Lighting Bigsm0 and the cob addiction

Hey Gents,

@BigSm0 Just looking to make contact. I completed my order for cobs last Friday via paypal invoice. I was just wondering what the lead time is to ship? As one of my lights went dark last week.

Edit : :d5: Thanks for the follow up Email.

Last edited:
Hey Gents,

@BigSm0 Just looking to make contact. I completed my order for cobs last Friday via paypal invoice. I was just wondering what the lead time is to ship? As one of my lights went dark last week.

Edit : :d5: Thanks for the follow up Email.
Happy to hear. Just a general comment, I always ship same or next day and they usually take 2 days after this. Most people on the east coast see them in 24 hours of ordering.

I always seem to be in some sort of trouble. Nothing in my space will germinate and the very few that have made it haven’t gotten past the 3” mark. I have gone through my room top to bottom again. Cleaned it all and bought all new, soil, seeds, filters. I have also started seeds every way possible. The part that proves something major had taken place is I had a vile of double grape. More than 30 have grown extremely well. Now the remaining 20 won’t germinate. Then I won some seeds in an auction and not one came up. I went through well over a 100 seeds over the past 4 months.

I know it sounds crazy but around the time this had all started we were going through a eastern equine encephalitis and West Nile virus mosquito scare. They sprayed the entire state and most of Connecticut with some sort of chemical to kill as many off as possible. My local growers are all fine though. Any one have any ideas? My supply is extremely LOW. Going from 3-4 lbs every 1.5 months to 0 lbs for 4 months catches up quick.

I don’t know a thing about websites. Just know how to print labels and charge this iPhone lol. That’s why I’m trying not to be to harsh on the changes. Some day I’ll get used to it.

Things are going well here, might had swallowed a bit to much chlorine at the water park last week. Been a bitch getting back on track. How’s things going for you?

I'm doing ok bud, thanks. Just busy with life these days. Finally getting around to get another grow going.

I always seem to be in some sort of trouble. Nothing in my space will germinate and the very few that have made it haven’t gotten past the 3” mark. I have gone through my room top to bottom again. Cleaned it all and bought all new, soil, seeds, filters. I have also started seeds every way possible. The part that proves something major had taken place is I had a vile of double grape. More than 30 have grown extremely well. Now the remaining 20 won’t germinate. Then I won some seeds in an auction and not one came up. I went through well over a 100 seeds over the past 4 months.

I know it sounds crazy but around the time this had all started we were going through a eastern equine encephalitis and West Nile virus mosquito scare. They sprayed the entire state and most of Connecticut with some sort of chemical to kill as many off as possible. My local growers are all fine though. Any one have any ideas? My supply is extremely LOW. Going from 3-4 lbs every 1.5 months to 0 lbs for 4 months catches up quick.
That's crazy! Has your water changed? That seems to be the only variable you cant control.

That's fookin horrible! I'd be devastated and probably be having paranoid delusions about now.

@BigSm0 The only time I have ever experienced a major seed failure was with vegetable seeds, squash in particular. It turns out that one of my field hands left them on the dashboard of his truck and they must have got very hot and it killed them. So heat is the only thing I can think of that may be a problem. Can you get some new seed?

That's crazy! Has your water changed? That seems to be the only variable you cant control.
Check with your municipal water company and see if they added ammonia to chlorine to sanitize your water. If they did it forms chloramines. Chloramines do not dissipate in the air and they are not good for your grow environment. It is very easy to treat for it. Just use ascorbic acid.

Chloramines Removal

You are looking for ascorbic acid - vitamin C. The store brand is usually the cheapest without other stuff added in. 50mg per gallon will treat water with 3.8 PPM of chloramines.

You should also check PH and PPMs.

You did not add a water softener to your house?

This is a real Oh Shite!

Oh Shite:
Oh Shite.png

occam's Razor says its probably your water. you've eliminated everything else. Time to go RO.

should be able to send your water out for testing , some municipalities do it for free . See if there high levels of chlorine and chloramines as mentioned. Do a test run with bottled RO/DI water see if results change.

Back