Lighting Bigsm0 and the cob addiction

I need some advice. @Padawan1972 has me thinking....
the damn bugs are in the soil and it’s happend from 2 different stores. I wondered if I heavily watered my new soil with a strong mix of h2o2 and let it sit for a few days if it would be safe for new seedlings? Maybe even a week. Next I wanted to pick up nylons to protect the air pots from bugs getting in the holes. Sand as a topping with blumats isn’t good. The sand holds the water and the roots tend to migrate up top. I would only use this with grow bags and not air pots. My older crop now that's all messed up id just do a strong h2o2 mix on because they are already a mess and near the end. Any suggestions? These chemicals I have used arent touching them and super expensive.
Just remember H2O2 will not kill eggs..so application should be done bi-weekly. As for stockings..it will help..but, I have tried .not on autos, but on exotic plants, also they were outside in greenhouse..some still are able to get in there. or even lay eggs on the nylon!.did it slow it down...I think so.

What kinda bugs?Have u tried mixing a healthy dose of d.e. earth in ur soil?or considered predators in the garden?

Smo, I've had pretty good luck with diatomaceous earth, not justas a top dressing but adding and mixing a couple of tablespoons to the mix in each pot. It does not eradicate bugs completely, but it does seem to knock them down 80% or so to a level that chems can finish the job. DE is cheap and non toxic too, I used it on my zucchini, tomatoes, cukes, pretty much everything I grew this year and still have half a bag left

I need some advice. @Padawan1972 has me thinking....
the damn bugs are in the soil and it’s happend from 2 different stores. I wondered if I heavily watered my new soil with a strong mix of h2o2 and let it sit for a few days if it would be safe for new seedlings? Maybe even a week. Next I wanted to pick up nylons to protect the air pots from bugs getting in the holes. Sand as a topping with blumats isn’t good. The sand holds the water and the roots tend to migrate up top. I would only use this with grow bags and not air pots. My older crop now that's all messed up id just do a strong h2o2 mix on because they are already a mess and near the end. Any suggestions? These chemicals I have used arent touching them and super expensive.

Crushed eggshells as a top dress it's like razor blades to the bugs I read some where it said the shells cut the bugs as the try to get up or down :shrug: sounds logical.

Crushed eggshells as a top dress it's like razor blades to the bugs I read some where it said the shells cut the bugs as the try to get up or down :shrug: sounds logical.
That’s what DE or diatomaceous earth does as well. It’s pulverized seashells and cuts the little buggers to pieces.

I mix up to 8 cups of de for 25 gallons of soil. It helps balance ph adds silica and minerals etc.... I knew a guy that cloned in straight de earth w great success . ive mixed so much of it in some soil once it looked almost grey and was one of the best photoperiod plants i ran. The last time i was out of de and ran the soil w out it mixed i got thrips..... Spinosad fixed that one

If in veg still u can dust the fuck outta the whole plant and let it sit on there for a few days to a week then rinse off. I also lay that shit all over the floor for crawlers it kills anything w 6 legs or 8 legs

Get those stick yellow traps you put in the base and till the top half a inch try and keep the top as dry as possible. Now I not 100% on this but if you use airpots I would buy xl pantyhose so they do not stretch place them around the airport so the little buggers can not fly into the holes. But D.E. works amazing but is messy on the floor but we'll worth the little mess. Having the sticky traps let's you know if you are getting them under control. I emptied my whole room I had to stop rotation. I bleached the hell out of the
tent. That killed them all never to return.

Back