Calmag with hard water for autopots???

Thing is that's only testing elements in your water not how much cal

Fuck me sideways lol. Well I'm almost certain no cal mag was added to a dtw last time. But I may be wrong. But my water is deffo hard. That doesn't state how much cal mag is in the water just trace elements. So you might have more of others than I do cal. But I am still none the wiser haha
Your water supplyer will have that information bro but all you need to do is not give them any extra calmag untill you think you need it as food depending what you use it may already have enough for your plants

Your water supplyer will have that information bro but all you need to do is not give them any extra calmag untill you think you need it as food depending what you use it may already have enough for your plants
Mate that's good enough for me. As I said the dtw went without it fully. I'm certain. And mu autos are looking like too much cal red tips and spots on leaves. And that's only cos I added a load like an idiot. Been sound up till then

Mate that's good enough for me. As I said the dtw went without it fully. I'm certain. And mu autos are looking like too much cal red tips and spots on leaves. And that's only cos I added a load like an idiot. Been sound up till then
Were your others in Coco also a lot of main problems are mainly salt or nute buildup that s why u gotta feed to run off bro and if you have problems catch the run off and test it

Were your others in Coco also a lot of main problems are mainly salt or nute buildup that s why u gotta feed to run off bro and if you have problems catch the run off and test it
No mate well coco and Pete moss. I'm using autopots next with coco and pebbles like you said

Hello, need some advice, I'm not far away from setting up my 8pot autopot grow, just trying to get all the info I can before hand, will I need to add calmag to the rez, I live in a hard water area, if so how much and when, and if not bonus. Cheers people
Unfortunately, no one can answer this question correctly for you. You can't predetermine if a plant will need calmag or not. If you are using a buffered coco, there should be no need to add any extra calcium, even if it's from a water source. That's why most coco growers use RO water. Calcium is a secondary nutrient, which means it's not needed in high amounts. Plus calcium is in almost every nutrient line. If your tap water is hard, it's hard because it's high Calcium. That's what hard water is.. It's water high in calcium and magnesium. That's what causes that white build up on showerheads and shower doors/curtains... That's dried up calcium and magnesium. If you go with a pre buffered coco, use RO.. If you get non buffered coco, the tap water will work ok for a while, or until too much calcium/magnesium has built up in the coco.

There are a bunch of variables at play. The best bet is to learn how calcium and magnesium work, what they do for the plant etc. Same with coco. Read up on cec exchange and buffered vs non buffered coco. It will help in the long run, trust me.

Unfortunately, no one can answer this question correctly for you. You can't predetermine if a plant will need calmag or not. If you are using a buffered coco, there should be no need to add any extra calcium, even if it's from a water source. That's why most coco growers use RO water. Calcium is a secondary nutrient, which means it's not needed in high amounts. Plus calcium is in almost every nutrient line. If your tap water is hard, it's hard because it's high Calcium. That's what hard water is.. It's water high in calcium and magnesium. That's what causes that white build up on showerheads and shower doors/curtains... That's dried up calcium and magnesium. If you go with a pre buffered coco, use RO.. If you get non buffered coco, the tap water will work ok for a while, or until too much calcium/magnesium has built up in the coco.

There are a bunch of variables at play. The best bet is to learn how calcium and magnesium work, what they do for the plant etc. Same with coco. Read up on cec exchange and buffered vs non buffered coco. It will help in the long run, trust me.
Good info. Nice one proph

OMG you guys are reading those cheap meters wrong. It is not EC 376 it is EC 0.376 = ~180 PPM or about 90 PPM of calcium in the water. The cheap meters are missing the decimal point :crying:.

Starting with 90 PPM in your water you do not need to add calcium with most nutrient lines or grow styles.

Thing is that's only testing elements in your water not how much cal

Fuck me sideways lol. Well I'm almost certain no cal mag was added to a dtw last time. But I may be wrong. But my water is deffo hard. That doesn't state how much cal mag is in the water just trace elements. So you might have more of others than I do cal. But I am still none the wiser haha
Every grow I've done is in coco but never used calmag till this time round and this run is the only time I've had issues so my tap water and coco feed is obvs suffi
Good info. Nice one proph
I made the mistake of starting in un buffered coco and it was a disaster from week 2 had to scrap them and start again

Every grow I've done is in coco but never used calmag till this time round and this run is the only time I've had issues so my tap water and coco feed is obvs suffi

I made the mistake of starting in un buffered coco and it was a disaster from week 2 had to scrap them and start again
Going forward I won't use calmag until they ask for it

OMG you guys are reading those cheap meters wrong. It is not EC 376 it is EC 0.376 = ~180 PPM or about 90 PPM of calcium in the water. The cheap meters are missing the decimal point :crying:.

Starting with 90 PPM in your water you do not need to add calcium with most nutrient lines or grow styles.
Superb haha. So how do you get 90ppm from ec. 376?

Back