Lighting Bigsm0 and the cob addiction

I recently bought a metzhi 600w led (270w from the wall) and a cheap 300w led (140 true watts) and wish I would av waited and been then able to buy better light but money’s been tight but I paid £200 for those brand new but I’m not getting a good final product in the structure and smell [emoji851]I’ve now got a spare £250 so I was looking into a new light but I may buy a cool tube for now and put that in and just keep adding to the funds [emoji16][emoji16][emoji636] I’m sure if we all ad loads a cash we would all be buying top of the range lights friend [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Order from @BigSm0 cobshop.net you will be more than pleased with ur results I guarantee that. Through in some megaCrop and bam u have magazine quality buds to show off and smoke.

HPS Cool tubes are even worse than cheap chinese growlights! Horribly inefficient! Find yourself some good ( NON Chinese junk ) cob lights, you'll be much happier! if budgets a problem, build your own! anyone can do it.

I recently bought a metzhi 600w led (270w from the wall) and a cheap 300w led (140 true watts) and wish I would av waited and been then able to buy better light but money’s been tight but I paid £200 for those brand new but I’m not getting a good final product in the structure and smell [emoji851]I’ve now got a spare £250 so I was looking into a new light but I may buy a cool tube for now and put that in and just keep adding to the funds [emoji16][emoji16][emoji636] I’m sure if we all ad loads a cash we would all be buying top of the range lights friend [emoji106]

HPS Cool tubes are even worse than cheap chinese growlights! Horribly inefficient! Find yourself some good ( NON Chinese junk ) cob lights, you'll be much happier! if budgets a problem, build your own! anyone can do it.

I was also looking at quantum boards on eBay for £28 but I haven’t got a clue were to start as in wiring it up which driver would be needed there also is a quantum board diy kit or 250w pre built £255 r they worth it what do I need to be looking for and so on HELP!![emoji2][emoji16][emoji463]

I was also looking at quantum boards on eBay for £28 but I haven’t got a clue were to start as in wiring it up which driver would be needed there also is a quantum board diy kit or 250w pre built £255 r they worth it what do I need to be looking for and so on HELP!![emoji2][emoji16][emoji463]

You would have better luck in the diy cob thread then in here bub, you should find all kinds of info in it.

image.jpeg
@BigSm0

I read many posts and followed along on many conversations before joining or designing my room and setup. You are one of the people here who I believe is doing an excellent job putting out info and representing yourself in a way that should be an example to any business of any size. Now I did not buy auto cobs( only one reason) but I did get a DIY system that was much more expensive based on the knowledge I gained from reading a lot of what you and others have shared here. You had a post when you picked up your Irrigation components and I realized I grew up sitting on the steps of the general store that used to be where that post office is and I got paranoid to order, I know, I know. Crazy.

Getting to my point.......
Advertising and misinformation and the ability of some big crappy well funded company to confuse everybody into buying an inferior product is something that plagues all quality companies and it blows my mind how the consumers wander aimlessly looking at shiny logos and false claims.

I have been telling everyone I know that if they have ever wanted to grow now is the best time as formula is so ridiculously simple and CHEAP. For less than $150 US you can get a light and free sample of nutrients than you could stick in the corner, water every couple of days and get 5oz in 90 days or less. Now of course we aren't talking tent and filter but everyone doesn't need one. Talk about a setup that pays for itself.

Sadly for most there will still be a whole pile of new growers running into grow shows buying cheap Chinese LED lights that would barely give a fish a tan at twice the price. They will also be more than happy to throw down a few $$$$$ on 15 bottles of nutrients and supplements to play mad scientist and ask deficieny questions every other day as they burn and starve their plants to get half the yield they could have had if the just grabbed an Autocob and some Mega Crop.

Buying a legit high quality Cob and running Megacrop is the
Cheapest
Easiest
Most efficient way to produce high quality bud. If you cannot afford to do that you should not be growing as I guarantee any other way will cost you more and be less efficient.

