Not even that. Just use water that's been sitting in a bucket for a few days to let some of the bad stuff evaporate off...

Gads. Don't you feel even the slightest hint of guilt for possibly doing the laziest grow in recorded history? :crying:

Oh, and before I forget, would you possibly be so kind as to run a picture of those bio-tabs in their packaging, just in case anybody else wants to do a lazy grow too?

No measuring nutes and no ph-ing...
:bighug:

Gads. Don't you feel even the slightest hint of guilt for possibly doing the laziest grow in recorded history? :crying:

Oh, and before I forget, would you possibly be so kind as to run a picture of those bio-tabs in their packaging, just in case anybody else wants to do a lazy grow too?

No measuring nutes and no ph-ing...
:bighug:
Yep I'll get a picture of the box tonight.
I'm running 3 different water only soil tests to see which works best for me...

What is this guilt of which you speak? lol

I love lazy...however if I notice any issues I'll jump on them for sure.

Here's the box...it's has about 3-4 different things you mix into the soil and then one thing you water with at about 5 weeks...
Image1466467746.970045.jpg

We've been using biotabs exclusively at the farm for more than a year now, it definitely makes our lives easier.
We don't bother with the other products, just the tabs.
It would be useful to run a test of the tabs alone vs. combining the other products too.

We have come to know the biotabs guys and girls personally over the last few months.. It's a small family run enterprise and they really care about their products. Super nice folks.

Until we can get gbd's super soil amendment mix over here, it's basically a no brainer to use them. It's a massive massive time saver for us, having multiple rooms, multiple strains on multiple schedules, just to add plain water versus having to mix up individual barrels of nutrients to feed. We used to have to either watering can from the barrel or set up a pump inside the barrel to feed. Now it's just plain well water out of a hose throughout the grow, and let the plants take what they need themselves.

Really interested to see how your results come out.

Thanks dcat. Being stateside, I checked Ebay to see if I couldn't find BioTabs in the USA. In case anyone would like to try it, I found only one vendor that had it for sale.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BioTabs-Gro...411641?hash=item1a1447fc39:g:IP4AAOxy8e9SVb~O

Looks like an interesting organic nute program and evidently it works in coco too. I'm gonna keep this one in mind...
I bought the kit right from their website. No issues at all. Delivered fairly quickly considering it came overseas. Has directions for soil and coco and something else too I believe.
I am going to start using the biotabs themselves in all my grows since I picked up a few extra packs of those too.
The plants seem to love the system so far so hopefully this keeps up.

We've been using biotabs exclusively at the farm for more than a year now, it definitely makes our lives easier.
We don't bother with the other products, just the tabs.
It would be useful to run a test of the tabs alone vs. combining the other products too.

We have come to know the biotabs guys and girls personally over the last few months.. It's a small family run enterprise and they really care about their products. Super nice folks.

Until we can get gbd's super soil amendment mix over here, it's basically a no brainer to use them. It's a massive massive time saver for us, having multiple rooms, multiple strains on multiple schedules, just to add plain water versus having to mix up individual barrels of nutrients to feed. We used to have to either watering can from the barrel or set up a pump inside the barrel to feed. Now it's just plain well water out of a hose throughout the grow, and let the plants take what they need themselves.

Really interested to see how your results come out.
I'll keep updating that grow in this journal for you guys @mephisto so it's easier to find.
Seems to be a good system so far so I'm hoping for good results.
Question for you - how many tabs do you use for say a 2 or 3 gallon pot? I think I used 1 1/2...basically put 3 halves around the pot.

Oh Coolness. I found the web site. A person can just buy the tabs without buying the entire kit.

http://biotabs.nl/fertilisers.html

Hey, if the tabs are good enough for Mephisto, then they must be okay! Seems like this is something that maybe Mephisto should carry on their own web site. I bet they'd sell the heck out of them.

For instance, I'd probably much rather buy the bio-tabs than the super soil because I'd like to try them in Coco and besides, I think it's questionable to ship organic soil from Europe to America.

Last edited:
Oh Coolness. I found the web site. A person can just buy the tabs without buying the entire kit.

Hey, if the tabs are good enough for Mephisto, then they must be okay!
That was my thinking too. I originally just bought some tabs but ended up buying the whole kit as well just to try it out.

I'll keep updating that grow in this journal for you guys @mephisto so it's easier to find.
Seems to be a good system so far so I'm hoping for good results.
Question for you - how many tabs do you use for say a 2 or 3 gallon pot? I think I used 1 1/2...basically put 3 halves around the pot.

Hi so basically for a pot size 10 - 15 liters I drop two in, 15-20 liters I'd put three in, and that's the maximum size we use,

Bare in mind this is from transplant where the plants are already a couple of weeks old, and the soil we use is lightly amended re-cycled lightmix.

this seems to last them for the next 8 weeks just fine.

I would also say it comes down also to how much 'work' your plants are doing.

Whereas ours are typically 9 or 10 plants per 400-600 w hps they are probably metabolizing and feeding at a lighter rate than less plants would be per this area.

I've also used a single biotab in a pot to 'save' a group of plants that were hungry in mid flower after they'd be living in only our amended soil with water only feeds.

So there's an essence of plug n play ease to them, but with anything growing related there's still an element of trial and error to get completely dialed in.

I've also done (when we were short on tabs) one tab at transplant and one tab after pollination +/- 3-4 weeks later

We've currently got our supernatural og and 3 bog which we've been growing in 15 liter pots since sprout with 2 tabs/pot and so far, about 6 weeks in, they're all looking great.

Hey, if the tabs are good enough for Mephisto, then they must be okay! Seems like this is something that maybe Mephisto should carry on their own web site. I bet they'd sell the heck out of them.

For instance, I'd probably much rather buy the bio-tabs than the super soil because I'd like to try them in Coco and besides, I think it's questionable to ship organic soil from Europe to America.

With current estimates and the farm in full swing we're probably running through 2000+ tabs a year, I don't endorse things lightly and for us these are a great solution.

Spanish customs are notoriously (we've learnt) a pain in the ass for receiving anything from the states, we tried a few times to get the supersoil amendment mix across, whilst gbd was here with no luck,

I think you're correct in saying it's difficult to get products like this with multiple organic ingredients across.
I know this is true the opposite way, when speaking with biotabs they said they have a huge demand for their product in South America however it's impossible to get through customs, apparently they require a full analysis to let it in, but the labs they have there aren't capable to conduct the tests.. So essentially it means they'll have to set up production over there to fulfil that market.

Cheers

Back