Sweet Seeds Bob's Sweet Seeds Grow - Chapter One: Bruce Banner Auto © & Sweet Amnesia Haze XL Auto ©

@pop22 I just finished flushing everything. Ran a total of 36L / 9.5gal straight (6.0 pH) water through the coco. With each last flushing I measured the values of what came out of the bottom and the EC dropped significantly but the pH was still higher then what went in. Is this normal?
The pots are still in the shower draining for some time, so if I should flush with lower pH just say and I'll run upstairs and go a second round ;)

Bruce Banner Auto flushing
20210410_174639_small.jpg
20210410_174718_small.jpg

Sweet Amnesia Haze XL Auto flushing
20210410_175835_small.jpg
20210410_175937_small.jpg

Again thank you for your help! :bighug:

Regards,

Bob

Day 31:

Hey Growmies,

What a lovely community this forum is. Ask a question and get a solution the same day.
After the flushing with plain ph'ed water as @pop22 suggested I can really see a difference.
Although I probably stunted the whole lot the last couple of days I think this grow can still be saved. In either case it has been a learning experience none the less.

And some detailed pictures of each plant.

Bruce Banner Auto
20210411_181340_small.jpg

Sweet Amnesia Haze XL Auto
20210411_181348_small.jpg

Regards,

B

Day 34:

Hey fellow growers,

I or better said my mate solved the mystery of the high pH I measured last week. This is quite a read so bare with me...
I couldn't get over it and pondered about it until the really late hours. So I asked my mate (he's a laborant assistant) to make me three new bottles of calibration liquids (4.01, 6.86 & 9.18) which are the values my pH pen needs for calibrating. He came over with the liquids and brought his labo (Fisher Accumet) pH tester with him. We made a water solution (pH 6.0) with the help of his probe and measured it with my pen. And behold it was a stagering 1.76 off measuring 7.76 pH. So we calibrated my pen with the new calibration solution and after a couple of try's it passed. Then measured the 6.0 solution and it was close enough (6.02) to what it actually was, but it wouldn't stay on that value... So my mate looked at the glass which was clean and not cracked. He then opened the battery case and turned the batteries around their axis while measuring and the values where all over the place!
We took out the batteries and saw one battery which was corroded and had white powder on it. It had leaked out and f#ck3d up the measurements.
I was so angry at myself for not checking that, you can't believe!!! :wall:
The really messed up thing was that it was to late to go to the store and buy new batteries... you wouldn't be surprised if I said that I didn't have much sleep that night. Next day went out with crutches and all and bought four new LR44 batteries, calibrated the whole damn probe again and behold... The different liquids my mate made the night before where all correct and on point.

So I must have given my plants a liquid which had a pH of probably 4.5 or below! I was ashamed and angry with myself and even pondered about not telling, but I learned a valuable lesson and did wanted to share it with everyone so this could probably help someone out in the future and that's why I'm telling this here with red cheeks :doh:
Calibrate your probe regularly and check your batteries if the value doesn't stabilize after one minute. Lesson learned!

Today two days after feeding the plants with the correct pH nutrient solution (I couldn't and still can't carry them down to the shower for a flushing with real pH 6.0 because of my back) they are still recuperating nicely and even show some sign of growth. Take a look for yourself ;)

And here are some more detailed pictures...

Bruce Banner Auto
20210414_152214_small.jpg

20210414_152222_small.jpg

Regards,

B

Day 38:

Hey Guys,

Nothing special to report. Just a video and picture update.
The plants are starting to stretch. Bruce Banner is already showing preflowers, but Sweet Amnesia Haze XL Auto still has to produce a single hair...
I truly hope the temperature will start to rise as then I'll be in the possibility to put the plants in the greenhouse...

Bruce Banner Auto
20210418_184436_small.jpg

20210418_184428_small.jpg

Regards,

B

Glad to hear you got your ph issue sorted with that faulty battery. What an odd problem. Definitely not something anyone would look for. Should be smooth sailing now!

Glad to hear you got your ph issue sorted with that faulty battery. What an odd problem. Definitely not something anyone would look for. Should be smooth sailing now!
Thx bro! I do hope so as the plants are starting to grow/stretch now. I'm hopeful I'll be able to put them in the greenhouse asap. Bought a gas heater to compensate for night temperatures, but haven't had the time to mess around with it.
In the daytime the temps are fine, but it's the nights that are really a bit cold...

B

Last edited:
Just getting caught up your thread. Interesting grow. Sending good vibes your way

:vibes:

frank

Just getting caught up your thread. Interesting grow. Sending good vibes your way

:vibes:

frank
Thanks Frank! They are well received :bighug:

Day 41:

Today was a busy day. Got some needed work done around the house with the result that I'm currently sleeping on the couch again... Sadly enough I'm on muscle relaxants as my jars are empty...

I'm happy to say that the gasheater I bought for the greenhouse is doing it's thing. Outside it's 4°C/39°F and inside it's a comfy 13.7°C/57°F. :woohoo1:
We'll see tomorrow morning if the temp stayed above 12°C/53°F. If not I can always turn up the heater as it is now running on it's lowest setting.
Also gave the plants their daily dose of nutrients, yes daily as once every two days isn't cutting it anymore. I hope to be able to transfer the plants asap to the greenhouse as watering there isn't as hard of a job as it is now. I have running water, several 220L/58gallon barrels and loads of pumps which do all the hard work for me. Until then I'll just have to carry everything upstairs and be careful not to spill any on my way up there...

Except for the pictures that's it for today :toke:

Bruce Banner Auto
20210421_210026_small.jpg

20210421_210034_small.jpg

Day 44:

The stretch is full on. So much that I now have problems hanging my lights higher. Have to figure that one out later today...I just wished I could transfer everything to the greenhouse, but even with the heater I can't get it higher then 11°C and the last couple of days the temperature has gone negative °C. And so I wait until mother nature raises the night temperature for me... :bow::dancer:

I now give each plant 2.5L of nutrient solution every day. (6.00pH & Netto EC approx.800µS/cm or 512ppm)

Bruce Banner Auto
20210425_144001_small.jpg

Halve and halve
20210425_144007_small.jpg

20210425_144010_small.jpg

And another time-lapse just because it's fun! :toke:

Regards,

B

Back