Indoor DP Auto Night Queen & HSO Blue Dream Auto Adventure

Looks like a good harvest. All those buds hanging there looks awesome. :cheers:
If hang-dry them as you do, is it easy to trim them after a few days? Also, does the buds look better when they are dry?

Looks like a good harvest. All those buds hanging there looks awesome. :cheers:
If hang-dry them as you do, is it easy to trim them after a few days? Also, does the buds look better when they are dry?
Thanks Rambo.

Is there some other way to dry them? I am not sure what you mean by looking better when dry?

Well, I dry in paperbags straight from cut, doing a wet-trim. Starting to think I might hang them instead. Brown paper bag drying vs hang drying. Feels like hanging them don't destroy their structure or the trichomes.

Well, I dry in paperbags straight from cut, doing a wet-trim. Starting to think I might hang them instead. Brown paper bag drying vs hang drying. Feels like hanging them don't destroy their structure or the trichomes.
I hate to touch the trichomes, so I only hang them. I leave a little stem so I can handle each bug. Then I put them in a glass cake pan with a plastic lid. I line the glass with wax paper. I'll drop in a 62% RH packet. I am freaky about handling the buds.

I hate to touch the trichomes, so I only hang them. I leave a little stem so I can handle each bug. Then I put them in a glass cake pan with a plastic lid. I line the glass with wax paper. I'll drop in a 62% RH packet. I am freaky about handling the buds.
Yeah, I try to handle them as little as possible. I am trying something I have not done before. I am hanging an entire plant. The ANQ from the contest was compact and it just seemed to lend itself to this type of drying. There is plenty of airflow around the colas so I will see how it goes. I am watching it close for any signs of trouble.

I find open air hung bud loses a lot of smell versus bagged buds.

I got the ANQ trimmed for cure she came in at 198 g. dry. The Blueberry is 130 g. I hope to get the Blue Dream trimmed up tomorrow.

I got the rest of the harvest trimmed up and curing. The Blue Dream came in at a respectable 428 g. and the failed ANQ is 100 g. That gives me a total for the grow at 856 g./ 30.2 ounces or 1.31 g/watt since I ran the lights at 650 watts. That also equates to about 570 grams per square meter of space they covered. After the cure I will give a smoke report and sum up the grow.

This is the failed plant, in all fairness it has a great smell and some pretty good frost it just has really airy buds. I will make rosin or oil out of it.

f1.jpg

Nice, nice report. Remember a baseball player who fails 60% of the time at bat will be in the hall of fame. Nice nice harvest. Thanks for posting the great news. :)

Back