Lighting Bigsm0 and the cob addiction

@BigSm0 I have a question for you. What is the overall cone angle of a single autocob. I want my cone angle to cover a 2 ft diameter canopy area and want to figure out at what height the autocob would need to be to achieve that coverage. Right now I just have my autocobs all the way to the top of my 5 ft tall tent and let the girls grow up to them. I have outstanding results this way but would like to get as close as possible without getting outside the cone angle. Another question, do you think there is such a thing as a light saturation point when adding more light does not increase growth? Seems like some of these growers would be hitting that point with number of autocobs they run in such small areas.:dragon3:

I’ll have to break out my par meter again. 2 feet should get you very close to the 2’ Coverage area. Yes plenty of people hit the saturation point. I think it’s the reason a lot of folks struggle with smaller plants.

I find that interesting as I've done three grows now using about 9 different strains and had not one deficiency, not any toxicity. And I find it odd, people rave over Peters nutrient yet it has more N.

Everything I can find on deficiencies when levels of nutrients are within an acceptable range are caused by PH issues, and lockout happens as often at low ph as at high. PH should be the very first thing anyone looks at when having nutrient issues. Maybe this was not your issue, and hard to say after the fact.

I've been using 1.5 to 1.75 Tablespoons ( 26.25 grams ) consistently, start to finish. I run a PH of 6.5. and my plant were all healthy and gave up the best harvests I've ever had. So how can I run these levels without nutrient issues? I think people tend to blame their nutrients because they didn't really take the time to see what was really happening.

Don't get me wrong, I respect you highly as a grower! But we all, myself included, make assumptions and mistakes based on common knowledge. "Knowledge" we now are finding is flawed in several areas do to myths and misinformation.

PH............. we all have seen and accept as gospel the PH ranges for growing cannabis. BUT, how accurate are they? I've begun to wonder where the science to back them up is. Over a period of a year, I've been trying grows at various PH levels. Not scientifically, I just don't have the space to do a controlled grow. But the outcome of my testing seems to indicate that the lower you run your PH, the more likely you are to have issues. In coco, going from 5.9 to a PH of 6.2 improved things but still not without problems of PH shift, which the plants them selves contribute to especially in flower. My theory, and I state that that is all it is, a theory, is that running higher PH gives your medium a better buffer range, a dip from 6.5 to 6.2 say may have less effect on the plants than one that drops from say 6.0 to 5.8. So I've set a range of 6.4 to 6.6 as my acceptable range. So far, i could ask for better results.

And BigSm0, sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread. sometimes when I have something in mind, I need to say it before I forget...........lol!

I saw major P deficiency which came on strong and fast, while simutaneously tickling the edge of nitrogen toxicity. :shrug:
Maybe i fucked up my test grow?? But i can't see how I did, considering all i was using was 3-4grams per gallon of MC when the P deficiency showed up fast and strong.

Nice seed collection. Non of those were available the last time I purchased from Mephisto. Good times coming to you.
I have just received an order from Mephisto and got some pips that were showing out of stock as freebies. The strain was the AVT. I also got 4 am, strawberry nuggets, forum stomper and fugue state.

I have just received an order from Mephisto and got some pips that were showing out of stock as freebies. The strain was the AVT. I also got 4 am, strawberry nuggets, forum stomper and fugue state.
Nice I got sodk as my freebie and ordered the same as u plus Skywalker

So far, i could ask for better results.
Did you mean to say “could not”?

Keep on keeping on, I learn something every time you have something in mind. Remind me again what your medium mix is? I think you said you were using a soil/coco mix but I don’t remember the ratios, or am I completely off track?

I know this, I’m not running straight coco again with autopots. The one girl I have in soil/perlite mix is looking much better health wise than the other three in coco and they have all had the same nutrient solution from the same reservoir. I’m thinking the buffering of the soil is helping with my pH levels.

Keep on keeping on, I learn something every time you have something in mind. Remind me again what your medium mix is? I think you said you were using a soil/coco mix but I don’t remember the ratios, or am I completely off track?

I know this, I’m not running straight coco again with autopots. The one girl I have in soil/perlite mix is looking much better health wise than the other three in coco and they have all had the same nutrient solution from the same reservoir. I’m thinking the buffering of the soil is helping with my pH levels.
Good point. My last few grows with autopots straight coco it seems i just been chasing issues left and right im even thinking of mixing in some good ol soil myself

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Could not is what I meant lol! My medium is 70% soil, 30% coco. Yes soil not only buffers much better than coco, it retains nutrients well.

I find that interesting as I've done three grows now using about 9 different strains and had not one deficiency, not any toxicity. And I find it odd, people rave over Peters nutrient yet it has more N.

Everything I can find on deficiencies when levels of nutrients are within an acceptable range are caused by PH issues, and lockout happens as often at low ph as at high. PH should be the very first thing anyone looks at when having nutrient issues. Maybe this was not your issue, and hard to say after the fact.

I've been using 1.5 to 1.75 Tablespoons ( 26.25 grams ) consistently, start to finish. I run a PH of 6.5. and my plant were all healthy and gave up the best harvests I've ever had. So how can I run these levels without nutrient issues? I think people tend to blame their nutrients because they didn't really take the time to see what was really happening.

Don't get me wrong, I respect you highly as a grower! But we all, myself included, make assumptions and mistakes based on common knowledge. "Knowledge" we now are finding is flawed in several areas do to myths and misinformation.

PH............. we all have seen and accept as gospel the PH ranges for growing cannabis. BUT, how accurate are they? I've begun to wonder where the science to back them up is. Over a period of a year, I've been trying grows at various PH levels. Not scientifically, I just don't have the space to do a controlled grow. But the outcome of my testing seems to indicate that the lower you run your PH, the more likely you are to have issues. In coco, going from 5.9 to a PH of 6.2 improved things but still not without problems of PH shift, which the plants them selves contribute to especially in flower. My theory, and I state that that is all it is, a theory, is that running higher PH gives your medium a better buffer range, a dip from 6.5 to 6.2 say may have less effect on the plants than one that drops from say 6.0 to 5.8. So I've set a range of 6.4 to 6.6 as my acceptable range. So far, i could ask for better results.

And BigSm0, sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread. sometimes when I have something in mind, I need to say it before I forget...........lol!

Pop it’s never a problem. Your actually one of the first people I chatted with here when I joined Afn and our personal convos are a treat my friend. If I ever got upset with anyone posting on my thread it will just be vendor light related. Besides that I’m happy as a clam to see all the comments. More the merrier. I’m also aiming for the most active vendor thread on Afn as well. Got one ahead of me but we are gaining quickly.

Back