Lighting Bigsm0 and the cob addiction

@BigSm0 I can get them all the way up to 5" then actually cob heat is to much. Only adding .5g/gal of calmg pro every other feed. If I remember and still no issues. Other than finishing Faster and way bigger than expected, so much for my 3-5 week perpetual calendar grow. Dropping beans 2 weeks earlier than i hoping for but oh well. Ready to watch your mephisto run. I'll message you about some lights my big area is getting ready for them this or next week. Auto cob and megaCrop will rock your grow.

What is it that’s allowing u to lower your lights. I’m guessing thoughts r the MC you’ve been using. Adding extra calmag too?? I’ve had to up my calmag during flower but that’s it. I’ll have to go check my light distance.

It is definitely the megacrop. I have used general hydro- flora duo, flora nova, and maxi series, botanicare, bio bizz, remo, and a concoction of all the above plus some. Even the addition of mammoth didn’t phase my plants. They hit flower and it was game over. It seemed to be average, slowly yellowing away till they finished. Not to coming to see bright green leaves all the way through an autos life. Most final shots I see here are the same way. The lower lights always seemed to make it worse until this grow happened. This is the one that’s at 12” away.

image.jpg

@BigSm0 I can get them all the way up to 5" then actually cob heat is to much. Only adding .5g/gal of calmg pro every other feed. If I remember and still no issues. Other than finishing Faster and way bigger than expected, so much for my 3-5 week perpetual calendar grow. Dropping beans 2 weeks earlier than i hoping for but oh well. Ready to watch your mephisto run. I'll message you about some lights my big area is getting ready for them this or next week. Auto cob and megaCrop will rock your grow.

Sure thing, just give me a heads up if it’s going to be a lot of lights.

I just designed and am currently building lights for a guy in Montana who is constructing an 8x20 room. All the way from carpentry lessons to the whole entire setup. Inch to inch. I may even fly out there if I can catch a break with work. I did some more detailed drawings and a lot of explaining but this is the setup below. 28 cobs, 4x8 veg space, and 2 - 3 1/2’ x 11’ flower spaces.

It will be a consecutive veg with a staggered flower. Basically veg 10, but flower 20 that are 25 days apart. Hoping for 4-5 lbs every 25 days. All personal use of coarse.
image.jpg

Sure thing, just give me a heads up if it’s going to be a lot of lights.

I just designed and am currently building lights for a guy in Montana who is constructing an 8x20 room. All the way from carpentry lessons to the whole entire setup. Inch to inch. I may even fly out there if I can catch a break with work. I did some more detailed drawings and a lot of explaining but this is the setup below. 28 cobs, 4x8 veg space, and 2 - 3 1/2’ x 11’ flower spaces.

It will be a consecutive veg with a staggered flower. Basically veg 10, but flower 20 that are 25 days apart. Hoping for 4-5 lbs every 25 days. All personal use of coarse. View attachment 913075
I could smoke a pound a day easy, especially when it helps my asthma flare ups :crying:

That's pretty dope though man, I'm def adopting some of this methodology

It is definitely the megacrop. I have used general hydro- flora duo, flora nova, and maxi series, botanicare, bio bizz, remo, and a concoction of all the above plus some. Even the addition of mammoth didn’t phase my plants. They hit flower and it was game over. It seemed to be average, slowly yellowing away till they finished. Not to coming to see bright green leaves all the way through an autos life. Most final shots I see here are the same way. The lower lights always seemed to make it worse until this grow happened. This is the one that’s at 12” away.

View attachment 913055
wow. cant believe i read bigsm0 has his lights at 12 inches. what next? 3 lights per plant? interesting developments in growing going on.

I could smoke a pound a day easy, especially when it helps my asthma flare ups :crying:

That's pretty dope though man, I'm def adopting some of this methodology

He just started growing to. He bought 4 AutoCobs and a big cob light from perfect sun. After a month he took the perfect sun out and is now all AutoCobs.
As far as the room goes I could tell he was serious. He told me the space he had and about 10 minutes later I had this initial sketch up. He loved it. It wasn’t until tonight that I realized the veg was 10 and the flower was 20 plant. Oooops! It actually works out for the better. Mini split installed Friday and the rooms taking shape as we speak.

My next mission is to get him here full time so he can learn.

Back