Lighting Bigsm0 and the cob addiction

@BigSm0 hightimes getting you free advertising hard to see the sticker at first
This post still fascinates me. It’s a great shot and it does show off the closet as a grow room idea but the amount of publicity it’s received is beyond me.
Thanks for letting me know about the high times post! I should get some sort of commission for providing the lighting in the tent

I do believe I've asked this before, but I haven't had plants this tall before.
I have 2 LSD-25 (in 3g in a 2x4 tent) from Fast Buds at just over 60 day from germination, one is purple as it can be, the other getting that way,
I've also burned them again ( I think) so, I've got multiple issues, I'm over doing maybe
I'd done some LST early , but at I'm at the point now, I can't raise the lights any higher,
right now, the tops are maybe +/-20"
as far as the light goes, I may need to go back to a rough guide, I seem to do alright with seedling and veg
then, I mess up
will post some pics in the morning

I have 2 LSD-25 (in 3g in a 2x4 tent) from Fast Buds at just over 60 day from germination, one is purple as it can be, the other getting that way,
I've also burned them again ( I think) so, I've got multiple issues, I'm over doing maybe
I'd done some LST early , but at I'm at the point now, I can't raise the lights any higher,
as far as the light goes, I may need to go back to a rough guide, I seem to do alright with seedling and veg
then, I mess up

Super Cropping
Hardest thing for a new grower to do emotionally and physically is to super crop a plant to keep it out of the lights. The problem is many new growers as well as all of us end up in that situation indoors sooner or later. Have some grafting PARAFILM TAPE on hand just in case. 6" lower than you think you should, roll the stem crushing the inside 3 x the diameter of the stem in length between your forefinger and your thumb, then bend the branch over at that pinch. Bend to 90° from the stem or horizontal to the light. If you did not get a good enough interior crush the stem can break usually just on the top. If this happens just wrap with the grafting tape and all will be well. You may need to tie down the bent over top as many branches just lift themselves right back up. A great lesson to teach yourself on your first harvest or any harvest for that matter is to practice super cropping on branches you have harvested. You will get a good feel for what it is to crush and bend without the dread of "Killing a Cola".

:goodluck:

if you have tip burn on your leaves, its not light burn. I have a plant under autocobs. The light is 12.5" from the closest bud with no leaf burn. Sounds to me like either nutrient burn back off the nutes!

here's the plant under the cobs.

Bubba Kush auto pic1 -3-15-2020.jpg

then, I mess up

Just bumpin' this thread up to say I've been using autocobs for 3 years now and love em! They have made lighting so easy in quite a few situations where conventional lights would have been really cumbersome to hang. Just recently had inlaws in town and had to keep some plants out of site for my wife. It's completely legal where I am and I could care less if her dad knew but she still gets weird about it. Anyway, I was able to hang in a place I know would be impossible with most lights so big save! Oh AND, I get get results under autocobs every time. Boom!
(unless I did something wrong of course).....
:doh:

Just bumpin' this thread up to say I've been using autocobs for 3 years now and love em! They have made lighting so easy in quite a few situations where conventional lights would have been really cumbersome to hang. Just recently had inlaws in town and had to keep some plants out of site for my wife. It's completely legal where I am and I could care less if her dad knew but she still gets weird about it. Anyway, I was able to hang in a place I know would be impossible with most lights so big save! Oh AND, I get get results under autocobs every time. Boom!
(unless I did something wrong of course).....
:doh:
How many of them are u using per plant?
I THINKING OF going one cob per plant for start

How many of them are u using per plant?
I THINKING OF going one cob per plant for start
I generally use 1 per plant depending on plant size. Smaller plants I feel ok with packing in a couple more when adding them together in a reflective tent or surrounded by white walls and bringing them down a few more inches. The cross lighting works out. If in the situation I was just in where no reflective material, one minimum. Glad I have a few spare. Might have to grab a few more.
:thumbsup:

One per two square feet, i.e. two in a 2*2 will yield about 40-80g per square feet in my experience. I've had mine for about seven years and they shine like the day I got them.

Super Cropping
Hardest thing for a new grower to do emotionally and physically is to super crop a plant to keep it out of the lights. The problem is many new growers as well as all of us end up in that situation indoors sooner or later. Have some grafting PARAFILM TAPE on hand just in case. 6" lower than you think you should, roll the stem crushing the inside 3 x the diameter of the stem in length between your forefinger and your thumb, then bend the branch over at that pinch. Bend to 90° from the stem or horizontal to the light. If you did not get a good enough interior crush the stem can break usually just on the top. If this happens just wrap with the grafting tape and all will be well. You may need to tie down the bent over top as many branches just lift themselves right back up. A great lesson to teach yourself on your first harvest or any harvest for that matter is to practice super cropping on branches you have harvested. You will get a good feel for what it is to crush and bend without the dread of "Killing a Cola".

:goodluck:
Its definitely emotional the first few times, and still feel sad when I have to Do it lol

I just recently retired my 3.5k, 3k, 4k 55w autocobs still bright as the first day I got em which was like probably 2015

Back