Lighting Bigsm0 and the cob addiction

Do you think this might be too close? :smoking: The perspective sucks, but the distance is accurate. It is hard holding a tape measure and taking a pic. That’s my little one gallon LSD top of her main cola.
View attachment 916890
Here’s what she looks like in a her beauty, packing on the resin.
View attachment 916910
IU s that a fast buds LSD?

IU s that a fast buds LSD?
No, that’s Barney’s Farms LSD, the photogenic version. One of the reasons I’m growing it is because I liked the FB autoflower version so much I had to grow the photo version.

No, that’s Barney’s Farms LSD, the photogenic version. One of the reasons I’m growing it is because I liked the FB autoflower version so much I had to grow the photo version.[/QUOTE
Now u got me thinking im running the fastbud version now may have to try the photo now outdoors

View attachment 916741 @BigSm0

I read many posts and followed along on many conversations before joining or designing my room and setup. You are one of the people here who I believe is doing an excellent job putting out info and representing yourself in a way that should be an example to any business of any size. Now I did not buy auto cobs( only one reason) but I did get a DIY system that was much more expensive based on the knowledge I gained from reading a lot of what you and others have shared here. You had a post when you picked up your Irrigation components and I realized I grew up sitting on the steps of the general store that used to be where that post office is and I got paranoid to order, I know, I know. Crazy.

Getting to my point.......
Advertising and misinformation and the ability of some big crappy well funded company to confuse everybody into buying an inferior product is something that plagues all quality companies and it blows my mind how the consumers wander aimlessly looking at shiny logos and false claims.

I have been telling everyone I know that if they have ever wanted to grow now is the best time as formula is so ridiculously simple and CHEAP. For less than $150 US you can get a light and free sample of nutrients than you could stick in the corner, water every couple of days and get 5oz in 90 days or less. Now of course we aren't talking tent and filter but everyone doesn't need one. Talk about a setup that pays for itself.

Sadly for most there will still be a whole pile of new growers running into grow shows buying cheap Chinese LED lights that would barely give a fish a tan at twice the price. They will also be more than happy to throw down a few $$$$$ on 15 bottles of nutrients and supplements to play mad scientist and ask deficieny questions every other day as they burn and starve their plants to get half the yield they could have had if the just grabbed an Autocob and some Mega Crop.

Buying a legit high quality Cob and running Megacrop is the
Cheapest
Easiest
Most efficient way to produce high quality bud. If you cannot afford to do that you should not be growing as I guarantee any other way will cost you more and be less efficient.

I run MC and DIY cobs and this one picture tells you why Autocobs are better than what I did. ADJUSTABILITY. If I had Autocobs I would be able to keep ALL the plants in the zone and not have to adjust for the big girl

Absolutely stunning. The part that makes me the happiest is the fact you disregarded all that old school experienced grower advice and probably did better than they are at 1/3 if not less of the operating cost. With all the bs, hype and growers out there dying to tell friends about their newest lights it’s hard to win the world over. The best thing about Cobshop is it has grown organically. I feel this is the best way to do so. I’d bet my life no other company has such dedicated and loyal customers as this. Not the biggest but the strongest.

A short story, it’s been hard keeping things in stock and it’s not necessarily on my end it’s the boat ride(shipping) more than anything. I waaay over order to the point of being nervous at times and schedule based previous sales rates. Occasionally I do run low. All of a sudden 6500k cobs took off and left me desperate for more instantly. So I had to order from another cob company against by better judgement. I know what it’s like to get hit with dozens of messages so I left a short and sweet message and offered to pay as a gift to help with transaction fees. The reply was ( will ship Monday). It took me more than a minute to get past that one.
I do believe the success is in the product as much as the involvement, personal interaction and most importantly the real growers all over the internet telling and showing others their success.

If cobshop ever came to an end which I hope never happens I know that the work and time put in made an impact on many growers and that alone makes it well worth it.

Do you think this might be too close? :smoking: The perspective sucks, but the distance is accurate. It is hard holding a tape measure and taking a pic. That’s my little one gallon LSD top of her main cola.
View attachment 916890
Here’s what she looks like in a her beauty, packing on the resin.
View attachment 916910

As long as she is happy I don’t see a problem. Sound like a broken record but I’m still trying to get past this. The majority of us were using some sort of nutrient mix that was well enough to grow good plants but combined with the cobs made for some sad looking leaves. The greenleaf nutrients in some way are doing such amazing things the plants can finally absorb the intensity.

As long as she is happy I don’t see a problem
I like your "let the plant grow to the light" when starting out. My plants are already doing well with closer Autocobs and that makes me a happy camper. I was down to 16" yesterday with smooth sailing thus far.

Now u got me thinking im running the fastbud version now may have to try the photo now outdoors
I don’t think you would be disappointed. If I hadn’t experimented with some things midgrow, my yield would probably be twice what it will be. They do seem to be a lighter feeder with MC but I didn’t start them on MC and I think that makes a difference.

As long as she is happy I don’t see a problem. Sound like a broken record but I’m still trying to get past this. The majority of us were using some sort of nutrient mix that was well enough to grow good plants but combined with the cobs made for some sad looking leaves. The greenleaf nutrients in some way are doing such amazing things the plants can finally absorb the intensity.
I was sort of asking tongue in cheek, cause I’m daily amazed at the plant response to these lights. I thought for sure after a couple hours I would have to move the light back up, but 12 hours later and no sighs of stress. Well, maybe a little with all the resin starting to flow to protect her buds.

And then of course there is my little 2x2x3 with my mother plants, clones, and 2 liter grow that are all doing well anywhere from 16 inches away down to 6 for some of the moms. It just defies the words light stress.
7F64D5F6-7D56-4908-9A75-841B2EB3600F.jpeg

In case you were wondering, there are a total of six mothers, five 2 liters, eight clones of two strains, and six seedlings. All growing beautifully under a single AutoCob.

This top valve was blown out with air 1.5 weeks ago. Sure it makes sense now but why would they sell clear valves for growing. The bottom valve is at the end of my (manifold) and below the canopy so it’s not getting hit with as much light.

image.jpg

Much better
image.jpg

Back