New Grower First grow, Royal Dwarf, UK outdoor

Day 35: LST

Dwarfy by name but not by nature. Well I decided that at 3ft to the top (including pot) she was standing out too much among the tomatoes so time for some plant bondage.

I'm almost a bit embarrassed to post these pics cos she looks even more untidy now (I'm a bit OCD with tidyness) but this is what I have done:

4be4a42c80750bfc1c28309058ee8837.jpg

57312585004464c09296a046e05c4b1e.jpg

9782ee8b454da16346a126f938ee1221.jpg

The main stem has been given a yank back. The little bud sites at the bottom have instantly more light and I have left them pointing straight up. The lower side branches I have pulled out to the sides so she looks like she wants to give a big hug! And a fairly decent looking bud site at the back I have manoeuvred out to the side a bit to be bathed in more light.

Now there's no big tip pointing out above the tomatoes, she blends in better despite the arrangement of pipe cleaners!

Gave her another feed as she was finally a bit drier after all the rain. The brown spots are cal / mag / iron deficiency right? I'm guessing the rain doesn't have much of those minerals in it and seeing as 8/10 waterings have come from the sky the past 2 weeks that would make sense!

Cheers
Swan

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
She's definitely a fighter mate. :amazon: and my how she's groen : ) I've been following this journal for a few days now and glad to see her soldiering on. Just goes to show how tough these little autos can be eh. I hope she makes a decent little plant for you : ) Mine has been outide for two days now and already almost f#@*ked it. The wind blew the garden clock down and nocked 2 fans off her snapped a side branch and the main stem was half bent over. So armed with my dowels and twisty tie the operation began. I managed to splint the stem + side branch and tidied her up a little then put her inside under led while she hopefully recovered. I lost 1 more fan leaf that shriveled but everything else stayed green & alive. The pic is 24 hrs later (today) you can just see the brown break under the 3rd node & the splinted side branch. She aint dead yet but hopefully it will recover and not be too stunted. Time will tell

Happy growing mate
:pass:

Attachments

• 20170611_144924.jpg
    20170611_144924.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 113
She's definitely a fighter mate. :amazon: and my how she's groen : ) I've been following this journal for a few days now and glad to see her soldiering on. Just goes to show how tough these little autos can be eh. I hope she makes a decent little plant for you : ) Mine has been outide for two days now and already almost f#@*ked it. The wind blew the garden clock down and nocked 2 fans off her snapped a side branch and the main stem was half bent over. So armed with my dowels and twisty tie the operation began. I managed to splint the stem + side branch and tidied her up a little then put her inside under led while she hopefully recovered. I lost 1 more fan leaf that shriveled but everything else stayed green & alive. The pic is 24 hrs later (today) you can just see the brown break under the 3rd node & the splinted side branch. She aint dead yet but hopefully it will recover and not be too stunted. Time will tell

Happy growing mate
:pass:
The unpredictable nature and set backs on these grows will just make the fruits of our labor all the more sweeter [emoji3]

Glad to see she's holding up after getting clocked by the clock.

Cheers
Swan

The unpredictable nature and set backs on these grows will just make the fruits of our labor all the more sweeter [emoji3]

Glad to see she's holding up after getting clocked by the clock.

Cheers
Swan
keep your chin up swan i think with the weather we had shes a fighter the wind has been so bad here without my greenhouse mine would be dead but this week there going on there own under my apple tree well 3 of them :vibes::goodluck::nicethread: i will keep my thread updated swan

Day 37: The sun has got his hat on...

Hip hip hip hooray, the sun has got his hat on and he's coming out to play [emoji444][emoji444]

At last some sunshine. I was working outside most of the day and got rather crispy myself.

And stinky.... Erm I mean Dwarfy is soaking some decent rays again. She's fought against my LST and aimed skyward again with the bud sites.

The rest of the garden is recovering from the rough weather last week too.

She's still rough n ready, still got blotchy, holey and brittle leaves but she fights on!

And yes the pics I take are usually inside but she is an outdoor plant still! By the time I've got home and done the evening routine it's too dark out to take pics even at this time of year when the evenings are longer.

65015127c87db5d5f878c39afe68c12e.jpg

5939228e5183f51ed5975afca58a5d29.jpg

6f221d28daab9f355348c606c8592063.jpg

01d007fc5bdad45c088d9682eb90e84c.jpg

Cheers
Swan

great stuff swan shes flying for a dwarf i will update my pics tmoz pal also they recon this week from now on were in for a heat wave o yes

Day 44: A bend too far

Remember I said I'd just leave her to it? Remember that?

Well I just couldn't help myself and decided to fiddle a bit more and bent the main stem over too far....... And split it! Typical me that is, I usually do something to find the limit and then get annoyed at myself for pushing things to far!

The stem is still together on one side so I've wound a pipe cleaner round it and promise to leave it alone from now on!

Not sure how the break will affect it, I'm sure these are pretty resilient plants but it might lessen the growth in the top 2 nodes now.

I'm tapering back the BioBizz grow and upping the Bloom with every other feed now.

Anyway here she is at day 44 -

9a82337c56c7ada8d14099382f641670.jpg

4ec1d7ab8212553ec7d7b3c5b2b069f6.jpg

fd9fdd226325244a69401f76a5d85131.jpg

Cheers
Swan and Dwarfy

Day 44: A bend too far

Remember I said I'd just leave her to it? Remember that?

Well I just couldn't help myself and decided to fiddle a bit more and bent the main stem over too far....... And split it! Typical me that is, I usually do something to find the limit and then get annoyed at myself for pushing things to far!

The stem is still together on one side so I've wound a pipe cleaner round it and promise to leave it alone from now on!

Not sure how the break will affect it, I'm sure these are pretty resilient plants but it might lessen the growth in the top 2 nodes now.

I'm tapering back the BioBizz grow and upping the Bloom with every other feed now.

Anyway here she is at day 44 -

9a82337c56c7ada8d14099382f641670.jpg

4ec1d7ab8212553ec7d7b3c5b2b069f6.jpg

fd9fdd226325244a69401f76a5d85131.jpg

Cheers
Swan and Dwarfy

it still looks ok for the beating she has took weather wise aswell mine are flying along i keep bending mine to keep them low but yours is flowering so you can start seeing fruits of your labor keep up the good work pal

Last edited:
I think she will handle...have done also many times, also broken and flowered like hell, looking nice Swan! :biggrin:

:smoking:hey swan. Just dropped in to see how dwarfy was doing and given your circumstance I thought I'd share some pictures for your peace of mind as mine suffered the same kind of abuse.....
remember that clock :doh: haha
Well that was day 21
20170612_122740.jpg
20170612_122957.jpg
20170612_122957.jpg

today is day 33 (pics from day 31)
20170616_170456.jpg
20170620_130505.jpg
I took her inside for two nights after the break just to give her a chance but she took it well in her stride. She is probably stunted im not sure as its my first round but either way she's alive and pre flowering :worship:

Hope this gives you a little more hope :pass:

Attachments

• 20170612_123038.jpg
    20170612_123038.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 83
Back