Lighting Bigsm0 and the cob addiction

Do you have to keep coco loco moist at all times like
Reg Coco? Or water I️t regularly daily/every other day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Currently I water/nutes to some run off and when happy with the ph of run off, I then normally water a qt - qt 1/2 per day or every other day depending on weather. I changed to coco so I could introduce more water/nutes to my plants. The qt per day or every other day can produce roots near or at surface of medium. It "has not" been problematic at all.

Couldn’t resist. 130 bucks to sustainable village and 2+ months of ease. Bit of a sloppy install.
5E75E686-17A3-4442-82EC-92AFDEB6C142.jpeg

Little lst!
DD66C1FF-EE34-49ED-A9D1-E32FD6C3A9DB.jpeg

My favorite plants yet.
0A173DCE-E688-4EFD-B94B-5417CCE987B3.jpeg

7C7D860B-4CD7-479A-A93C-C52FABC5CB4C.jpeg

@BigSm0 do you have your water on a timer?. reason iam asking, is because I need to prepare for a vacation in the spring, and need to rig up an auto water system for what iam guessing is two waterings to cover the time I will be gone. I have res, along with small water pump, tubing ect. Iam having trouble finding a reliable timer that can be programmed for feedings.

@BigSm0 do you have your water on a timer?. reason iam asking, is because I need to prepare for a vacation in the spring, and need to rig up an auto water system for what iam guessing is two waterings to cover the time I will be gone. I have res, along with small water pump, tubing ect. Iam having trouble finding a reliable timer that can be programmed for feedings.
With 2 younger daughters It seems like I’m always going on vacation myself. The blumat saved my rear many times. I also get in pretty late most nights, 10-11 pm and watering isn’t easy.

Blumat is super easy to install. I recently set up my whole space and plan to run 20 plants off 2 reservoirs. My room all runs on a 30 gallon res that lasts 1-2 weeks depending on age. This tent I just set up is in a different spot so it needed its own res which is just a 15 gallon tote from home cheapo.

6 plants cost around 130 dollars and they won’t need anything besides a res fill weekly.

This is in my room last grow. The smaller line is the main watering line that goes to each blumat sensor. Once the sensors dry it opens a diaphragm that decreases the pressure on the pinched water line. Once it fills it retightens.
5BA21C7B-54E3-43C8-96AF-F0C62DC49584.jpeg

You do not need a setup like this. I did it because I enjoyed making it fancy lol. The tent in the last post has a more simple setup. One main 8mm waterline hooked to the res, supplied Tee’s go to each sensor and your basically done. It does require some tuning but once it’s done it’s pretty much east street till chop. I’ll be more than happy to go into more detail if you like. I’m in love that’s for sure.
FB04DBFA-C2FA-4CDB-B0B0-D53D3C61B299.jpeg
706B4454-69A5-4798-97C2-C807BA6FF3A0.jpeg

The blumat.
03080748-972A-47F5-B44A-117C3DD8C208.jpeg

With 2 younger daughters It seems like I’m always going on vacation myself. The blumat saved my rear many times. I also get in pretty late most nights, 10-11 pm and watering isn’t easy.

Blumat is super easy to install. I recently set up my whole space and plan to run 20 plants off 2 reservoirs. My room all runs on a 30 gallon res that lasts 1-2 weeks depending on age. This tent I just set up is in a different spot so it needed its own res which is just a 15 gallon tote from home cheapo.

6 plants cost around 130 dollars and they won’t need anything besides a res fill weekly.

This is in my room last grow. The smaller line is the main watering line that goes to each blumat sensor. Once the sensors dry it opens a diaphragm that decreases the pressure on the pinched water line. Once it fills it retightens.
View attachment 828073

You do not need a setup like this. I did it because I enjoyed making it fancy lol. The tent in the last post has a more simple setup. One main 8mm waterline hooked to the res, supplied Tee’s go to each sensor and your basically done. It does require some tuning but once it’s done it’s pretty much east street till chop. I’ll be more than happy to go into more detail if you like. I’m in love that’s for sure. View attachment 828075 View attachment 828077

The blumat. View attachment 828074

Awesome!!!

Everything looks great @BigSm0. Looks like u stuck with the blumats and not the other drip system. I really gotta get on board with a self watering system. What nutes r u running through the system and does it ever get clogged.

Im using general hydro maxi series. Never been a believer in fancy labels and over priced nutrients. This stuff costs me about $3 a plant from seed to harvast. The extras is what will clog up the lines. Bio weed, bio marine, and floralicious plus. I did add in a filter to prevent clogs and that’s helped along with drip clean too. Algae is the killer. At the end of all my runs which there are 3 I have a valve that I use to purge the line weekly. The main room setup is the best with the double reservoir. I did a step by step on another thread somewhere. If there is interest I’ll do it again.

View attachment 828073

You do not need a setup like this. I did it because I enjoyed making it fancy lol. The tent in the last post has a more simple setup. One main 8mm waterline hooked to the res, supplied Tee’s go to each sensor and your basically done. It does require some tuning but once it’s done it’s pretty much east street till chop. I’ll be more than happy to go into more detail if you like. I’m in love that’s for sure. View attachment 828075 View attachment 828077

The blumat. View attachment 828074
@BigSm0 I really admire your grow area! I really love a clean/well organized grow area....Everything so neat and in it's place, Exact way I do thing's!!! I love it!!!:pass::d5:

Back