Sweet Seeds Bob's Sweet Seeds Grow - Chapter One: Bruce Banner Auto © & Sweet Amnesia Haze XL Auto ©

Day 15:

The ladies have taken a foothold in their new accommodations and are liking it a lot. I haven't given any water as the coco is still wet. Handy those fabric ports as I'm able to feel where the outside is wet/damp.
I did add a 100Watts of extra light as the 50Watt alone didn't cut it. The young ones where growing sideways into the light.

Under a 50W 230V Blurple light
20210326_182610_small.jpg

Under a 150W 230V Blurple light
20210326_185950_small.jpg

Also made some closeups for you guys... Who am I kidding, it's all for me muahahaha!

Bruce Banner Auto taken without flash
20210326_190018_small.jpg

Bruce Banner Auto taken with flash
20210326_190046_small.jpg

Sweet Amnesia Haze XL Auto taken without flash
20210326_190002_small.jpg

Sweet Amnesia Haze XL Auto taken with flash
20210326_190125_small.jpg

Regards,

B

Oh...Almost forgot. Actually I did, but I just remembered :pass:
I reused the Online Drybox controller and installed the digital humidity/temperature sensor through the side of my growbox as I wanted to know how hot it would get with 100W extra lights inside...
I had to open the door a bit so the fans would vent the hot and humid air outside, but after finding the right gap it stabilized. Tomorrow I'll fix that by drilling a hole and mounting the fan from the controller so the door can close again. 150Watts of light is a lot...
chart.jpg

Day 17:

Hello fellow growers the ladies are liking their new home a lot. Growth is definitely happening above ground as well.

Bruce Banner Auto (day 16)
20210327_182938_small.jpg

Bruce Banner Auto (day 17)
20210328_175152_small.jpg

Sweet Amnesia Haze XL Auto (day 16)
20210327_182929_small.jpg

Sweet Amnesia Haze XL Auto (day 17)
20210328_175205_small.jpg

As you al can see the coco is in need for some H2O. I saw this coming yesterday and made 1L mix with 4 ml A+B, 8 drops of Sulfuric acid, 4 drops of Kalium silicate and to get the girls really going a mixture of 10ppm BAP, 3ppm TRIA & 0.02ppm BRASS with a total of EC 1488 µS/cm and pH 6.01. Today I measured the mix again and the pH had dropped significantly down to 5.21. I remedied this with 2 drops of the Kalium silicate which pulled the pH up to 6.00. The EC has also gone up to 1531µS/cm. Nota: Both EC values had the measured EC from the water used substracted.

PH after everything is mixed
20210327_181842_small.jpg

EC before the subtraction of the EC value from the fossette.
20210327_182150_small.jpg

EC value of straight tap water.
20210327_182221_small.jpg

I'm thinking to FIM the Bruce Banner Auto as I want a low profile in the greenhouse. The monsters that will follow will be another story... I'll have to give them the best place in the house and still keep them hidden from prying eyes. But will resolve this when the time comes. Might as well do a SGROG on the SSSC I'm going to do. And as the nice people from Dutch Passion didn't react to my mail inquiry about the Auto Skywalker Haze they made it easy for me to take on another grow beside the SCCC. Namely the Sweet Fang Auto from Dragon Seeds. I think I'll keep the DP seeds for another grow, maybe by then there's more info to be found about their new auto or I do get an answer via mail. I also might contact @DutchPassionTony and ask him if he can provide more grow information about the Auto Skywalker Haze. Who knows...crazier things have happend to me lately ;)

Regards,

B

Day 19:

Hey Guys/Gals,

No update yesterday as my back was killing me from cleaning the greenhouse and it's surroundings. Three days work, but everything is spick and span now.
Tired, but satisfied... I did watered the medium (same composition as before, but 1.5L/plant in stead of 0.5L/plant)
On Sunday evening, just before lights out I also bit the bullet and fimmed the Bruce Banner. Thought the plant would have a couple of hours of dark time to recover from the wounds inflicted. This morning I made some pictures for ya'll

Fimmed Bruce Banner - don't mind the colors of the leaves as it's a combination of Blurple and the flash of my phone. In person the colors seem ok
It's because the lights are to close. Something I can't remedy for the moment

20210330_082409_small.jpg

Bruce Banner day 19
20210330_082340_small.jpg

Amnesia Haze - day 19
20210330_082335_small.jpg

Just a couple of weeks and I'll be moving the plants into their newly cleaned greenhouse. Might need something to keep them warm, but I'll figure that one out when we get there. Maybe some of you guys have an idea how to keep a small section on top of a table warm? maybe with an extra smaal greenhouse within the greenhouse?

Regards,

B

Last edited:
Day 21:

Heja Fellas,

I moved the plants to another location as my small growbox was running out of space. Mainly Bruce was growing to close to the lights, but the Amnesia to was showing significant signs of heat/light stress... I don't suppose those leaves will recover from the damage done, but new growth is already emerging and looking normal.
After FIM'ming Bruce, which I don't know if I did it right btw, I applied some LST by bending it 90°. This way the plant stays nice and bushy and all the side shoots can become top shoots.
I didn't do anything to the Amnesia as she is still to small for my liking and don't want to stunt her more then I've already did with the light/heat stress...

