda503e96c2.jpg

bef3110b484a60e181436f9991d16629.jpg

This is the bit that definitely had amber. I'd like to harvest some at milky too but that's all I cut for now, there's plenty left to choose milky from.

So I have a question... Is this a single bud or nug? Looking at the top of the plant I could of been a hero and cut off 3 times that length that looked like one big bud, but on closer inspection of this little bit I can see it still branches off here and there to individual bud growth. It doesn't really matter to me but it would be good to know.

Anyway here she is before putting her back outside. As you can see the top is flatter now I've removed those couple of inches. I'll look at her in detail again tomorrow and I might chop a few milky bits / buds / nugs or whatever I decided they are!

3fb35d688a3f842f6ae80873bfe5e378.jpg

And a couple of pretty shots to finish. Green and purple go really well together I think...

d7fe51a2fe73a82c64f08631013ee648.jpg

ccff56e37198d05e6e9d83f790d07fc3.jpg

Cheers
Swan

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
swan that 2 me is a bud you have done a super job of her mine have a couple of weeks at least to go i dont know how you want to dry your bits but brown paper bags work great i do it all in them as when i had stuff in my tent they all come down at different times so i had to keep bags out of it it may be worth you checking out :worship::vibe:

Back