Live Stoners First grow need some guidance.

60x60x120cm tent a tad on the short side.maybe something adjustable,are them quantum boards adjustable they getting popular with euro folks.a single plant likes about 50x50 ish n more.a 6L airpot is 22cm tall a 10/15L would be 30cm.plus the 30cm light will hang from top of tent =60cm between top of pot and the light.
fully organic as in amended soil and water only ? or floganics/biotabs ? biobizz is organic i use it,but it comes out of a bottle so i allways wonder is it really organic ?
dutch passion are rock solid,very forgiving.mephisto is a big fav of mine,dinafem blue cheese mmm
good luck n keep er lit
:pighug:

Archie is right 120cm is short, it looks like you have a propergation/mother tent. If you can afford the space a 120cmx120cmx200cm will be perfect and you could grow 5 juicey plants without being to crampy

Id agree with the lads about the height, but you could get away with 1 bigger plant with a bitta lst.
As for banks barneys farm is my usual go to, tho flowering times are longer than advertised.
They have a strain called tangerine dream (indica dominant) that comes in an auto variety (tangiamatic).
I have one flowering now and its colas stack well. Not to mention the scent! Sweet citrus exactly like biting into a fresh tangerine. Id highly recommend her

Hi guys, i've been looking through this website for a while and decided to make an account to hopefully get some guidance on my first grow. So this is the plan so far looking to use the Secret Jardin DS60 which is 60x60x120 cm. As for the light im thinking of using the 3500K autocob from - Thecobshop.net. For odor control i want use the rhino pro carbon filter with the S&P Silent Inline Fans and accoustic ducting. I want to grow in organic soil not sure on the brand to use. As for pots i was thinking of using 15 to 20l air pot or autopots. Max two plants with a yield of about 2 to 3 oz. For nutrients im lost on what to use id like an all in one solution if possible. Was thinking of using Ph checked spring water because i have hard tap water? Im looking for the most stress free grow and stealthy as possible. I use mainly indica for medicinal, so looking quality over quantity. Ive been looking into these seeds from mephistogenetics, Dinafem, BarneysFarm. Thinking Auto's would be best for speed. All advice is highly apreciated thanks in advance. PS Not to sure on the autocob due to me being in the U.K.

hey @Rhekluse and welcome to AFN my man... fellow UK grower :welcome:... I have special powers of hiding G'rooms from landlord inspections (4 a year) and making them as silent as possible, I may be of help... but I will warn you, hiding a grow room and making them silent takes effort on you behalf and you can't cut corners.

Nice one my man you have done your research well.

Rhino filter for the win or if you wish to have your filter on the out side of the tent due to space issues (with that little tent I would consider it) I recommend a Phesh inline filter... on ducting, accusitic ducting is must for helping reduce air flow noise (when used properly)... and depending on where your tent is and the external environment it will stop the build up of condensation in your intake ducts (bud rot warning)... what will make a lot of noise in your ducting is any hard parts like T joint's or elbow joints, the air can howl through them at top speed. Plastic or metal they will still make the most noise. You need to wrap these in loft insulation or get the insulation form the ducting to cover them... one trick for making the air flow noise at the end of your ducting more silent is to have your ducting snake loads at tight 180 angles before the air leaves it. This will reduce the speed of the air down and inturn make it quieter when it leaves the ducting... you extraction fan is the big giveaway when it come to noise, this is where you spend your cash and your time the most.

To reduce the noise of your extraction fan the best method is to build a silencer box for it... this is only needed if you need to deaden that sound as much as you can. I can only hear mine (I have 2) in the summer when they are on full blast... come on over to my journals, its all in there... hanging it with bungees is another way to avoid vibration... do this with you mini fans as well to stop vibration (my groom is in the loft and you will be surprised how much those mini fans can vibrate through the floor when attached to a tent pole)

For a fan controller look into the SMS range... you will need one

Auto cob for the win or a 135w DIY Quantum Broad set up, personal I would go for that first, then top up with Cob's as you go along... forget about HPS old tech, autocob and QB's will perform way way better. You will just be throwing that HPS away in a year and asking me again whcih LED's to buy or build (another super power I have is DIY LED's)... plus your growing in low hight with that tent size, way to small for hps... Perfect for the low profile QB's...

