Lighting Bigsm0 and the cob addiction

Which lighting schedule are you using for this grow?
Right now I’m at 21-3. I keep adding an hour off every other week till I get to 19-5. I keep my lights off from 12-5 in flower. The warmest part of the day helps in winter and summer.

Past few weeks the plants have been very neglected but they are shaping up finally.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Past few weeks the plants have been very neglected but they are shaping up finally. View attachment 907600

View attachment 907601

Nice room. You got a home theater and wet bar in there too? Maybe a sauna too? Need anyone to move in? I'll do all the trimming in exchange for rent and all the meds I need :)

I'll have to get a "green" card though!

Nice room. You got a home theater and wet bar in there too? Maybe a sauna too? Need anyone to move in? I'll do all the trimming in exchange for rent and all the meds I need :)

I'll have to get a "green" card though!

Lol, I do have a Keurig, microwave and an easy chair. If you ever see me on Afn longer than 6 minutes or typing one of those long drawn out messages that’s where it’s coming from. :smoking:

Otherwise the roads are pretty straight around here
image.jpg

Looking good. Still gotta get me some more lights but the wrinkles in life are holding it up. Soon though soon. Looks like your running some 6500’s and 3500’s.

You know that saying “the shoe makers kids”. That’s me to a T. When the original AutoCobs were made they were a little different than the ones we have now. I had someone ask for 6 of the 6500’s and he never paid for them. Shortly after I changed the lights up so I just kept them. The others are all mess ups in one way or another. My philips bit has slipped a few times, stripped screws. I just end up keeping them. That’s really the only reason I have mixed spectrums.

Time to back off the megacrop a bit. The leaves are green and plants look good but I just noticed this little nitrogen claw.
446FF6CD-5CD7-4B0B-BAD8-EB8790E9C83E.jpeg

This is my feed based on 25 gallons. Just filled the res and dropped mega down to 60 grams per gallon vs 80 for late veg, I also added b-alive and will NOT be using gravitron.

image.jpg

This is my new ocd setup. Taped up the jars to help keep the light out. Use different sized shot glasses to measure weights. Actually takes about the same time as bottled nutrients at this point.
5F598278-663D-4371-8D1E-61B9210D734A.jpeg

2 gallon bucket of megacrop will last me 2 years.

Mixing jars for each nutrient
D33976EB-FCC1-48CA-BD43-BC905DA887BB.jpeg

Vintage micro warms the cold water a bit. Couple bluelab meters to double check things as I go along.

C6774CF2-03DF-4E7C-902C-75FCCCD9A5E6.jpeg

2 weeks worth of food.
595A05E9-0096-4299-9742-7D6470249CCC.jpeg

Setting your space up like this is definitely time consuming at first but it’s such a time saver in the long run. 30 minutes to flush the res out, mix and fill. I’ll be back in 2 weeks.

Another thing, my water coming in is at 6.5-6.7 ph, after additions it drops to 6.0 and after a few hours climbs up to 6.2-6.4 so I’m not adding any ph adjusters.
image.jpg

Well how's the light master doing today? Setup looking like a slice of heaven as always. I personally didn't see my need for gravitron, but wouldn't mind trying it in a lil trial, but i was noticing ur feeding and related it to mine,
in my dwc 5gal total water volume in 7gallon Tote, I was using 4g/gal MC, 1g/gal SweetC, .25g/gal bud explosion, .5g/gal calmg pro, 2ml/gal hydroguard never got any issues but my plant is big but all branches and stems are wispy as hell the base of branches and stalk solid put that's it's, and tons of leaves and bud sites, now I switched the mix and it's got way better,
Now feed 2.5g/gal MC, 1.5g/gal SweetC, .75g/gal bud explosion, .5g/gal calmg pro, 2.5ml/gal hydroguard, and I also added .5ml/gal of GH Armor Si, now this change is 3week old and I have a 100% turn around on my branches and stems, all around way more solid structure of a plant, now during the one gallon top off feed in middle of the week I run this same mix but mixed in one gallon of water so she's a potent gal but I add an extra 2g/gal of calmg so I can run the cobs lower to the plant. I guess my whole question was have u tried to see if u can back off the MC even more and up the sweet candy some and get the same results as running 5g/gal of the MC? I've noticed I can back it down quite a bit on other plants and still get same results. If ur not running SweetC cool but I see why dabber recommend it's, since I've been using the green leaf product line up I've noticed that I can add little more calmg pro to my mix and running ur cobs way lower without any issues except monster growth, so people running cobs in height restrictions could possibly do the same. Sorry if this bugged up ur thread. Im stoned and have an actual questioni was trying to make.

Well how's the light master doing today? Setup looking like a slice of heaven as always. I personally didn't see my need for gravitron, but wouldn't mind trying it in a lil trial, but i was noticing ur feeding and related it to mine,
in my dwc 5gal total water volume in 7gallon Tote, I was using 4g/gal MC, 1g/gal SweetC, .25g/gal bud explosion, .5g/gal calmg pro, 2ml/gal hydroguard never got any issues but my plant is big but all branches and stems are wispy as hell the base of branches and stalk solid put that's it's, and tons of leaves and bud sites, now I switched the mix and it's got way better,
Now feed 2.5g/gal MC, 1.5g/gal SweetC, .75g/gal bud explosion, .5g/gal calmg pro, 2.5ml/gal hydroguard, and I also added .5ml/gal of GH Armor Si, now this change is 3week old and I have a 100% turn around on my branches and stems, all around way more solid structure of a plant, now during the one gallon top off feed in middle of the week I run this same mix but mixed in one gallon of water so she's a potent gal but I add an extra 2g/gal of calmg so I can run the cobs lower to the plant. I guess my whole question was have u tried to see if u can back off the MC even more and up the sweet candy some and get the same results as running 5g/gal of the MC? I've noticed I can back it down quite a bit on other plants and still get same results. If ur not running SweetC cool but I see why dabber recommend it's, since I've been using the green leaf product line up I've noticed that I can add little more calmg pro to my mix and running ur cobs way lower without any issues except monster growth, so people running cobs in height restrictions could possibly do the same. Sorry if this bugged up ur thread. Im stoned and have an actual questioni was trying to make.

I enjoy the messages. Never ever a problem posting here. You do seem to have the greenleaf under control much better than I do. What I don’t understand just yet is people seem to be literally pouring this stuff in and plant health is spot on. With my synthetics I ran into problem after problem chasing it till the end when I had yellow plants. I am no where near experienced enough with it yet to mess around with much more than I’m doing. Did notice that lights can indeed be kept closer with the formula too. Extra calmag has always seemed to be the ticket. Last year I was doing 3tsp per gallon of general hydro in veg and the plants loved it. Later backed off since I had the idea that the extra calmag in the soil was causing issues in flower. I’m a nutrient rookie. Gladly listen to any advice you have though.

Back