Indoor DP Auto Night Queen & HSO Blue Dream Auto Adventure

Day 36 and 31: Time for the weekly update.

I had some contract work this week and I took my eye off the ball for a couple of days and guess what? The PH took a nose dive in the cubes all the way down to 4.4 so I had some Cal-Mag lock out. The Blue Dream in the right rear showed the most damage but they were all affected. I made the correction yesterday and they already look a little better. Hydro produces fantastic results but you must be relentless in steering it. I was supposed to make a deal with the BlueLab rep for a monitor with an alarm but that did not pan out. Perhaps I will buy one for the next run. I have some surprise USA West Coast seeds coming but I don't want to talk about them until I have them in hand. I am on Flower week 2 of the nutrient chart.

Other than the PH fiasco the girls are coming along:

Group photo:
View attachment 816466
BD, ANQ:
View attachment 816467
ANQ,:
View attachment 816469 View attachment 816470
Blueberry, BD:

View attachment 816468

Always there maybe something that gets by us. This is a very neat and clean grow. The plants look fantastic.

Always there maybe something that gets by us. This is a very neat and clean grow. The plants look fantastic.
Well they all don't look fantastic to me - dammit. Two of the HSO Blue Dreams are having all kind of deficiencies since this PH fiasco. I have been pulling off damaged leaves from both and one is in a tailspin. I am trying to coax it out of this downward spiral but I am not absolutely sure of the problem and I don't want to make too big a swing in PH and nutes at once. One of the problems on my end is that I do not know exactly what is in each of the House & Garden products. They keep that information secret. So how to up the Cal-Mag? Well I am cheating by falling back on my tried and true Dyna-Gro product Mag-Pro. But this is a dangerous foray into mixing nutrient lines; I may actually make things worse. It is also possible that the HSO BD strain is just a lot more sensitive to the PH problem? I have to say that the Zambeza Blueberry is as happy as could be?

Here is a shot of the BD with obvious Cal - Mag deficiency.
mid4.jpg

Here is the second BD with overall deficiencies:

mid3.jpg

Here is the third BD with no real problems?

mid6.jpg

And here is the Zambeza Blueberry happy as could be?

mid5.jpg

Well they all don't look fantastic to me - dammit. Two of the HSO Blue Dreams are having all kind of deficiencies since this PH fiasco. I have been pulling off damaged leaves from both and one is in a tailspin. I am trying to coax it out of this downward spiral but I am not absolutely sure of the problem and I don't want to make too big a swing in PH and nutes at once. One of the problems on my end is that I do not know exactly what is in each of the House & Garden products. They keep that information secret. So how to up the Cal-Mag? Well I am cheating by falling back on my tried and true Dyna-Gro product Mag-Pro. But this is a dangerous foray into mixing nutrient lines; I may actually make things worse. It is also possible that the HSO BD strain is just a lot more sensitive to the PH problem? I have to say that the Zambeza Blueberry is as happy as could be?

Ah the beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So true.
When we remodeled our home and sold it, why I only saw all of the "flaws" in it. Sometimes we can be too tough on ourselves.

I would say it is cal/mag. You will be able to handle it and the outcome will be very, very good. It is hard to forgive ourselves of the stupid shit we do. But I can, so it is OK. We all hope for more good than harm we do in the garden.............:dammit:

Ah the beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So true.
When we remodeled our home and sold it, why I only saw all of the "flaws" in it. Sometimes we can be too tough on ourselves.

I would say it is cal/mag. You will be able to handle it and the outcome will be very, very good. It is hard to forgive ourselves of the stupid shit we do. But I can, so it is OK. We all hope for more good than harm we do in the garden.............:dammit:
Thanks for the encouraging words but I feel like this horse for dropping the ball.:deadhorse:.

The thing that is most frustrating is that the House & Garden nutrients have so little information about which product has what. I have almost decided to go back to Dyna-gro. They tell you exactly what is in each product.

Is that BD definitely suffering from calmag def rather than P or K def mate? Just a thought from someone with limited experience.

Is that BD definitely suffering from calmag def rather than P or K def mate? Just a thought from someone with limited experience.
It was a complete lock out of all nutrients as well as PH burn as the PH in the blocks dropped below 4.4. I got real busy with some contract work and was not testing my run off. I was just giving the garden a quick glance before bed; by the time I noticed some leaf damage the run off was 4.4. I am having a hard time getting a couple of the plants to spring back. I really hate it when I do something stupid like this :wall:.

Well most of the girls look a little better today. Maybe just because I trimmed off most of the damaged leaves! The left front HSO BD still looks anemic to me. Pictures and an update tomorrow.

Back