Indoor DP Auto Night Queen & HSO Blue Dream Auto Adventure

Well I pushed the PPMs into the red zone last night at 950 PPM and one of the plants has the claw (too much nitrogen) this morning so I will be backing off to 850 PPMs from now on. As I have stated before you do not know what your plants will take until you exceed that number. One of the great things about hydro is how fast you can fix a problem like this. I can drop the PPMs in 5 minutes. This plant is supposed to be a DP Auto Night Queen but it looks totally different than the Girl I have in the battle.

The CLAW:
claw.jpg

The girl in the battle Look how different much more indica type she is. The top one is more sativa type.

warrior2.jpg

How long do you wait until you start ScrOG-ing them? Or do you wait for a certain height, node level?

If you think of SCROG as LST which it is; then whenever you want to start training is the time. The plant needs to be tall/long enough to be held down by the webbing. I have a problem reaching the back plants (arms too short) so I wait until I have enough space/height to reach under the net to get my head and shoulder in a little bit. That is about 8 to 10 inches for me in my set up. That way I can defoliate when the time comes. I wait longer than most to take those big fan leaves until they are well shaded and no longer serve a purpose. I have seen successful SCROG at just 4 inches above the pots. So I guess it is a grower's choice and really does not answer the question. Am I talking in circles already this morning? I don't think there is a single answer to that question:kitty:.

Day 29 and 24: Time for the weekly update.

Well I really screwed up yesterday when I changed the reservoir to week 1 Flower, I left the watering pump on all day. We had company so I did not check on the garden until I was on my way to bed. I knew something was wrong when I noticed that the top off tank was empty. Then I looked in the garden and the reservoir was empty and the circulating pump and watering pumps were whirring away! The plants looked the best they have in days. They really seemed to like the extended fertigation then flush. 6 gallons of fresh mixed nutrients and about 10 gallons of water went through the Hugos and out to drain. My indoor garden drains to my outdoor flower and peach tree garden. The nutrients were not wasted but kind of expensive for where they went. I had to refill both the top off and reservoir, PH and mix the nutrients before I could go to bed.

The girls all look well today. The branches and stems on the ANQ are the strongest of any cannabis plant I have ever grown. I am certain they could hold up one pound colas with no problem. Of course that would not work without supporting the Hugos, they simply do not weigh enough. The Blueberry is catching up to the others and the preflowers are looking good.

I am on Flower Week 1 of the nutrient chart.

Group Photo:
fw1a.jpg

BD front, ANQ rear:
fw1b.jpg

ANQ front, BD rear:
fw1c.jpg

fw1f.jpg
fw1e.jpg

Blueberry front, BD rear:
fw1d.jpg

View of the ANQ Stems:
fw1g.jpg

I turned off the CO2 last night so I can start lowering the temperature to simulate the arrival of "Fall". I want to put some urgency in the buds to make them grow bigger hoping to get fertilized to propagate the species. :woohoo:

Im new to this. But are u using co2 to get a faster veg? How come not using co2 in flower? A question from a noob, yet informative :pop:
Yes CO2 will enhance growth under the right conditions: about 1400 PPM CO2, 1000 PPFD+, 90°F to 94° daytime temperature and of course plenty of nutes. I want to color up my buds and those high temperatures won't do that. Also it is somewhat controversial about the efficacy of added CO2 during bloom.

I do a lot of experimenting and this is just some of that.

Day 36 and 31: Time for the weekly update.

I had some contract work this week and I took my eye off the ball for a couple of days and guess what? The PH took a nose dive in the cubes all the way down to 4.4 so I had some Cal-Mag lock out. The Blue Dream in the right rear showed the most damage but they were all affected. I made the correction yesterday and they already look a little better. Hydro produces fantastic results but you must be relentless in steering it. I was supposed to make a deal with the BlueLab rep for a monitor with an alarm but that did not pan out. Perhaps I will buy one for the next run. I have some surprise USA West Coast seeds coming but I don't want to talk about them until I have them in hand. I am on Flower week 2 of the nutrient chart.

Other than the PH fiasco the girls are coming along:

Group photo:
w5a.jpg

BD, ANQ:
w5b.jpg

ANQ,:
w5d.jpg
w5e.jpg

Blueberry, BD:

w5c.jpg

Back