Lighting Bigsm0 and the cob addiction

moved my auto cobs to a cabinet plants are loving them!

Contest autos pic1 -1-21-2020.jpg

@Dabber no pressure or anything but the revival of this thread is on you lol.

It’s been nearly 4 years on afn and I can still say it’s home. The stuff that’s happened in my grow, life and even Cobshop was pretty much all documented here. Over the past year I have had my hands full. It’s been good and bad but as far as growing goes it’s been terrible. Most wouldn’t start over more than once. I mean top to bottom clean and replace everything I could. I have now done it over a dozen times. The only thing I can think of is somehow my seeds went bad. Just enough life to get a few to germinate but days after they are dead. It’s a little depressing watching everyone around me show off record breaking harvests. Soil, water, pots, even the location had been changed. Same results with the same seeds. Fingers crossed!
Bro you know I got you :d5:

Nice tent of buds. Enjoy the harvest when ready.
That was actually last harvest. I wanted a pic that showed colas and the Cobshop sticker on my tent. Pic is Sweet n Sour. Got 150g from the big girl on the left. Densest nugs i have ever grown.

Last edited:
That was actually last harvest. I wanted a pic that showed colas and the Cobshop sticker on my tent. Pic is Sweet n Sour. Got 150g from the big girl on the left. Densest nugs i have ever grown.
Outstanding amount. Start waving as I shall give you a standing ovation.

:bighug:Sm0 my man, great to see you poking about again! I do recall you have had a shit-lousy 2019, like so many here.. Staff room was like a freakin' soap opera with good folks having sack after sack of shite handed them... So here's to a low-BS content 2020! :goodluck::karmacloud::woohoo1:

You know, you're the 3rd notable person I've seen this last several months with this funky seed germ'ing issue! Some with stock that was fine before, no other significant changes :doh:... I blame Sun spots! View attachment 1151745 :crying:

Some folks using the paper towel method have traced the troubles to that,... cheap brands can be more loaded with chemicals than others, but all have residual crap in them. I rinse the hell out of mine if I need to sweat the germ', otherwise it's soak & sow for me...
For older seeds, I've been getting a bit better rates making a soak/germ solution with Ful-Power (pure liquid fulvic), Si, and Superthrive, all in a weak solution: RO water/boiled tap for a little pH buffering action, 2oz ... a few drops fulvic, 1 drop Si, 1 Superthrive,... worth a shot if you fancy!

yeeeshhhh :jointman: been some fat-phat harv's out there lately, I get the green envy- :rofl:... Take solace in the fact that some of them are using your lights!
About that, I've been off the grows too, it's a seasonal gig for me,... but one of my 'COB's is working on cooking up one of my most favorite orchids which is a deciduous seasonal bloomer, and now coming out of dormancy is prime bloom time. Last couple years it's been shitty, so this year I didn't clown around, I broke out the 3500K and have been bathing the Clowesia rosea's under it. I was also curious to see how they would respond to this type of light..
... verdict = :greenthumb::coffee: spikes are actually longer than usual, great flower count and color! Aroma's are very strong too: these have a sweet grapefruit Pledge (as opposed to lemon), dash of cinnamon-- heavenly! I'll drop a few pics in here when more blooms are open soon,...

Thank you !! For the message. This exact message is reason I’ll never leave. Even with the 25 (I actually counted) “oops error messages” I can’t imagine the staff struggle. Drama has always run thick in my opinion too. With the changes recently I’m sure it’s just added to it. Reminds me of stories I hear about these fights in Facebook groups or how people unfollow friends just to get back at them. Reason I don’t do Facebook lol. Adults glued to devices and fighting and arguing over text. I used to get deep into debate at times but I am so happy I’m done with it all. Speaking of it I’m sure I’ll be in the sht soon enough when I called out a cheap led company labeling their lights as quantum boards but still continue to use the same bs leds. I thought my work here would have rubbed off a bit more.
Anyways it’s great to here you're still successfully rocking the cobs. And even better to see them on something outside canna too. I have been selling a lot to people growing fruits, vegetables and flowers lately. Still to this day my biggest single order was to a schools horticulture program. Please keep in touch. I am determined to get the grows rocking again. As soon as my water lines thaw out I’m going to hook up my RO water setup.

Seeds should be here today or tomorrow and I’m going all in. Rooms been cleaned again too. I sprayed straight h202 on every inch and turned on the fans. I took out the flood trays and now have just autopots scattered on the floor. Should make my life much easier. The blumats were fantastic but running nutrients through them was a problem. I have high hopes for the new setup and want to get back to the original harvests.

My stash which was always full and quite large has dwindled down to a few measly oz’s.
Building and selling lights is a lot of fun but it’s not nearly the same as growing along side of you guys. Success is always better with friends. :bighug:

I’m going to run 10-13 plants per run in my main space. The size of the space really restricted but I do like to have some elbow room. If the plants get to big I can still manage. 40-45 day perpetual grow. I hope to get back to the 60-75 oz runs. Strictly autocobs of coarse and I won’t ever grow above 15 watts per square foot. 10-15 cobs total Megacrop and autopots.

Back