Pleas come and join me on this grow I can answer all question about my set up a lot easier - https://www.autoflower.org/threads/slater-grows-healing-path.68047/#post-1925755

When you say stress free are you looking to walk away for a few days at a time ? if so I would then look into growing in coco and using autopots or a drip feed system (that's what I use, I can set it for up to 7 days and walk away... I still stress, once you grow you stress ;) )... soil can be stress free as in none if little of the nutes but it can be more hands on when it comes to watering. You have to time it right for the best grow ( if your after quality timing on watering soil is one of the bigger factors in getting that plant to perform at its best)...but in coco with a automated watering system you can walk away for few day all depending how large your water rez is.

for nutes that all depends on the medium, my recommendation would be...

Soil - Bio bizz, Plant Magic, bio tabs.

coco - Remo, Canna, Dutch pro etc etc atc... if you go this route choose a line and stick with it and learn it. They are all pretty well much the same thing in the bottles. Only the most codependent growers will get the extra out of one brand over another.

you have listed some of the best auto breeders, Mephisto and dinafem will do you proud.

Love to help you out more my friend, so come on over to my journal (slater grows healing path) and i can give all the help needed on you set up plus that journal is all about my set up and how i grow.

here we saved ya some on the welcome joint, have fun
giphy12.gif

First off, Thanks to everyone for the brilliant advice.

I've now reevaluated my plan.

I decided to get the Secret Jardin DR60 60cm x 60cm x 170cm with 150mm vents. It's 20cm taller than the original one i was going to go with,

Hopefully the height is now sufficient. For now im going to stick with a single 3500k autocob then later down the road, i'll grab a DIY QB.

Still going with a Rhino Pro Carbon Filter 6" Cant decide which of these three inline fans to buy.

Ultra quiet inline duct fan TD 500/150-160 SILENT S&P 6" - up to 550 m3/h

Phresh HyperFan stealth 6" 150mm 535 m3/h

Iso-Mix Acoustic Insulated Inline Fan 6" 150mm 550 m3/h

The Filter size/air volume is 150x300 600m3/hr So was wondering if those are the correct Fans for the filter ive chosen?

As for the ducting im going with Rhino SONO Ducting 6" 150mm. Decided on 20L fabric Air Pruning Pots instead of the air pots.

The medium and nutrients i really need some advice on. I was looking at these, All Mix by BioBizz, Light Mix by BioBizz, Grow Mix.

What's the exact nutreints i need for these mediums? I'd like use as little as possible and preferably organic.

Last edited:
The medium and nutrients i really need some advice on. I was looking at these, All Mix by BioBizz, Light Mix by BioBizz, Grow Mix.

What's the exact nutreints i need for these mediums? I'd like use as little as possible and preferably organic.

Id recommend biobizz lightmix if your growing autos. I used just biogrow and biobloom my first grow and got good results and theyre both 100% organic.

Id recommend biobizz lightmix if your growing autos. I used just biogrow and biobloom my first grow and got good results and theyre both 100% organic.

Cool, that's simple enough. What sort of schedule did you use? is it organic?
So apparently im blind just noticed you said it's organic haha.

Just took alook at your grow thread, good job man. What was your final yield dry?

Just took alook at your grow thread, good job man. What was your final yield dry?
Honestly I cant remember, I think just shy of an oz off each. Tho I was under a crappy cfl and had to cut early. I couldnt fault the nutrients.
With an autocob you should well surpass that yield.
Basically ya feed just bio grow for veg, or in the case of autos untill you see preflowers. Then you use both biogrow and bloom during flowering. They have a grow chart that shows the different feed strengths for their different soils, tho you should use 3/4 strength whats recommended when growing autos

Oh and if ya want a "bloom booster", pick up some Plagron Bat guano and top dress at the start of flowering. Honestly that shit is awesome

Last edited:
Back