Lighting Bigsm0 and the cob addiction

Some of its also eggshells crushed up.
I never knew that. I alway thought it was called diatomaceous earth because it is made from fossilized diatoms.
Diatomaceous earth consists of fossilized remains of diatoms, a type of hard-shelled protist(chrysophytes). It is a naturally occurring, soft, siliceoussedimentary rock that is easily crumbled into a fine white to off-white powder.

I never knew that. I alway thought it was called diatomaceous earth because it is made from fossilized diatoms.
Ya the stuff I get from the co-op has crushed eggshells in it and I've seen couple types at wally world with it in it. I'm sure depending on the maker it's fillers and application purposes are different, cause what is from the co-op also has a strong lime smell.

I do have the sticky traps just about everywhere I can fit them. The diatomaceous earth did help the gnats but didn’t do a thing to the aphids. The air pots are the biggest problem and the soil which is pro-mix is the culprit for holding the aphids or their eggs. The bugs can enter the sides, bottom and top of the airpots. Time to hit the laundry mat with the soil bags till it’s cleared up. I was really hoping the h2o2 would work as a soil cleaner. I added it a few grows ago and it really messed up the plants.

I guess I’ll try adding the h2o2 to the pots a week before I plant seedlings. Hopefully that’s enough time to break down to water again so it doesn’t hurt the plants. I’ll mix in diatomaceous earth with the soil and do a thin layer of de and sand on top. This sould do the trick hopefully.

It's done bigsmO
Since you wouldn't let me invest
I had to buy ur cobs sir...
Growing these plants are addicting
Ugh

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

DE is used like crazy in my house and out of my house too.
I do have the sticky traps just about everywhere I can fit them. The diatomaceous earth did help the gnats but didn’t do a thing to the aphids. The air pots are the biggest problem and the soil which is pro-mix is the culprit for holding the aphids or their eggs. The bugs can enter the sides, bottom and top of the airpots. Time to hit the laundry mat with the soil bags till it’s cleared up. I was really hoping the h2o2 would work as a soil cleaner. I added it a few grows ago and it really messed up the plants.

I guess I’ll try adding the h2o2 to the pots a week before I plant seedlings. Hopefully that’s enough time to break down to water again so it doesn’t hurt the plants. I’ll mix in diatomaceous earth with the soil and do a thin layer of de and sand on top. This sould do the trick hopefully.
yeah your supposed to water down the h2o2. It’s too strong straight. But watered down I think 1 cup to a gallon can be very beneficial to your garden. Watered down even more and use as foliar spray. I haven’t tried it yet but looked into it and have been thinking about it.

DE is used like crazy in my house and out of my house too.

yeah your supposed to water down the h2o2. It’s too strong straight. But watered down I think 1 cup to a gallon can be very beneficial to your garden. Watered down even more and use as foliar spray. I haven’t tried it yet but looked into it and have been thinking about it.
That’s exactly what I did as far as mixture goes and what I did with my seedlings a few months back and the things turned yellow and never made it. That’s why I wanted to use it early and let it hopefully kill. A week later it should turn to h20 which wouldn’t hurt the plants any longer.

My kiddos are to spoiled. All inclusive 3 day 2 night stay paid for by some great folks I did work for over the summer. 3 hours of traffic in NY just about wiped me out though. Second trip to this wonderful place in the past 30 days. Back to the grind.
84F83138-24D1-4DA4-A290-4FEEC1B62B4D.png

52A75DEB-91B9-44B3-BAB9-B994B7979B2B.jpeg

Back