Sweet Seeds Bob's Sweet Seeds Grow - Chapter One: Bruce Banner Auto © & Sweet Amnesia Haze XL Auto ©

Slammin work! I think the time lapse was super neat to watch. That one leaf on the left plant just shaking and stretching. The one closest to the sensor/between the pots. It's like MOOOOOORRRREEEE POOOOWWAAAAAAA!!!!

Slammin work! I think the time lapse was super neat to watch.
Thanks mate!

The one closest to the sensor/between the pots. It's like MOOOOOORRRREEEE POOOOWWAAAAAAA!!!!
Yes, I think they are hungry for more food. Last night made up the next 5L of nutrient solution and upped the nutrients for that one. Before it was 3ml A/B, this one has 4ml A/B in it. Need to find another 5L container so I can drench both plants tomorrow or the day after...
Bruce has already recovered nicely from her LST treatment...

@TheMongol What do you think? Would the SSSC team like this for the Grow 'n Show?

Looking good, following along!

Looking good, following along!
Great work!
Sweet smokes,
- Apolo
Thank you guys! It is much appreciated.

Now I think I'm in need of some assistance. @Proph @Trichome farmer @pop22 @St. Tom @JSH1973 or anybody else who could chime in :thanks:
Last night I did the drain to waste in the shower so the liquid could go somewhere. Ended up running 15L of nutrient solution through each pot in steps of 5L. But the strangest thing happend to me. Let me explain...
  • The first two 5L solutions had the following values 6.02 pH EC approx.1800µS/cm. 400µS/cm of that was the starting value of the tap water. So 1400µS/cm of nutrients in the solution. What flushed through had a value of 6.56 and 6.29 pH and an EC of 1322 and 1328µS/cm. Not so bad, but I wanted to be closer to the 6.0 pH recommended for coco so I flushed again.
  • This time the solution had a value of 5.75 pH and EC of approx. 1800µS/cm. What came out didn't make sense! 6.78 and 6.58 pH and EC of 1524 and 1582µS/cm. the pH had risen in stead of going down. So again I made another batch of solution.
  • This time with a pH of 5 and about the same for the EC and again flushed the pots with it. What came out baffled me as the pH had risen again to 6.81 and 6.68.
I can't get my head around why this would happen? Is 15L of solution to little for flushing approx. 18 - 20L of coco? Every time I ran 5L there was plenty of liquid running out of the bottom of the pot.
I checked my pH pen with some fresh calibration liquid and it was off by 0.01. I threw the calibration liquid away, opened a new bottle and tested again with the same results. So the pen is not to blame.
Should I flush with pH'ed water only and with a higher quantity? Or is it because I didn't do a drain to waste every feeding?

What should I do? I really don't want to f#ck things up this run...

Bruce Banner Auto
20210409_205436_small.jpg

Sweet Amnesia Haze XL Auto
20210409_205501_small.jpg

This is a time lapse from yesterday after the drain to waste after which I readjusted the LST on Bruce Banner until just now...

Regards,

Bob

Now I think I'm in need of some assistance. @Proph @Trichome farmer @pop22 @St. Tom @JSH1973 or anybody else who could chime in :thanks:
Last night I did the drain to waste in the shower so the liquid could go somewhere. Ended up running 15L of nutrient solution through each pot in steps of 5L. But the strangest thing happend to me. Let me explain...
  • The first two 5L solutions had the following values 6.02 pH EC approx.1800µS/cm. 400µS/cm of that was the starting value of the tap water. So 1400µS/cm of nutrients in the solution. What flushed through had a value of 6.56 and 6.29 pH and an EC of 1322 and 1328µS/cm. Not so bad, but I wanted to be closer to the 6.0 pH recommended for coco so I flushed again.
  • This time the solution had a value of 5.75 pH and EC of approx. 1800µS/cm. What came out didn't make sense! 6.78 and 6.58 pH and EC of 1524 and 1582µS/cm. the pH had risen in stead of going down. So again I made another batch of solution.
  • This time with a pH of 5 and about the same for the EC and again flushed the pots with it. What came out baffled me as the pH had risen again to 6.81 and 6.68.
I can't get my head around why this would happen? Is 15L of solution to little for flushing approx. 18 - 20L of coco? Every time I ran 5L there was plenty of liquid running out of the bottom of the pot.
I checked my pH pen with some fresh calibration liquid and it was off by 0.01. I threw the calibration liquid away, opened a new bottle and tested again with the same results. So the pen is not to blame.
Should I flush with pH'ed water only and with a higher quantity? Or is it because I didn't do a drain to waste every feeding?

Bruce Banner Auto
View attachment 1305769

View attachment 1305770

This is a time lapse from yesterday after the drain to waste after which I readjusted the LST on Bruce Banner until just now...

Regards,

Bob

I didn't catch why you're flushing.. Drain to waist? Or just watering to runoff? From what I've read you've been hand watering. Every dtw set up I've seen is on an automated feed with a res and flood tables or trays, so Im a little confused.

I didn't catch why you're flushing.. Drain to waist? Or just watering to runoff? From what I've read you've been hand watering. Every dtw set up I've seen is on an automated feed with a res and flood tables or trays, so Im a little confused.
Hey Proph,

Thx for the quick reply.
Normally I grow in the greenhouse and in there I always give the plants more to drink so there's a 20% runoff. But where the plants are now (temporary until the night temperature in the greenhouse is acceptable) I'm not in the opportunity to do that. So I hand watered them just enough since they where just little. I must confess that I miscalculated the timing and the weather hasn't worked with me. This time the previous year it was already sunny and warm enough so the plants could be placed in the greenhouse, but now it's still freezing or near freezing at night...
I decided to give them a flushing in the shower so as to remove the build up salts that had accumulated in the coco.

Last edited:
I see clawing in your leaves, a sign of over feeding. You need to flush with plain water,lots of it as I believe you have a lot os salts buildup. I'd say these plants don't like the EC at 1.8 I'd drop it to 1.2 and see how they look. Also, rising PH could be too much calcium. I put about 5 or more gallons of plaint water through each pot. let them dry a bit the water with solution at a lower EC.

What nutrient are you using?

Bruce Banner Auto
View attachment 1305769

View attachment 1305770

Regards,

Bob

I see clawing in your leaves, a sign of over feeding. You need to flush with plain water,lots of it as I believe you have a lot os salts buildup. I'd say these plants don't like the EC at 1.8 I'd drop it to 1.2 and see how they look. Also, rising PH could be too much calcium. I put about 5 or more gallons of plaint water through each pot. let them dry a bit the water with solution at a lower EC.
Thank you! And with plain water. Do you mean pH'ed down to 6.0 or just tapwater?

What nutrient are you using?
I'm using this recipe which I make myself. Got all the base materials at home and make it up for each species of vegetables I grow (pepper, tomato, aubergine, melon, and so on) in the greenhouse. It is completely setup for hydro as everything I grow in soil dies...:shrug:

PH to 6.0

Thank you! And with plain water. Do you mean pH'ed down to 6.0 or just tapwater?

I'm using this recipe which I make myself. Got all the base materials at home and make it up for each species of vegetables I grow (pepper, tomato, aubergine, melon, and so on) in the greenhouse. It is completely setup for hydro as everything I grow in soil dies...:shrug:

Back