Indoor First grow 23w cfl's, Ak47 and White widow

Im gonna make a seperate entry for the new grow once I plant it into its final pot in a few days. I gave it its first feed..very minimal on Wednesday night..and now the leaves look more rigid, green and 'praying':), also growing faster, that 3rd set of leaves that are visible in the previous pic are now the same size as the ones under it in just over a day since feeding. Still debating on if I should mix in about 25% coco with the soil/perlite mixture for the final container.
How close are your lights? My plants leaves were doing that and it ended up being that the lights were just a bit too close.

Final addition to this journal. I finished curing it...I don't know the overall amount..looks to be about an ounce or a bit more. Smoke from both is very smooth..the ak isn't that strong and has some aftertaste..widow is much less on the aftertaste and a bit stronger. my new grow, I wont keep a journal..it looks to be going the same way as the other 2..new growth slightly clawing..yet first set of true leaves are a bit pale and not as green as the rest of the plant. Will finish this grow and then done. im guessing cfl's are the culprit, but have no choice but to use them. Good luck to everyone and happy harvesting!

I think if the older leaves are pale it means they're hungry and if the newer leaves are pale they're over fed... @Rebel would know!

Final addition to this journal. I finished curing it...I don't know the overall amount..looks to be about an ounce or a bit more. Smoke from both is very smooth..the ak isn't that strong and has some aftertaste..widow is much less on the aftertaste and a bit stronger. my new grow, I wont keep a journal..it looks to be going the same way as the other 2..new growth slightly clawing..yet first set of true leaves are a bit pale and not as green as the rest of the plant. Will finish this grow and then done. im guessing cfl's are the culprit, but have no choice but to use them. Good luck to everyone and happy harvesting!

How old is your plant(s) with the new growth that is pale?

I think if the older leaves are pale it means they're hungry and if the newer leaves are pale they're over fed... @Rebel would know!

Yes you are correct! Also the clawing has me suspicious... Clawing usually means over fed. But depends on how old...

CFLs wouldn't bleach your plants like a LED would. I have to go back and read more of your journal friend... Until then how old are your new ones with issues?

I used CFLs in my very first grow and they do work... Just gotta keep them close without leaf curling up (taco'ing) or burning them being too close.

the plant is 1 month from sprout tmr. It just makes no sense at all its why I throw in the towel. Gardening is incredibly complicated and for someone with my background of science and numbers...this is not a venture that makes any sense to me..no rhyme or reason to what happens to a plant lol. Both symptoms started at the same time..the new growth clawing and the old growth yellowing..so im at a standstill. Cfl's I learnt are an absolute no-no to growing marijuana as its only good for maybe 2-3 weeks from sprout, after that the plant is lacking..even when I have 15 cfl's...it doesn't matter..plants are small compared to others who use hid lights. My lights are 3 inches away from plants the whole time..makes no difference..20000 lumens for one plant and it wont even get an ounce...pointless lol. In the end this venture saved me money as im quitting smoking as its too expensive to buy, and impossible to grow a worthwhile amount with cfl's and the expensive nutes to feed the plants...same cost as buying on the street..too expensive for my budget. Theoretical physics makes perfect sense to me...growing a marijuana plant is at least 10x more complex and definitely not for me!!!

clawing is harder to see from the overhead shot...but you can see it from eye level. newer growth is also more wrinkled than the older growth. Cut off top node to top the plant just after pic was taken.

Attachments

• Photo0317.jpg
    Photo0317.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 98
  • Photo0318.jpg
    Photo0318.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
the plant is 1 month from sprout tmr. It just makes no sense at all its why I throw in the towel. Gardening is incredibly complicated and for someone with my background of science and numbers...this is not a venture that makes any sense to me..no rhyme or reason to what happens to a plant lol. Both symptoms started at the same time..the new growth clawing and the old growth yellowing..so im at a standstill. Cfl's I learnt are an absolute no-no to growing marijuana as its only good for maybe 2-3 weeks from sprout, after that the plant is lacking..even when I have 15 cfl's...it doesn't matter..plants are small compared to others who use hid lights. My lights are 3 inches away from plants the whole time..makes no difference..20000 lumens for one plant and it wont even get an ounce...pointless lol. In the end this venture saved me money as im quitting smoking as its too expensive to buy, and impossible to grow a worthwhile amount with cfl's and the expensive nutes to feed the plants...same cost as buying on the street..too expensive for my budget. Theoretical physics makes perfect sense to me...growing a marijuana plant is at least 10x more complex and definitely not for me!!!
Think of them more like people... they are all different in their own little ways. I don't think it's a huge problem if it's recognized and corrected. If she can't eat as much because you feel the light is lacking, try waiting an extra day to feed her, or giving her slightly less next time. Some of them are more hungry... I'm still on my first grow! I have nothing to compare. I've seen a few grows here though where the same strain can do different things under identical circumstances. I think the yellow leaves at the bottom mean she is hungry! I don't see any clawing in your pics. It almost looks like the light may actually be too close or there is too much air... the way the leaf edges are pointing up. What's the humidity like? You're doing great!!!

Last edited:
Think of them more like people... they are all different in their own little ways. I don't think it's a huge problem if it's recognized and corrected. If she can't eat as much because you feel the light is lacking, try waiting an extra day to feed her, or giving her slightly less next time. Some of them are more hungry... I'm still on my first grow! I have nothing to compare. I've seen a few grows here though where the same strain can do different things under identical circumstances. You're doing great!!!
I cant underfeed as the last grow both plants were yellowing from the onset of flowering and never stopped no matter how much I fed it. last plants looked great too up until flowering, at which point the yellowing started at an alarming late and I pretty much grew the plants out with no viable leaves for most of flowering. Of course its not a problem IF identified AND corrected on time..but being this makes no sense..i cant recognize the problem thus cant correct it. I'll leave it do whatever it does..im not going to 'obsess' over this one like the other two..no point..it'll do what it does regardless of what I do. I do look at them like people lol..its why I throw in the towel..too unpredictable..again..no rhyme or reason to why anything happens..best to cut my ties lol.

I cant underfeed as the last grow both plants were yellowing from the onset of flowering and never stopped no matter how much I fed it. last plants looked great too up until flowering, at which point the yellowing started at an alarming late and I pretty much grew the plants out with no viable leaves for most of flowering. Of course its not a problem IF identified AND corrected on time..but being this makes no sense..i cant recognize the problem thus cant correct it. I'll leave it do whatever it does..im not going to 'obsess' over this one like the other two..no point..it'll do what it does regardless of what I do. I do look at them like people lol..its why I throw in the towel..too unpredictable..again..no rhyme or reason to why anything happens..best to cut my ties lol.
Personally I think she looks hungry! And thirsty ... but you are the one there with her!

Back