Photoperiod First grow - Need help

Thanks for checking in @Waira , they had another feed today after they woke up at 980PPM and PH'd to 6.3. Day 36 of 12/12

I took a few photos in case you see anything wrong but as of now I think my best guess on the burning is from the spraying. You said it might be a sign of a deficiency starting, do you see anything on these photos I need to worry about? I am not planning on spraying again. You can see some white specs occasionally on the leaves and under a loupe these look like little white granules, I am guessing from the spray. They easily blow off. I haven't given any additional CalMag in about a week but might give a light dose next watering and continue weekly?

Any advice would be appreciated, or if I should just get back on the program and continue on? Thanks again, your help is very much appreciated!

These are taken with the quantum board on. The large mother has always had lighter leaves than the clones, I am assuming from the large PH issue I had while in veg. I also think that pot is slightly root bound.

DAY36A.jpg

Small pointy leaves drooping inside the bud. Is this normal?

DAY36B.jpg

This is just outside the tent under halogen pot lights

DAY36C.jpg

DAY36D.jpg

Thanks for checking in @Waira , they had another feed today after they woke up at 980PPM and PH'd to 6.3. Day 36 of 12/12

I took a few photos in case you see anything wrong but as of now I think my best guess on the burning is from the spraying. You said it might be a sign of a deficiency starting, do you see anything on these photos I need to worry about? I am not planning on spraying again. You can see some white specs occasionally on the leaves and under a loupe these look like little white granules, I am guessing from the spray. They easily blow off. I haven't given any additional CalMag in about a week but might give a light dose next watering and continue weekly?

Any advice would be appreciated, or if I should just get back on the program and continue on? Thanks again, your help is very much appreciated!

These are taken with the quantum board on. The large mother has always had lighter leaves than the clones, I am assuming from the large PH issue I had while in veg. I also think that pot is slightly root bound.

View attachment 969454

Small pointy leaves drooping inside the bud. Is this normal?

View attachment 969455

This is just outside the tent under halogen pot lights

View attachment 969456
View attachment 969457

Looking overall good to me, I would let it go, or prune the droopy ones off if they wilt or dontt recover. The one in the middle is hungry. How is the humidity and temps with the weather changes this time of year?

Looking overall good to me, I would let it go, or prune the droopy ones off if they wilt or dontt recover. The one in the middle is hungry. How is the humidity and temps with the weather changes this time of year?

Thanks for the reply @Rev. Green Genes

Humidity in the tent has remained stable at 45-50%, I run a humidifier in there around the clock to keep it up. Temps have come down a bit, range is 70-78f.

The challenge is there is no middle one. That is part of the large mother plant where one section of it looks completely healthy and others look sick. That one plant is literally 4'-6" long and 2'-6" wide, I LST'd the heck out of it. Coupled with the tip burn I am worried about feeding it more. Here's a quick diagram to show you what I mean. The 10G pot is literally a solid brick of roots, I am guessing that may be part of the issue

DAY36A---DIAGRAM.jpg

If it's root bound, than increase frequency of feeding but not strength because it doesn't hold the nutes in there anyway. If it's a solid bank of root, the drainage would be only a bit less PPM after it goes through. In these conditions, the film of water that remains in the root mass is the only source of nutrition. You can foliar feed the lighter green portion of the plant to make up for it as well, just don't spray flowers.

My science mind has a question though. I am wondering if the section of the plant that is deficient correlates to a section of most root bound area in the pot. Like left brain/right brain. Perhaps there is some geometric pattern between roots that serve which shoots. Riddle me that. I don't know, just a cool observation.

Last edited:
:yeahthat:....................nope- :greenthumb:-- just work those bloom nutes, fatten those colas!

Ugh, so it never ends. Looks like this may be a reason for the yellowing on the big mother @Waira @Rev. Green Genes

DAY38 SCALE1.jpg

The wet spot in the photo below is sticky like sap

DAY38 SCALE2.jpg

I have been inspecting the leaves regularly but haven't looked under the hood in about a week or so on this one. Also some leaves have died back on the bottom exposing this issue. I can't see any on the clones, but lots are visible on the mother where this would have all come from. I guess the spraying did little to deter these although the thrips seem much better than before.

First thought is to try and pick as many off as possible by hand then spray the under carriage with that same Pyrethrin .20% spray while avoiding the buds. Not sure if that works on scale or not. They appear to be only on the lower sections for now. Maybe sprinkle some more diatomaceous earth on the lower branches where they are as well?

Second thought was to scrap the whole grow and start from scratch.

What do you guys think? Will these spread to the buds? Should I keep going? The buds are fattening up nicely so I was starting to get excited...

I spent about an hour last night removing as many as I could see by hand. I was going cross-eyed by the end of it. Probably got 40-50. They were soft and squished easily, so while I first attempted picking them off that proved impossible, so it was more of a smear and rub type motion. They seemed to be only on old growth. At lights out I gave the lower half of the plant a good spray of Pyrethrin .20% .

I checked the clones over quite well and couldn't find any there. I guess I have 3 options now. a) keep going as planned b) remove and destroy just the mother c) light a match and walk away

..scale seem to be fairly picky about where they lodge,... many do prefer stems over leaves, but the tiny larvae do travel easily,... sprays will make short work of them, meantime treat as you see them,.. Zero need for scrubbing, this is a minimal issue... Be damn glad it's just scale, and not a shit-show that mites or root aphids would be! :nono:

..scale seem to be fairly picky about where they lodge,... many do prefer stems over leaves, but the tiny larvae do travel easily,... sprays will make short work of them, meantime treat as you see them,.. Zero need for scrubbing, this is a minimal issue... Be damn glad it's just scale, and not a shit-show that mites or root aphids would be! :nono:

Thanks @Waira that's great to hear. I was worried this was worse than you say. They seem to be focused on the old stem growth. Appreciate the reply

So I just wanted to check-in with some recent photos. I think I am having CalMag issues but am not sure. It's worse on the large mother but as noted before it's probably partly due to it being root bound. I also was curious if anyone had any thoughts on the burning that's happening on the teeth? Also if I should increase CalMag since the clones are showing some signs of lightening(photo 2 & 3) on the bigger fan laves? I am feeding every 2-3 days with 900PPM, knocked back form 970 or so that I was feeding before the noticeable burn. Alternating water/feed. I have cut down the CalMag to once a week on a water day but might increase that to twice weekly. This thread has somewhat turned into a grow journal so I hope this is alright. I read a lot of the threads in the infirmary and always wonder how things turn out so I wanted to keep this thread updated in case anyone is curious. The buds are starting to fatten up and they're finally looking frosty. The smell has increased quite a bit as well in the last week or so

DAY45B.jpg

DAY45C.jpg
DAY45D.jpg

DAY45E.jpg

DAY45F.jpg

Back