Nutrients CannabisMingus' Grow Dots - Coco - Autopot experiment

I'm a few weeks in my grow and it look days old. Too much Nitrogen for sure. I'm thinking a top layer of lighter mix soil with no dots might help this problem if anyone else tries em again. Or fill around a 30 ounce cup and then fill the cup hole with a light mix soil so the dots don't burn young plants. I didnt have this problem my first run.
This might be cultivar specific as my 3bog took off and had no issues till day 30 running at 25g/gal.

Oddly enough my 20g/gal Ogreberry is on day 33 and showing no problems at all yet so fingers crossed

My first run I used the original first version of the dots. They re did the formula and my 2nd run with only one plant using the newer formula is messed up also. Stunted and looks weird. My living soil plants are smoking this grow dots plant. I'm about to pull it I think and re do that strain in living soil. My first run with the dots I had zero issues. This run is shit with em. I think whatever they did when they re made the dots I think they said to add more calcium. But whatever they did to it ain't the same as the first grow dots I used.
I have no idea what version of the Dots I have, they were purchased about a year ago.

Believe so. Next up: Galaxy Brain at 12g/G
Best of luck man, going to be growing one myself here soon as well. Looks amazing.

Kind of surprised with my ogreberry so far, by this time the 3bog was showing noticeable deficiencies and this one is great. Could be speaking too soon though.

I had the same problem during veg, seemed like too much N. The plant was super green until flowering kicked in, then it swung the other way and started to fade 1-2 weeks into flowering. In spite of their claims about the grow dots I don’t think they are very well formulated for autos. The conditions for their success also seem to be very specific, which also runs counter to the manufacturer’s claims about ease of use.

I also really wanted to like them, but I am just not sold yet.
The one I have in flower with grow dots still dark green most the plant. The bottom leaves are starting to die off. Not sure whats going with it but. I dont feel like I have control and I dont like that. I was hopefully that they be the shit just water but sometimes thing are to good to be true. For autos anyway. Probably dank for photos.

I’ve got a Blackstrap Auto going for the Real Growers Challenge. I also use Autopots but I’m a little leery of turning them on bc of this, so I’ve been hand watering. I know Scotty says the Dots are released by temp but I have a feeling the constant wicking of the AP’s may break down the Dots a lot faster. I could 1000% be wrong but…my girl is kicking ass in week 4. Started with what looked like a little N tox but grew out of it quickly. 70/30 coco/perlite, used Recharge once a week the first 2 and then stopped when I suspected the N tox and she turned right around. Nothing but RO since then. I’ve got her LST’ed and pinned down pretty hard in this pic but she’s looking good so far.
D30DFA1B-B4D7-4A80-8492-E6BDFC545654.jpeg

I pulled the auto I had planted in grow dots and planted a random seed that I found on my grow light just to see what wud happen. It's gotta be a seed I created in the past just not sure what strain. Lol... It popped and is growing better than the first auto I planted in it. I think the first auto plant I started was a funky mutant cuz the second plant is growing fine in that pot. Weird

Back