I run MC and DIY cobs and this one picture tells you why Autocobs are better than what I did. ADJUSTABILITY. If I had Autocobs I would be able to keep ALL the plants in the zone and not have to adjust for the big girl

View attachment 916741 @BigSm0

I read many posts and followed along on many conversations before joining or designing my room and setup. You are one of the people here who I believe is doing an excellent job putting out info and representing yourself in a way that should be an example to any business of any size. Now I did not buy auto cobs( only one reason) but I did get a DIY system that was much more expensive based on the knowledge I gained from reading a lot of what you and others have shared here. You had a post when you picked up your Irrigation components and I realized I grew up sitting on the steps of the general store that used to be where that post office is and I got paranoid to order, I know, I know. Crazy.

Getting to my point.......
Advertising and misinformation and the ability of some big crappy well funded company to confuse everybody into buying an inferior product is something that plagues all quality companies and it blows my mind how the consumers wander aimlessly looking at shiny logos and false claims.

I have been telling everyone I know that if they have ever wanted to grow now is the best time as formula is so ridiculously simple and CHEAP. For less than $150 US you can get a light and free sample of nutrients than you could stick in the corner, water every couple of days and get 5oz in 90 days or less. Now of course we aren't talking tent and filter but everyone doesn't need one. Talk about a setup that pays for itself.

Sadly for most there will still be a whole pile of new growers running into grow shows buying cheap Chinese LED lights that would barely give a fish a tan at twice the price. They will also be more than happy to throw down a few $$$$$ on 15 bottles of nutrients and supplements to play mad scientist and ask deficieny questions every other day as they burn and starve their plants to get half the yield they could have had if the just grabbed an Autocob and some Mega Crop.

Buying a legit high quality Cob and running Megacrop is the
Cheapest
Easiest
Most efficient way to produce high quality bud. If you cannot afford to do that you should not be growing as I guarantee any other way will cost you more and be less efficient.

I run MC and DIY cobs and this one picture tells you why Autocobs are better than what I did. ADJUSTABILITY. If I had Autocobs I would be able to keep ALL the plants in the zone and not have to adjust for the big girl
Killllller post im learning more and more everyday that autocobs and megacrop is as simple as can be o cant forget the autopots and autoflowers lmao auto everything

So eager to chop this girl just hit day 70 the other day it seems to have finished up alot sooner has to be the cobs and mega [emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]
2a70e3d7aff417cd195bf0cc43ede5ef.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

QB's are not sold on ebay as far as I know, they are counterfeits.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
First grow EVER, mega crop and COBS. Anyone can do it and kill it with COBs and Megacrop

Get the PH stable
Add MC
If they are pale use more
If the tips yelling use less

Harvest enjoy. Don't forget to turn on your COBS

There may be an ideal height but they are beyond forgiving. And look at the dense foliage with MC. And penetration .... Damn. I'll have to get a picture under the canopy, these things cut through right down to my buckets.

I had people who had been growing for years laugh when I told them how I was setting up the room and the nutrients I was using. They had me so nervous I figured I was going to grow crap twigs.

I'm sure seriously experienced growers could do more with additional components. But for all the people that this forum and many others have seen struggle to get anything barely harvestable on there first or several grows. I wish they all had some AUTOCobs and Mega crop. There would definitely be ALOT more medicine.
I digress I'll get of my soap box. I just got a little frustrated. I've seen do many posts where someone wants to get the cheapest light possible because they are short on cash but then weeks later you see them with $300 dollars worth of nutrients and 25w CFL asking why things aren't what they expected.

All the fertilizer in the world doesn't help if the sun doesn't come out

Here's to keeping it simple folks.

Last edited:
I can start another thread on autocob distance to canopy if you need some more activity :biggrin:

Probably should do now that the new standard distance is more like 8 inches instead of 36 inches!!!

I just wish we knew the answers to all. Luckily we have Afn and the great group to work things out.
As for distance...... just noticed my buds double in size over the last 48 hours. 3/4 of a lb auto coming right up. This plants out of control.
Do you think this might be too close? :smoking: The perspective sucks, but the distance is accurate. It is hard holding a tape measure and taking a pic. That’s my little one gallon LSD top of her main cola.
EBD94F51-BFD2-4E29-9A9E-00E96566690B.jpeg

Here’s what she looks like in a her beauty, packing on the resin.
85DB54A6-D535-448C-A6F0-1BDC407C7BEE.jpeg

Back