Dinafem Duckster does DinaFem

Ok so my toy has arrived. A little disappointed that there was no documentation or manual.

The Amare SolarPro300 running supplemental LEDs and COBs
View attachment 635582

My old light in veg mode raises the cab temp to 91F. Running the new light with supplemental LEDs only the cab temps are about 86F (about the same as the old light running only the bloom). Running the COBs only runs the cab temp up 94F. Not sure what to run and when on this light. @Wile e Peyote, @dcat0921, @AMARE-TECH-Vic, or anyone else care to chime in?

Woo.... @Duckster! -- your grow room is so super neat and tidy, love it!

Ok so have been using the new light for 1 week and the girls have had a bit of a growth spurt. Was it caused by the new light or just the normal stretch? I'm thinking probably a bit of both. I have had to cycle the light between mono only, cob only, and both, to help control the heat. It has run on mono only more than anything but there has been some nice growth just the same. The Moby Dick went from 2" tall and 7" across to 8" tall and 14" across. The WWXXL went from 6" tall and 11" across to 16" tall and 20" across. I have raised the light as high as I can get it with the yo-yos. Even hitting temps as high as 99F, the girls are looking good IMO

The Moby Dick at 26 days.
View attachment 639223 View attachment 639224

The WWXXL at 30 days.
View attachment 639225 View attachment 639226

A group shot.
View attachment 639222

Ta for now. Many thanks for stopping by and taking an interest.

The shape of the Moby Dick is interesting, so short and dense with crazy lateral growth.
Not to say that the White Widow isn't showing tremendous branching, either.

Good work with the new toy!

:love:

Woo.... @Duckster! -- your grow room is so super neat and tidy, love it!

Ya think? Guess that's one of the benefits of a prefabbed cabinet. The thing has it's own electrical grid, intake and exhaust/carbon filter systems built in. Nice and orderly - a major conflict with the rest of my office. lolol.

The shape of the Moby Dick is interesting, so short and dense with crazy lateral growth.
Not to say that the White Widow isn't showing tremendous branching, either.

Good work with the new toy!

:love:

Many thanks for the kind words and like bomb. Yeah the Moby Dick has looked a little freakish from the beginning. Wouldn't be the first time that one of my girls turned into a little cabbage ball of buds. Had a Deep Blue C that was only 8" tall but almost all bud. Got almost 2oz off of her. My girls don't have to be pretty - I takes what I can get lol

Not a good year for TS in your area. Is it like this every year? We've been lucky in that regard for the last few years.:pass:

Had a Deep Blue C that was only 8" tall but almost all bud. Got almost 2oz off of her. My girls don't have to be pretty - I takes what I can get lol

WTF?!?! 2 oz off a 8" bud?

Not a good year for TS in your area. Is it like this every year? We've been lucky in that regard for the last few years.:pass:

Well, they're common here every year. It's the season.
Best grow time for an auto crop, I think, would be about (April) May June (July).
May and June as the core time, and could start in April and definitely go into July, depending on total time.

Jaysus @Spanglish - Thanks for the massive like bomb mate.

My pleasure pal, with the usual witty humour and a couple of successful beans in the dirt, there is plenty to like here. Best of luck pal, you know i am subbed in and rooting for ya and look forward to seeing what you seasoned hands can deliver. :pass::bighug:

A bit of a cool spell the last few days. I have been able to run the monos and cobs and keep the temp down to 90-91. The light is all the way up, but by adding more light hooks that are better placed for this light, I can go up another 5". Probably going to need it because the WWXXL is now in the stretch mode - 2" in the last 24hrs. She's already starting to smell nice. Hoping she will give the carbon filters a workout as I love the stinky girls lmao. Spotted a few pistols this morning. She will probably get a good flush by the weeks' end and a switch to lite bloom feed.

Last edited:
A guy stands over his tee shot for what seems an eternity: looking up, looking down, measuring the distance, figuring the wind direction and speed. Finally his exasperated partner says, "What's taking so long? Hit the damn ball!"

The guy answers, "My wife is up there watching me from the clubhouse. I want to make this a perfect shot."

"Forget it, man," says his partner. "You'll never hit her from here."

I hate 'The Bachelor,' 'The Bachelor' and 'The Bachelorette.' You know why? 'Cause all them women don't represent. All them women are cute, prissy, soft-spoke, little prissy girls. I can't stand it. Women like that can get married anyway, that's no challenge. I want to see a show with loud, outspoken, bossy bitches. Women who are stalkers. Women who be following a man home, throwing a brick in his windshield. That's my new show. Call it, 'Who Wants to Marry This Bitch?'

As a couple gets into bed, the husband starts to rub and kiss his wife.

She turns over and says, "I'm sorry, honey. I've got a gynecologist appointment tomorrow, and I want to stay fresh."

The husband sadly turns over. A few minutes later, he rolls back over and taps his wife. He asks, "Do you have a dentist appointment, too?"

Back