Indoor First grow 23w cfl's, Ak47 and White widow

Nice babies!!!!!
:pass:

I was starting to worry a little bit when you didn't answer :rofl:

Hi forum, my first ever grow, 2 auto's, both from royal queen seeds, royal AK and white widow.
4 23w 6500k cfl's over each plant about 2-3 inches away (will switch to equivalent lights, but 2700k at around week 6 and will keep 2-3 6500k's as well), each growing in 9L of organic pro-mix vegetable&herb mix, 3L of perlite, 2L of worm castings. Soil has lime added and consists of mainly Canadian sphagnum peat moss.
Seeds sprouted sunday may 15 after roughly 30 hours in soil (planted with 1 inch taproot after germinating in a cup of water for 2 days).
I watered the 4 gallon container with a half a cup of water each around sprout as the soil was damp when I planted a few days prior. Temps were high for the 1st week and low humidity so I watered a few shot glasses worth each on day 3 as top of soil was completely dry! Gave first real watering on sat may 21 (600ml+ each until slight runoff). Sprayed with a half a teaspoon/gal Epsom salt foliar today.
I'll post pics of each, and temps do vary as its been unseasonably hot and now humid for a few days now. Last week was hot and dry. mid 80's and close to hundred with humidex the past few days.
Was wondering if a feeding will be due with next watering..perhaps in 2-3 days?..soil feels slightly damp 2-3 inches down by edge of container. For feeding..based on availability, I will be using either an MG liquid concentrate that's 12-4-2, or Plant-prod 30-10-10 at quarter strength for veg. Not sure if I should even add anything or wait for flowering. It's growing quite fast the past few days! Any suggestions?
Btw..as u see from the setup pic, the lights aren't positioned exactly the same..as two stores had no y splitters left lol..so I had to do it a different way with the one on the left, but it seems to be better than the one on the right!..I switched positions of plants on day 13 for second time since sprout. Will be getting another socket adapter shortly to change the one on the right.
Also..the nodes are stacked on each other..Ak is just over 3 inches tall and the other maybe 3 at best..i see shoots growing between the stems already and because nodes are so close..not much light can actually get in there. Will the nodes separate, should I be trying to lst already?
what size pots did you use ?

what size pots did you use ?
For the 2 auto's and the 4 auto's going now..the bucket says 15L, 4 U.S. Gallons. The regular seed was in a 16 litre 4.5 gallon. The roots were much bigger on the auto's!

For the 2 auto's and the 4 auto's going now..the bucket says 15L, 4 U.S. Gallons. The regular seed was in a 16 litre 4.5 gallon. The roots were much bigger on the auto's!
I wonder why they were so much bigger. Any ideas?

Nice babies!!!!!

I was starting to worry a little bit when you didn't answer :rofl:
It hasn't killed me...still have the strength to pack another bong lol:) Looks like the potency caught up this past week more than last week. It actually turned out to be quite decent quality..high wise..yes texture is a bit dry as a result of the big colas getting hit by bud rot a bit and having to leave them out to dry more..and nuking the big colas released quite a bit of moisture in 25 seconds. Here are the 4 now..compared to the last 2 auto's..they seem to be a touch behind..especially the bubble gum..was slow to sprout and lagging behind. Money maker was planted in pure coco and then transplanted 2-3 days later..its doing the best and its still in the same soil as the last 2 grows have been in...bubble gum is in new soil. Also added 6 more 6500K bulbs and removed 4 2700K's. So 14 6500K bulbs and 2 2700's now.

Attachments

• Bubble Gum End week 2.jpg
    Bubble Gum End week 2.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 69
  • Easy Bud  End week 2.jpg
    Easy Bud End week 2.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Money Maker End week 2.jpg
    Money Maker End week 2.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Northern  End week 2.jpg
    Northern End week 2.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 78
I wonder why they were so much bigger. Any ideas?
Not sure...I mean the regular plant was naturally bigger and produced about twice as much compared to the 2 auto's..but the roots were smaller, they never made it to the bottom of the container..not close. When I first planted the regular into the big one..i watered it thoroughly..so I actually didn't water it for 3-4 weeks after planting in it. I sometimes waited for a slight 'wilt' before watering to make sure it was dry as can be. The auto's were done early..60 days and roots were wrapping around container. Last pic are the roots from the regular seed. They weren't visible at all when I took the soil out of the container. The only difference I guess was that the regular was transplanted 3 times and auto's weren't.

