Indoor Dr. Babniks Botanical Garden - My AFN News Journal

o it does doc! SD is in my top 3 Fastbuds strains! im doing a chemdogging by mephisto and its looking nice
If Chemdogging is at the same level as AvT and TA, it's another Winner.
I wanted to purchase seeds for a photo Chemdawg, but my friend said No, don't buy. His friend is doing a big grow and form there I will get a clone from a good fem.

There are so much to grow...I also need cookies. I'm out of my AutoColorado Cookies so need to grow my FB GSC seeds.

I will do the photo Chem as soon as possible.
Atomic clones has like 9 weeks left of flower and my GDP Bay Lotus has like 2 weeks left. Then there is closed for the summer.

I still consider to keep 2 Alien in the capillary box indoors over the summer.

As for defoliation, sometimes the plants need it, sometimes they dont. In some cases we noticed that certain plants can develop more foliage if the feeding will be altered.
General rule is to find the proper timing for defoliation treatments, if you do it in the wrong moment, the plants will not be able to recover properly and loose precious time that would be spent on flower development.

Our experiments have shown positive results when removing leaves and initial popcorn budsites around 7th day of flowering.
Another possible moment for defoliation would be around week 3 of flowering (day 18-23), before the buds start to swell and produce bigger amounts of resin.
Removing leaves later or causes the plant to stress too much, they do not have enough time and proper feeding to grow the leaves back what results in lowered yields.

For example:
- Remove only what you are 100% you need to remove. Once its off, you cant put it back.
- Remove fan leaves from dense areas in the middle of the canopy to avoid mold development and better aeration.
- If they cant be bend/tucked in - Remove fan leaves covering other budsites
-* optional - remove smallest initial flowers from the bottom 20%-30% of the plant within first 3 weeks of flowering. They will not develop into big buds anyway and this energy can be redirected somewhere else.

:pass:

In general your plant looks happy after the defoliation. The penetration is significantly improved so it should help it to develop some chunky buds all over the canopy...

:d5:

I did all of that what you saying but in 9th week of life, my girls were just to bushy and all buds under the canopy level were pretty immature, soft and lanky coz very little light manage to came thru before.. I will follow their reaction closely,..I did that last night...

I did all of that what you saying but in 9th week of life, my girls were just to bushy and all buds under the canopy level were pretty immature, soft and lanky coz very little light manage to came thru before.. I will follow their reaction closely,..I did that last night...
Interesting! Tag me on the results.

I'll inspect tomorrow and see if the newly uncovered buds looks happier.

Photos

IMG_1494.JPG

@BombSeeds Atomic
IMG_1496.JPG
IMG_1493.JPG
IMG_1497.JPG

Granddaddy Purple Bay Lotus
IMG_1499.JPG
Bad leaves after spider mite attack. The mites are now erradicated. The buds taste excellent!

Last edited:
Back