Lighting Bigsm0 and the cob addiction

I have been very fortunate to this point in that I have not experienced any problems with mediums I've purchased over the years. Hopefully this run of luck continues.

Do you have to keep coco loco moist at all times like
Reg Coco? Or water I️t regularly daily/every other day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only by compressed bricks of coco, bagged coco seems to be having these issues a lot. No bugs in a dry, compressed brick/bale! I still think this is where the fungus nats came from in these grows. the open drain may have made it worse, but the source was likely the coco.

I bought a bag of this and got the white tiny bugs! You ever have that issue? I️’m using the rest of the bag mixed with another soil or as the bottom half. Maybe I just got a bad bag? I don’t know...

And hey, tag me when you post if you don't mind, I'm not getting alerts on this thread even though I'm watching it

Only by compressed bricks of coco, bagged coco seems to be having these issues a lot. No bugs in a dry, compressed brick/bale! I still think this is where the fungus nats came from in these grows. the open drain may have made it worse, but the source was likely the coco.

I ended up throwing that plant outside. All the bugs died. The plant barely got any nugs but enough to smoke some and the smell is still amazing, too

I use this one :thumbsup:

roots-organics-coco-chips-compressed-12-in-x-12-in-roccb.jpg

I use Botanicare bales

Although a good product, I believe that's what BigSm0 was using... and I've heard of gnats in this coco before also.

My soil mix gets mosquito bits as well as Ahimsa Neem cake before composting..I've had no gnats..I can see where someone may have an issue though if they weren't putting together a soil and using it straight or top dressing with it..Even when I moistened it though and left it in the tote, no bugs..I may have the lucky batches,who knows.

I'm using neem cake in my soil now as well as top dressing with it. Best thing I've used!

My soil mix gets mosquito bits as well as Ahimsa Neem cake before composting..I've had no gnats..I can see where someone may have an issue though if they weren't putting together a soil and using it straight or top dressing with it..Even when I moistened it though and left it in the tote, no bugs..I may have the lucky batches,who knows.

Back