Lighting Bigsm0 and the cob addiction

I want to throw up. It’s not often I talk trash on cob lights but I did some digging on one company after a new grower tried schooling me on cobs. “Dude the par’s Are way higher and the leds are bomb, you get a way better spectrum”.

This is what I found, Epistar leds surrounding cobs. But not just any cobs! These sob’s are .81 cents each and cob of the year in 2012. View attachment 938605

I am so ready to bring on investors and blow cobshop to the moon. Create every single combo of the best parts. Build an AutoCob in every wattage and spend a million advertising. I just can’t get past this bs.
Where can I invest?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

What I think he’s saying is that they’re Epistar COB chips being passed off as CREEs. The reason that’s important is that CREE is top-of-the-line in COBs and Epistar is somewhere below junk. And they’re being sold hella cheap. An actual CREE CXA2530 goes for about $11.00 A PIECE when you buy 10.
English please. No speaky smaht stuff.

Lol Yeatster, it’s basically a new way of sucking in growers to thinking they are buying quality lights but they pull the ol switcheroo. Probably get in trouble for this but here it is anyways. amare was the first to supplement the cob that I know of. Not here to up or down them just to point that part out. This company knocked them off and then knocked me off. But with the amare clone instead of using a $30 dollar cob they use an .81 cent cob. That is a real current price on the cxa2530 too. 10 for $8.11. I wouldn’t consider such garbage but looked it up just to see what they were going for. Then instead of adding an led around the cob that comes close to the cobs performance they yet again went for the .02cent Epistar leds. All in all this light looked ok, cree powered ext but probably just tops an hps as far as efficiency goes. All for profit.

If that's on ebay, report them! this type of scam is not easy to report but I've done it. In fact I called them and raised hell over a couple different Chinese sellers. At least 3 of which got booted. Or send a note to Cree, if they pay attention to you, they'll make the seller AND ebay regret it! WE need to be active against this kind of crap.

Lol Yeatster, it’s basically a new way of sucking in growers to thinking they are buying quality lights but they pull the ol switcheroo. Probably get in trouble for this but here it is anyways. amare was the first to supplement the cob that I know of. Not here to up or down them just to point that part out. This company knocked them off and then knocked me off. But with the amare clone instead of using a $30 dollar cob they use an .81 cent cob. That is a real current price on the cxa2530 too. 10 for $8.11. I wouldn’t consider such garbage but looked it up just to see what they were going for. Then instead of adding an led around the cob that comes close to the cobs performance they yet again went for the .02cent Epistar leds. All in all this light looked ok, cree powered ext but probably just tops an hps as far as efficiency goes. All for profit.

So sad that you cant pay good money for good products except for a few honest people. We are lucky to have you and the autocobs here bigsm0! You are the exception to the rule

So sad that you cant pay good money for good products except for a few honest people. We are lucky to have you and the autocobs here bigsm0! You are the exception to the rule
He took a chance, building a light with available components and it has payed off. He runs his business with integrity, something sorely lacking among competitors!

If you need investors I’m in!

I need some advice. @Padawan1972 has me thinking....
the damn bugs are in the soil and it’s happend from 2 different stores. I wondered if I heavily watered my new soil with a strong mix of h2o2 and let it sit for a few days if it would be safe for new seedlings? Maybe even a week. Next I wanted to pick up nylons to protect the air pots from bugs getting in the holes. Sand as a topping with blumats isn’t good. The sand holds the water and the roots tend to migrate up top. I would only use this with grow bags and not air pots. My older crop now that's all messed up id just do a strong h2o2 mix on because they are already a mess and near the end. Any suggestions? These chemicals I have used arent touching them and super expensive.

What kind of soil? I'm having similar problems with 4 types of soils from the same company but 2 different stores, I believe same distributor supplies both of the stores I used. Curious if soil company is where it's started or the distributor warehouse.

Back