New Grower First grow, Royal Dwarf, UK outdoor

o swan i bet your so proud like your first born you can get a microscope or even use your phone to check your tricomes there are lots of vids on utube showing you how normally you wait untill there all cloudy and maybe some amber for a good couch lock stone i recon going by what i can see you will get a oz plus :worship:i will be doing a outdoor grow every year from now on
Thanks man, looking forward to the next stages. Been reading up about harvesting, trimming, drying and curing. All new skills to try!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

There are lots of ways to dry and cure I dry all mine in brown paper bags I wet trim normally and from then in my mason jars just make sure u don't overdry them before the jars as timings critical plus you may be better getting a meter to pop in jars in some of my other threads I do all them steps

Making a comfy outdoor seat to enjoy an alfresco smoke

Hope to do a Dwarfy update later but it's pissing with rain so had to run in. But here's what I've been doing for a couple of hours this arvo...

Take one sofa that nobody wants...

d57a86f5dc28dc927edbcc3957c79e92.jpg

Spray it with a whole can of Scotch guard for a nice base layer of protection.

Spend £35 on some water proof material used for boat upholstery. Cut some PVC board to fit inside the cushion covers and cut your material....

d2673c19c3a4775d5d1639aaa307b097.jpg

Bung the PVC inside the cover under the cushion, stretch material over, staple in place. Then repeat for second cushion...

f47cc2c417370d7e5ba62e6b7fd9e66a.jpg

Bung an offcut of material along the bottom lip of sofa...

6fbcc39a40245f8214d55f9aa18d6021.jpg

Do a similar process for the back cushions... Well I got one done before the rain arrived. Quite pleased with it. Even if it only lasts us a year we've got an outdoor sofa for 35 quid!

50fcbdd0c61aa2d49d25edad22b09b54.jpg

Once I've done the other cushions I'll post finished pics

Cheers
Swan

great idea i look forward to a update on the dwarfy shes gotta be close to done now
I looked on Friday and trichomes were clear.

Rain is really heavy now, she's been rained on plenty this week which ain't good.

Weatherman says it's gonna hit 30 degrees next week but it looks like thunderstorms and all that junk too.

Might stretch a bit of clear polythene over her and try to keep her dry at least.

thats a great idea my greenhouse girl loves it in there to my others who have just stayed out ..snap us a pic when you can also some strains they may stay clear and no amber id check other grows of your girl for tips on net

Day 70: Drowned Dwarfy

Went out into the pouring rain to drag Dwarfy in for an inspection.

Pulled apart buds etc to look for any obvious signs of rotting etc and can't see any so that's good.

I've got a microscope and can see that most trichomes are cloudy, could have sworn they were clear on Friday.

When I did my first feed back in May I wrote a note down to say harvest approx 17th - 24th July so I'm possibly not that far wrong.

Will check trichomes daily and look for a touch of amber. I might chop some at different times and label up the drying bags and curing jars to see if I can tell the difference between say bud that was mainly cloudy trichomes and bud that I left to go longer and more amber.

I just don't want to ruin it!

I do tend to obsess over small details sometimes and I get stressed by all the info that's out there and then can't decide what to do for the best.

Whatever happens once it's chopped I will be continuing this journal through drying and curing and smoking and maybe talk a bit about why I decided to do this first grow and how it's been.

b9bc530bc3db86fa3a117bfef5a39254.jpg

862719f5d041f6b213b5be9da8997e05.jpg

ee3c1b8e5ba5de307eeb4c3b71c5321b.jpg

Cheers
Swan

Back