Also gave them a nice watering (1.5L/plant) with the normal mix of nutrients, but with added Potassium Silicate (0.4ml/L in stead of the 5 drops per Liter). Because of the higher dose of Silica I also had to up the dose of Sulfuric acid to make sure the pH was correct. As before, I made the solution yesterday evening and let it rest until this afternoon. Then readjusted the mix with a couple of drops of acid and this resulted in 6.00 pH EC 1480 µS/cm.

Oh and almost forgot. One of the Blurple lights gave up so it needed to be replaced. And while I was at it with the soldering iron I removed another blurple cob and replaced this as wel. Now I have a trio of light above the plants ranging from 3000K through 6500K and everything in between with the blurple

Bruce Banner Auto
20210401_123332_small.jpg

Sweet Amnesia Haze XL Auto
20210401_123341_small.jpg

Regards,

B

Day 24:

Good day to you all :shooty:
Everything is going steadily with both plants. Bruce has recovered nicely from the FIM and LST. And on all but the oldest leaves the heat/light damage is as good as repaired. I finally FIM'med the Amnesia (last picture) as she was also growing nicely. I did go a bit lower then I did with Bruce as I think the FIM there was taken to high.
Every other day both plants get a 1.5L drink (same recipe as the last one).
Tonight (about half an hour before lights out) I'm gonna give them their first power boost by means of a hormone foliar feed. A thorough soak on both sides of the leaves is necessary so they take it up as uniformly as possible. This is the same mix I used last year in my grow ( 50ppm BAP, 15ppm TRIA, 0.1ppm BRASS) and if done properly and in the right conditions growth will accelerate. The only different variable is that I'm now working in a spare closet, with no heating and with three cheap COB LED's which will not even compare to a cloudy day in the greenhouse. If it does work as I hoped I'll receive the same extension as last year because the plants took about a week and half longer to go into flowering. So a week longer vegging isn't a bad thing I suppose ;)

Bruce Banner Auto - day 22
20210402_104029_small.jpg

Bruce Banner Auto - day 24
20210404_084149_small.jpg

Sweet Amnesia Haze XL Auto - day 22
20210402_104056_small.jpg

Sweet Amnesia Haze XL Auto - day 24
20210404_084059_small.jpg

Temperature and humidity of grow closet of the last 24 hours. Lights out @2200 and back on @0200
20210404-131906_Blynk.jpg

Closeup FIM - Sweet Amnesia Haze XL Auto
20210404_084059_Closeup.jpg

Regards,

B

Last edited:
Day 25:

Heya guys/gals,

Last night before I applied the foliar spray I noticed in my Blynk app that the temperature during lights out went really low. It was only for 4 hours, but it went as low as 18.4 °C / 65°F which was a bit low. So after spraying the plants I disabled the timer and set the lights on 24/7 which stabelized the temperature around 23.4°C / 74°F.
20210405-202048_Blynk_small.jpg

Today I gave 2L nutrient solution (same recipe as before) to the ladies. They gobbled it up without any fuss. I think I could have given more, but I didn't want to overdo it. I'll probably have to water them in two or three days and then soak the entire pot in the shower with pH'ed nutrient solution and make sure there is some excess as to do a 10 á 20% drain to waste.

So enough talk. Here are the ladies :dancer:

Bruce Banner Auto
20210405_192133_small.jpg

20210405_192144_small.jpg

Just curious but, what are these abbreviations?

50ppm BAP, 15ppm TRIA, 0.1ppm BRASS

Just curious but, what are these abbreviations?

50ppm BAP, 15ppm TRIA, 0.1ppm BRASS
BAP = 6-Benzylaminopurine
TRIA = Triacontanol
BRASS = Brassinolide

Day 27:

Hey Gromies,

Three days have past since I sprayed the plants. And because I was curious how they would react I made a time-lapse of the last 66 hours. It's actually amazing how much the plants move, but you can only see it via a time-lapse :yoinks:

I quit this time-lapse because I accidentally bumped the tripod while LST'ing Bruce Banner, but I'm actually happy I did, because what did I see...
20210407_191401_small.jpg

I didn't give them their flushing, but rather gave the remaining nutrient solution as the pots were still kinda damp. Next time I'll dump 5L per plant so enough solution will drain which will of course be measured.
I'm also glad I changed the cobs as now the light has a more outdoor feel to it. Hard to explain, but if I for instance hold my hand in front of the blurple the color changes to a warm yellow and if I blank out the warm white cob I get a cold light blue color. All this is just how I perceive the colors as I'm actually colorblind, but you get the drift ;)

Again, enough talk and more pictures. Don't let Bruce surprise you as she got a good deal of LST done.

Bruce Banner Auto
20210407_191531_small.jpg

The Amnesia is looking great I'm proud to say, but then she was only topped...

20210407_191544_small.jpg

One thing I'm curious about is what you guys actually think about this grow. Any comments are welcome as this is my first indoor grow and it is still very different then growing in a greenhouse. Hopefully the weather will get better in the coming weeks as I think real sunlight will be much better for these ladies then any artificial light can give them.

Regards,

Bob :gassy:

Back