Nutrients CannabisMingus' Grow Dots - Coco - Autopot experiment

D 41

20220727_203931.jpg
20220726_190028.jpg

I know that nobody agrees with me, but I still think the plant is slightly under fed and not the opposite. I have overfeed plenty of plants and there is usually less uniform yellowing and the burn will effect the top leaves as bad or worse than the lower leaves working in towards the sugar leaves eventually. This looks like a pretty uniform deficiency of all macro nutrients to me.

Grow dots say PK shouldn’t kick in till day 45, so if they are burning plants by day 30 the guidelines are completely useless.

I did a grow in a 10 gallon SIP with the medium 10 gram/gallon dose. The plant was showing mild macro nutrients and calcium deficiency before flowering even got started. I pulled it off the SIP and watered it with liquid nutrients at .6-1.0 EC for the rest of the grow and the plant did great after that, yielded almost a pound of very nice flowers.

I am not trying to stir the pot, just offering an alternative perspective from a recent experience. I think watering in something with a little added NPK would get her perked back up in no time, just my 2 cents, if it’s worth that.

good luck!

So far im not to sure how I feel a out the grow dots. Maybe its the strains im growing but the one was small and way to dark green almost purple same with the other one. Its not stunted but been really dark green and almost purple too. Thinking its giving them too much n. :shrug:

So far im not to sure how I feel a out the grow dots. Maybe its the strains im growing but the one was small and way to dark green almost purple same with the other one. Its not stunted but been really dark green and almost purple too. Thinking its giving them too much n. :shrug:
I had the same problem during veg, seemed like too much N. The plant was super green until flowering kicked in, then it swung the other way and started to fade 1-2 weeks into flowering. In spite of their claims about the grow dots I don’t think they are very well formulated for autos. The conditions for their success also seem to be very specific, which also runs counter to the manufacturer’s claims about ease of use.

I also really wanted to like them, but I am just not sold yet.

I know that nobody agrees with me, but I still think the plant is slightly under fed and not the opposite. I have overfeed plenty of plants and there is usually less uniform yellowing and the burn will effect the top leaves as bad or worse than the lower leaves working in towards the sugar leaves eventually. This looks like a pretty uniform deficiency of all macro nutrients to me.

Grow dots say PK shouldn’t kick in till day 45, so if they are burning plants by day 30 the guidelines are completely useless.

I did a grow in a 10 gallon SIP with the medium 10 gram/gallon dose. The plant was showing mild macro nutrients and calcium deficiency before flowering even got started. I pulled it off the SIP and watered it with liquid nutrients at .6-1.0 EC for the rest of the grow and the plant did great after that, yielded almost a pound of very nice flowers.

I am not trying to stir the pot, just offering an alternative perspective from a recent experience. I think watering in something with a little added NPK would get her perked back up in no time, just my 2 cents, if it’s worth that.

good luck!
I've had similar thoughts on it but still have yet to completely solidify what I think the cause is. Mine started showing deficiencies around day 30 so the P shouldn't have been released yet. Wonder if the 25g/gal was just not enough? I know the owner says he's ran up to 25-30g/gal with good results. Really would prefer to adjust the dose rather than add something else in.

I had the same problem during veg, seemed like too much N. The plant was super green until flowering kicked in, then it swung the other way and started to fade 1-2 weeks into flowering. In spite of their claims about the grow dots I don’t think they are very well formulated for autos. The conditions for their success also seem to be very specific, which also runs counter to the manufacturer’s claims about ease of use.

I also really wanted to like them, but I am just not sold yet.
I am going to experiment a bit more with them but I am in the same boat. I really want them to work but they just haven't lived up to their claims exactly yet.

My first run I used the original first version of the dots. They re did the formula and my 2nd run with only one plant using the newer formula is messed up also. Stunted and looks weird. My living soil plants are smoking this grow dots plant. I'm about to pull it I think and re do that strain in living soil. My first run with the dots I had zero issues. This run is shit with em. I think whatever they did when they re made the dots I think they said to add more calcium. But whatever they did to it ain't the same as the first grow dots I used.

I'm a few weeks in my grow and it look days old. Too much Nitrogen for sure. I'm thinking a top layer of lighter mix soil with no dots might help this problem if anyone else tries em again. Or fill around a 30 ounce cup and then fill the cup hole with a light mix soil so the dots don't burn young plants. I didnt have this problem my first run.

Back