Attachments

• AK roots.jpg
    AK roots.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 66
  • AK soil..jpg
    AK soil..jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 63
  • WW Roots.jpg
    WW Roots.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 68
  • WW soil..jpg
    WW soil..jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Roots.jpg
    Roots.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 86
Im going to chop off some of the leaves off of the northern today. Only one of them is growing nicely, the moneymaker..easy bud as expected will be smaller and bubble gum isn't looking great either. I was going to toss the northern yesterday on watering day as its too much trouble watering 4 and the plant is hugging the dirt..im only going to have one flower visible on it..so will be chopping off most growth on it later today. After my last regular grow..auto's have become a huge disappointment in how they grow in comparison! lol.

Attachments

• Photo0450.jpg
    Photo0450.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 79
On that note about regular seeds..i have the final tally on my last grow of the single, non auto flower I did..and its 3 ounces, give or take 5 grams. Used 14, 23 watt cfl's, vegged 45 days and flowered for 10 weeks. Didn't think it was that much, but the buds were very compact! Will be sticking with regular's once the 4 auto's are done. I still have 3 auto's left that are supposedly great quality..we'll see how that goes. Once spring hits..its only regulars afterwards. I cant imagine what I'd get with an hps light if I got that with just cfl's!:)

Attachments

• End of week 10.jpg
    End of week 10.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 112
Iwill put a close to this long thread lol. I'll start a new journal with these 4 auto's. The lone regular I did will remain 'hidden' in this thread. Im quite impressed with the yield of that one with the lights! Total of 22-23000 lumens reflected just from the sides..nothing above to reflect the light down which means I likely lost at least 25% of output from the cfl'sbut likely more. With a 600 watt hps I would have had 90000 lumens! The output would have been at least twice as much from the plant! Using only gh flora micro and bloom starting at flowering with Epsom salt and molasses. Watered just once in the first month of veg. Maybe with superthrive at the start and another 'fancy' additive in flowering, I think I can get 6-8 ounces off one regular with a 600 hps:)
So my thought for the spring is to try 4 regular's under a 600 watter with these cfl's as side lighting. If I can average the 4 ounces per plant..that's a pound in 4 months..or veg longer and maybe get an extra couple ounces if I veg a couple weeks longer than 6 weeks. I can take 4 clones from the best one(s) and have it go perpetual.
My overall thought on these first 2 grows is that auto's, while twice as fast to grow out...don't produce the same way, more finicky to grow, electricity is pretty much the same as these go for 20/4 and regulars spend more than half their life in 12/12. I figure the extra 2 months is well worth the wait with regulars, I wanted something quick to start and now again..didn't want to wait through the winter for a regular and having to buy in the meantime, so I did the auto's again. Thanks for tagging along..i'll start another journal for these 4 and the next 3 i'll do after. Those will be 2 king tut's (apparently 24% thc?) and a cash crop. Then it's upping the game in april to a better light and better output/watt! The results of this regular gave me my confidence:) I'll see you there eyeoftheworld :)

Iwill put a close to this long thread lol. I'll start a new journal with these 4 auto's. The lone regular I did will remain 'hidden' in this thread. Im quite impressed with the yield of that one with the lights! Total of 22-23000 lumens reflected just from the sides..nothing above to reflect the light down which means I likely lost at least 25% of output from the cfl'sbut likely more. With a 600 watt hps I would have had 90000 lumens! The output would have been at least twice as much from the plant! Using only gh flora micro and bloom starting at flowering with Epsom salt and molasses. Watered just once in the first month of veg. Maybe with superthrive at the start and another 'fancy' additive in flowering, I think I can get 6-8 ounces off one regular with a 600 hps:)
So my thought for the spring is to try 4 regular's under a 600 watter with these cfl's as side lighting. If I can average the 4 ounces per plant..that's a pound in 4 months..or veg longer and maybe get an extra couple ounces if I veg a couple weeks longer than 6 weeks. I can take 4 clones from the best one(s) and have it go perpetual.
My overall thought on these first 2 grows is that auto's, while twice as fast to grow out...don't produce the same way, more finicky to grow, electricity is pretty much the same as these go for 20/4 and regulars spend more than half their life in 12/12. I figure the extra 2 months is well worth the wait with regulars, I wanted something quick to start and now again..didn't want to wait through the winter for a regular and having to buy in the meantime, so I did the auto's again. Thanks for tagging along..i'll start another journal for these 4 and the next 3 i'll do after. Those will be 2 king tut's (apparently 24% thc?) and a cash crop. Then it's upping the game in april to a better light and better output/watt! The results of this regular gave me my confidence:) I'll see you there eyeoftheworld :)
:bighug:

Back