Who says LED can't match HPS?

The AMARE SE 450 produced 11.43 % more medicine but used 28.55 % less power!
This is based strictly on calculating on the power (wattage) consumption of the light. In actuality the HPS system requires more wattage to run when you factor in the ventilation fan to keep the light (grow area) cool.

LED View attachment 608147 View attachment 608143 View attachment 608142 View attachment 608140 HPS View attachment 608148 View attachment 608144 View attachment 608145 View attachment 608146

KEEP IT GREEN!
Thanks for the side by side :slap:

Mine just cleared customs an hour ago! @AMARE-TECH-Vic TY! Can't wait to start growing with Amare. I've consumed everything that google can find on these lights, I'm 100% convinced you cant go wrong growing under their works of art. Not that it matters to the plants but I think they look pretty sweet compared to many others.

Who says LED can't match HPS?

The AMARE SE 450 produced 11.43 % more medicine but used 28.55 % less power!
This is based strictly on calculating on the power (wattage) consumption of the light. In actuality the HPS system requires more wattage to run when you factor in the ventilation fan to keep the light (grow area) cool.

LED View attachment 608147 View attachment 608143 View attachment 608142 View attachment 608140 HPS View attachment 608148 View attachment 608144 View attachment 608145 View attachment 608146

KEEP IT GREEN!

Congrats on another great grow sir! Thanks for sharing the numbers. Beside the dramatic heat reduction, no more fire-ball HID bulb to worry about when you're not home.

Thanks for the side by side :slap:

Mine just cleared customs an hour ago! @AMARE-TECH-Vic TY! Can't wait to start growing with Amare. I've consumed everything that google can find on these lights, I'm 100% convinced you cant go wrong growing under their works of art. Not that it matters to the plants but I think they look pretty sweet compared to many others.

Great, looking forward to a great grow sir!

Hey AMARE family! Just wanted to see how all the grows have been doing with these GREAT lights.

Here is one for ya ... AMARE grown!

GR18 HVST 3.JPG

AMARE!!! Just thought I would post a pic of a side by side grow using a SE-450 (sans lenses) vs a 1k (Hortilux Enhanced Spectrum) running at 600 w. These are clones from the same mother using the same nutrients and feeding schedule in separate tents. Running the HPS at night to combat the heat.

LED View attachment 602116 HPS View attachment 602115 Sample LED on left View attachment 602118 Who says LED can't grow big cola's... View attachment 602117

Were your temps getting up there with the HPS?

Yes, I always had issues with temps in my tent when running HPS. It can be fixed with ventilation and AC but that really pushes up the cost. I once left on a weekend trip with the HPS going and had a timer fail on my ventilation fan... When I get back the tent was so hot I basically cooked the plants. That is one of the main reasons I switched to LED. Right now I am running two tents one 4 x 4 and one 5 x 5 and use a window AC unit and vent back into the room. It is very easy to maintain the temps in the low eighties. Now that it is cooling off at night the AC just switches to fan mode. I also can vent out of the room if need be.

Back