Indoor Dr. Babniks Botanical Garden - My AFN News Journal

Hey doc how's things bro hope you had a lovely Xmas and santa was good to you.

Oh some new beans for the new year nice
Yep. Did you have a nice xmas weekend?
Had some good meals and useful presents.

Have to keep the cycle running! I am independent of the black marked now!
Before xmas I was in a bad mood, very disappointed about my weed. I had no effect and after a week only smoking non-effective joints, I was loosing my sanity and had to call the delivery boy to bring me hash. However, after 7 days cold xmas turkey at my mothers house, tolerance was brought way down! Now I enjoy my weed! It's fine stuff I made. Just high tolerance after being a hash smoker for 25+ yrs.

My xmas dinner - salted and cured lambs ribbs.

IMG_3069.JPG

Prior to cooking, the meat has to be soaked in water for at least 12 hrs. to remove excess salt.

The meat is cooked until tender and detaching from the bone. Traditionally, the meat is served at this stage. At this stage it tastes salty, cooked lamb.

In our family we fry the meat after cooking. The Magic takes place here. When fried, another set of aromas are released, tastes are harmonised and the resulting taste is a symphony of saltiness, cured and fried lambs meat.

Served with potatoes and mashed kohlrabi and sauce made from the stock after cooking the meat.

I brought back 2 kg. Shelflife is 1 year at room temp.
This method of conservation is commonly used in the west and north of Norway.

Looks tasty Dr.

Happe that it was not Surströmming :biggrin:

you who do not know this Swedish seafood, try YouTube this
:funny:
I have smelled it. It is rotten... in Norway we have "rakfish" which is spoiled and fermented trout, most commonly rainbow trout.

You try this, if you have balls....

...I don't....it would be impossible for me to taste either version. The tofu in the glass is interesting. Want some?

I have smelled it. It is rotten... in Norway we have "rakfish" which is spoiled and fermented trout, most commonly rainbow trout.

You try this, if you have balls....

...I don't....it would be impossible for me to taste either version. The tofu in the glass is interesting. Want some?

No thanks ;)
But there's no puke from him, so I do not think it is close to Surströmming :smoking:

No thanks ;)
But there's no puke from him, so I do not think it is close to Surströmming :smoking:

Well...that could be me tasting the cheese Her Ladyship eats...xtra long curing time. I have tried to learn to like cheese, but if it tasts cheesy...I cannot swallow. Even the standard Danish medium cured is too strong tasting for me. I buy cheeses labelled Mild or For Children, what cheese lovers would characterize more like rubber than cheese.

In general, I don't eat food that stinks. Surströmning, Old Oles Dad, tripe...to mention a few.

There is a small collection of cheeses I like:
Roquefort
Brie
Camenbert - not too mature!
Emmenthaler
Gouda
Port Salut
Edam
...and fresh cheeses from goats and sheeps milk.

Update from The Garden
Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament, @FastBuds West Coast OG, my beauty, has been on plain tap water for 10 days. I want to chop her... What's your opinion, @witchyhour, @The Elvis, @tripaholic88 and @HashMaster - chop or wait? As always insecure on "what's the right time".

IMG_1053.JPG
IMG_1054.JPG
IMG_1055.JPG
IMG_1043.JPG
IMG_1047.JPG
IMG_1050.JPG

My FastBuds
Gorilla Glue is also comming along nicely.

IMG_1056.JPG
IMG_1057.JPG
IMG_1059.JPG
IMG_1058.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1052.JPG
    IMG_1052.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 53
Always sample your girls my friend if you want to determine your best window for chop.

:pass:

Some may like them now, some may prefer taking them longer.

:doc1:

But for your grows It comes down to what you are looking for, and sampling should give you your answer

:chimp:

Update from The Garden
Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament, @FastBuds West Coast OG, my beauty, has been on plain tap water for 10 days. I want to chop her... What's your opinion, @witchyhour, @The Elvis, @tripaholic88 and @HashMaster - chop or wait? As always insecure on "what's the right time".

My FastBuds
Gorilla Glue is also comming along nicely.

Great pictures!
:pass:

I see amber trichs on both for sure. Did you sample any recently?

Back