Lighting Bigsm0 and the cob addiction

How fast does the water flow from drip spout, ...how long would it take to fill a gallon?
It drips super slow. But I have never had a problem with the pot drying out. It would probably take an hour to fill a gallon at it’s faster rate.

Finally picking up some speed now.

64FD392F-2B78-4E1D-8FE8-329BC8492D48.jpeg

272C44A4-D894-4D4C-B713-DF5A6AA85043.jpeg

D4BB27B9-A5B3-4009-BFD1-01E7748AA4F4.jpeg

Looking good @BigSm0. What’s the floor size you got there and how many watts / cobs ya got going. I know you probably have it somewhere. But knowing u 21 pages in you’ve added / changed lights at least once.

Looking good @BigSm0. What’s the floor size you got there and how many watts / cobs ya got going. I know you probably have it somewhere. But knowing u 21 pages in you’ve added / changed lights at least once.
The space is 8x20 but its an all in one space. I have a drying cabinet, watering space- 4x4, Sitting space-3x3, coffee space-2x2, Its an enjoyable place to sit and hang out. Right now in running 1000 watts of light. 600 watts over the 3-3x3 trays, 200 on the opposite wall and 200 in what I call the Autocob room. Next grow I plan on maximizing the room a little more. I hope to be back up to the 4-6 lb mark again soon.

I changed my water Wednesday and added in microbe photosynthesis and the vitamin and amino acids. The bottle calls for 1oz for 10 gallons, I have a 30 gallon res and I only added one oz of each of the two. Not sure if this has anything to do with the plants health but within 36 hours I noticed 1/2 the plants started showing a phosphorus deficiency. The bright green leaves were faded and some brown spots on a dozen or so leaves. I ran out the res and added a new mix without the microbe line and also added in some bloom fertilizer. The plants aren't ready for a phosphorus supplement yet but I added it as I saw the deficiency. I suck at diagnosing plants and solving deficiencies. This was on the lower leaves so I know its not from light stress as the upper leaves are working the hardest and they are fine.

I was at 700 watts (17.5 watts per square foot) with the lights pretty high and the plants were doing ok. As soon as the preflowers popped a rapid phosphorus deficiency set in. Not only that the leaves were curling/tacoing and just looked like the start of light stress. I took out a few cobs and dimmed the frame. I have been at 450 watts for a week now which is nothing for a 4x10 space. Considering the 35-50 watt per square foot talk I always hear .

This is more than enough proof for me yet again that my daily light integral (dli) calculations is as accurate as I expect with 18 - 24 hour per day autos. These haven’t even started stretching. The plants are looking amazing!!
BCABF812-1426-4F08-859D-AECDDF65F1F5.jpeg

This baby is taking up 2.5x2.5 space on her own.
5C7DE2F0-02D3-415D-AE5B-D08FBD42DF9D.jpeg

96656C8B-CF80-4953-BDE1-8C080806B178.jpeg

How close to the plants can you put a 3500K COB during veg and flower. I have a very small room---3.5x3.5', and only 4' tall---currently running a 600W hps and occasionally add two crappy 150W LED panels. I was thinking of keeping the HPS, ditch the LED panels, and putting a COB in each corner.

Last edited:
get 4 cobs, ditch the HPS and you'll be blown away by how well they grow plants!

How close to the plants can you put a 3500K COB during veg and flower. I have a very small room---3.5x3.5', and only 4' tall---currently running a 600W hps and occasionally add two crappy 150W LED panels. I was thinking of keeping the HPS, ditch the LED panels, and putting a COB in each corner.

Back