Lighting Bigsm0 and the cob addiction

Ok I’m retarded. Well partially. I bought the best lights from the best light guy. I shoulda just asked your whole regimine u have great results. Once this set of nutes is done I’ll be mimicking your grow setup @BigSm0 u grow way more plants and make it look easier then my 4-6 lmao. Soil is the only kicker. Unless I wanna make my own or drive a good distance it’s either fox farms or miracle grow. I’ll take fox farms on that one. Just got some happy frog to try hopefully that’ll be a little better also cut my coco back to about 30% instead of 50/50. Low cost too I like the $3 per plant. Gotta get on board.

@BigSm0 I really admire your grow area! I really love a clean/well organized grow area....Everything so neat and in it's place, Exact way I do thing's!!! I love it!!!:pass::d5:
Thank you. It’s been a lot of work and of coarse money but also fun and a great hobby. Wouldn’t change it for anything!

Ok I’m retarded. Well partially. I bought the best lights from the best light guy. I shoulda just asked your whole regimine u have great results. Once this set of nutes is done I’ll be mimicking your grow setup @BigSm0 u grow way more plants and make it look easier then my 4-6 lmao. Soil is the only kicker. Unless I wanna make my own or drive a good distance it’s either fox farms or miracle grow. I’ll take fox farms on that one. Just got some happy frog to try hopefully that’ll be a little better also cut my coco back to about 30% instead of 50/50. Low cost too I like the $3 per plant. Gotta get on board.
Can you get straight peat moss? I haven’t mixed with any charged soil’s not sure how that would go with the feeding. As for my grows there are certain things I go inexpensive on and thing I just won’t consider. Lights and seeds are what I feel the most important. Nutrients are nutrients. I’d quit growing before I spent 100+$ on a bottle that can be bought with a less fancy label for 1/10th that.

@BigSm0 hey man, question regarding blumats. How do u manage the water + nutes? can u run them through the blumats without clogging them? Also, how often do you clean the blumats? thanks in advance
Well mysetup so probably a lot more complicated than it has to be but it’s simple now. In my Autocob room I have a larger 30 gallon reservoir with a pump connected to a timer. The timer kicks on the pump every 3 hours for 5 minutes. This feeds an elevated bucket above my plants. To prevent the bucket from over flowing I have a larger return line going back to the 30g res. This keeps the the bucket filled and always well mixed. I can go 2 weeks in full flower off 30 gallons of water and never have to touch a single thing.

This elevated bucket has a 8mm hose connector. Along the back wall I ran a 8mm main line with tee connectors to each plant that’s run through a 8mm-3mm shut off valve. From that the 3mm line goes to each sensor. What’s nice about this is I’m not stuck running all the blumats as they are all controlled individually. At the end of the line I have another valve that I use to purge the min line weekly. This helps with clogs

In the Autocob room I just have a smaller tote that I used as a reservoir. In it I ran an air stone which caused all sorts of problems .i was constantly adjusting the sensors and all it was was continuous air in the lines. With the above setup the bucket never has that direct air going to it. But the reservoir is staying fairly oxygenated by having air stones in it.

B08B4A55-CE3C-48F0-85EE-A9C4FC2C604C.jpeg

D81D000E-B48A-4E00-BECA-6EAB8962C0CD.jpeg

AC1D683B-F08E-4EE2-AD18-FB8B7B5F49E2.jpeg

Well mysetup so probably a lot more complicated than it has to be but it’s simple now. In my Autocob room I have a larger 30 gallon reservoir with a pump connected to a timer. The timer kicks on the pump every 3 hours for 5 minutes. This feeds an elevated bucket above my plants. To prevent the bucket from over flowing I have a larger return line going back to the 30g res. This keeps the the bucket filled and always well mixed. I can go 2 weeks in full flower off 30 gallons of water and never have to touch a single thing.

This elevated bucket has a 8mm hose connector. Along the back wall I ran a 8mm main line with tee connectors to each plant that’s run through a 8mm-3mm shut off valve. From that the 3mm line goes to each sensor. What’s nice about this is I’m not stuck running all the blumats as they are all controlled individually. At the end of the line I have another valve that I use to purge the min line weekly. This helps with clogs

In the Autocob room I just have a smaller tote that I used as a reservoir. In it I ran an air stone which caused all sorts of problems .i was constantly adjusting the sensors and all it was was continuous air in the lines. With the above setup the bucket never has that direct air going to it. But the reservoir is staying fairly oxygenated by having air stones in it.

View attachment 828606

View attachment 828608

View attachment 828607
Very nice I wish I could have a nice big place like that to grow and them quick connects is the only way to go..

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Not to happy with the start but some are pulling through. The whole sand thing and all the gnat issues... the roots are growing upwards towards the sand as it stays moist much longer. I also have some new short stuff genetics in here that got mixed up and I don’t know what’s what.
9AA53D08-C051-4D1C-8E8E-CF1A00F10155.jpeg

@BigSm0 ya ever think about that straw idea to get the water a little deeper. What if u put a straw just under the dripper and just deep enough to get through the sand.

@BigSm0 ya ever think about that straw idea to get the water a little deeper. What if u put a straw just under the dripper and just deep enough to get through the sand.
I am definitely going to do this when I get the blumats hooked up in here. Right now until I figure out what’s going where I’m just hand watering.

Back