Indoor First grow 23w cfl's, Ak47 and White widow

I knew it was high in n when I bought it..but it was that or a miracle gro one with 12-4-8 I believe. I saw it slightly clawing 2 days ago...its why I didn't get why at the same time the first set of leaves were yellowing. Maybe its because it doesn't get light. The pro mix had something in it..a fertilizer that feeds the plants for 3 months...but I used this soil for previous grow already...used since may. This is pro mix organic vegetable and herb mix...not the soilless bale of pro mix most people use. I was going to use coco coir as I bought it..but that's much harder with watering/feeding, so I used this soil again. the worm castings compost is also a 1-1-1..the added fert that came with the soil is less concentrated than that.

Oh I see.. Well what strain is it? Could just be genetic...

I use worm castings as well but I use HP... Hmmm. I'll do some reading..

Oh I see.. Well what strain is it? Could just be genetic...

I use worm castings as well but I use HP... Hmmm. I'll do some reading..
I spent over 3 months of reading and watching videos every night since april lol...in theory I know what I would need to do it properly..but a limited budget prevents that..so I try to make due with what I can get. Im not sure on the strain as it came from a co worker who got it from someone else who got it from a dispensary. By the leaves it seems to be an indica..its all I know.

I mean on your medium and nutes I need to do some reading lol I understand the limited budget thing... That's why I started growing with them... I went to HTG supply web site and got a 150watt hps... Their own light. May be something to ponder...

Is that an auto or photo?

If you are on a budget you may consider SeaGrow... If you are I can give you a link here to a thread about it that I started years ago... The sea grow users took it over and its chock full of info. It's very easy on the wallet and a little goes a long way...

Reusing the soil may have something to do with it depending on how "hot" the soil is. PH being off can lock things out too. I put extra guano in my soil and it caused the same problems. (Clawing etc.) I would suggest doing a flush at some point to help out.

Reusing the soil may have something to do with it depending on how "hot" the soil is. PH being off can lock things out too. I put extra guano in my soil and it caused the same problems. (Clawing etc.) I would suggest doing a flush at some point to help out.
I flushed the soil for about 10 days...3 waterings...at the end of last grow...I doubt the soil was too hot as those 2 plants were underfed and at harvest had virtually no leaves left on it..whatever was there was all yellow for weeks.

we'll see how it goes..im hesitant to spend any more money on it as I don't know exactly what the issue is, I don't know what to correct. The clawing on new growth and same time yellowing of first true leaves has me lost. How can new growth have a nitrogen toxicity yet first growth is lacking nitrogen? Im going to let it do whatever it does and report back.

Attachments

• 1 month old.jpg
    1 month old.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 1 month.jpg
    1 month.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 1 month old..jpg
    1 month old..jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 42
we'll see how it goes..im hesitant to spend any more money on it as I don't know exactly what the issue is, I don't know what to correct. The clawing on new growth and same time yellowing of first true leaves has me lost. How can new growth have a nitrogen toxicity yet first growth is lacking nitrogen? Im going to let it do whatever it does and report back.
It's 2 separate issues :pass:...I think the way the "teeth" on the edges of your leaves are sticking up is because your lights are too close. And I think the yellowing is because they were hungry... but you fed them and now the new growth is not yellow. The yellow will never recover.

It's 2 separate issues :pass:...I think the way the "teeth" on the edges of your leaves are sticking up is because your lights are too close. And I think the yellowing is because they were hungry... but you fed them and now the new growth is not yellow. The yellow will never recover.
We'll see what it does..i might start flowering it and maybe get a few grams off of it. Only that set of leaves is getting more yellow...and the yellowing was starting after the second feed..but again..at same time it was clawing on top. Maybe its a handicapped plant and nutes only go to the top of the plant. The lights are 4 inches away..i had it in the sun for the afternoon..its boiling outside but it still seemed to prefer that..the 2 future colas where I topped doubled in size this afternoon under the sun. The plant will likely continue to yellow from the bottom up like the other 2...once yellowing hits the next set of leaves im gonna put it to 12/12 and get off it what I can while it still has leaves.

We'll see what it does..i might start flowering it and maybe get a few grams off of it. Only that set of leaves is getting more yellow...and the yellowing was starting after the second feed..but again..at same time it was clawing on top. Maybe its a handicapped plant and nutes only go to the top of the plant. The lights are 4 inches away..i had it in the sun for the afternoon..its boiling outside but it still seemed to prefer that..the 2 future colas where I topped doubled in size this afternoon under the sun. The plant will likely continue to yellow from the bottom up like the other 2...once yellowing hits the next set of leaves im gonna put it to 12/12 and get off it what I can while it still has leaves.
The yellowing won't go away, and every time she gets hungry, she will start pulling nutrients from her leaves, from the bottom up. So if the yellowing continues, you need to feed her more or more frequently.

Back