Yes, I always had issues with temps in my tent when running HPS. It can be fixed with ventilation and AC but that really pushes up the cost. I once left on a weekend trip with the HPS going and had a timer fail on my ventilation fan... When I get back the tent was so hot I basically cooked the plants. That is one of the main reasons I switched to LED. Right now I am running two tents one 4 x 4 and one 5 x 5 and use a window AC unit and vent back into the room. It is very easy to maintain the temps in the low eighties. Now that it is cooling off at night the AC just switches to fan mode. I also can vent out of the room if need be.

Gotcha, just out of sheer intellectual curiosity what were your temps in the HPS tent on the side by side grow in the pics?

Well I checked my journal and I did not record the temps.... I ran the HPS system at night to take advantage of the cooler night temperatures. I ran the light attached to the carbon filter and vented out of the room using a 450 cfm fan. I only used a 6 inch duct fan and vented that in the room in the LED tent. It ran during the day. I am saying the temps in the HPS tent were pretty consistent between both tents. The LED tent was much easier to keep cool. I did do a temp test on the SE-220 and after one hour in the 4 x 4 tent completely closed up this is what I got.

IMG_1370.JPG IMG_1371.JPG

IS AMARE STILL IN BUSINESS?

3 prior Emails regarding a backordered light (SS150CR) were sent to sales@amaretechnologies.com on Sept. 4 and 13, Oct. 13, and one was sent to info@amaretechnologies.com today, with no replies. Their Web site has no phone number or even physical address. Their sponsored section here on AFN has been closed. And my backordered unit was originally projected to be sent in a matter of weeks, but it's now 1-1/2 months. What's up with the company?

Anyone have a way to contact the company, e.g., a phone number?

Hi BLL,

That is the first I have heard of anything like this happening. I know that the website was under construction for an upgrade.I just saw their Ad so I don't understand how their AFN membership
would be closed. Please send me a PM..

Last edited:

3 prior Emails regarding a backordered light (SS150CR) were sent to sales@amaretechnologies.com on Sept. 4 and 13, Oct. 13, and one was sent to info@amaretechnologies.com today, with no replies. Their Web site has no phone number or even physical address. Their sponsored section here on AFN has been closed. And my backordered unit was originally projected to be sent in a matter of weeks, but it's now 1-1/2 months. What's up with the company?

We apologize for the inconvenience as we are in the process of expanding to better serve the community, including a new site, location and additional staff members. Due to hacks, we are still having issues of some of our emails not being delivered from our info@amaretechnologies.com. Please contact me direct at victor@amaretechnology.com.

AMARE Technology
25125 Santa Clara St # E141
Hayward, CA 94544
510-986-4464
info@amaretechnology.com
victor@amaretechnology.com

Here you go BLL:

AMARE Technology
25125 Santa Clara St # E141
Hayward, CA 94544
510-986-4464
info@amaretechnology.com
victor@amaretechnology.com

I have heard back from Amare, and all is fine. As noted, hackers have been disrupting their Email; my backordered unit is essentially on its way; and we now have some alternative ways to communicate with the company.

Can't wait to go indoors, hopefully I'll have the cash to grab one of these in the fall. Sooner if I can. Lights are nice.

Can't wait to go indoors, hopefully I'll have the cash to grab one of these in the fall. Sooner if I can. Lights are nice.
Hi Johnp540,

I have been using them since they came out. I have over 13 grows with them. Victor is always on the leading edge of technology. Yet he stays true to the K.I.S.S. principle. Hope you join the family.

Back