Lighting Bigsm0 and the cob addiction

Guys I apologize!! I checked the thread and didn’t realize I was on page 1 instead of 126. I’m dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to this. I missed most of the last posts. Everyone is reacting to my shit and I’m probably over reacting to this new sites changes lol.

I’m just happy to see comments. I understand my departure has upset some but the whole forum seems dead.
I find it easier to navigate. I get pop ups on my computer reminding me of a post or a thread update. But I just got a brand new computer middle of the line and it is new to me. I used Chrome for 7 years Iam now back to windows 10 OS. I have had no problems at all. Knock on wood.
I have never used afn on a desktop. 99.9% of my forum time is behind the wheel on my way to or from work. Funny story is I had a job about an hour away and I can’t sit still for that long so I started working on my own light. Many months later...!! Cobshop!!

@pop22 i can’t agree with you more. I said it early on about the vendors too. It seems like a takeover and I especially dislike the ones who don’t give a care about the members. It was confusing to see so many light companies pop up after Cobshop went active. I just realized the group thing too. I went to post and found that I couldn’t without joining. I get a kick out of a few sections with just Hobbs in there. No posts for you Sucka.

I got a message about high of the tiger from @Son of Hobbes, the dm was more like a book and I was in traffic. When I went back it was gone. I don’t know anything about it.

I REALLY REALLY miss you guys and the old afn. I’m doing what I can to navigate and get on but it’s extremely hard. If something’s urgent please send me a dm or email. Cobshop@cox.net. Even those I’m slower at getting back to these days. I will post the code for the sale as soon as I get back from a long weekend off. Great wolf lodge in Massachusetts for 3 days. My 2 angels really some dad time. I have been doing 8-8 6-7 days a week for the past 4 months and cobs are flying.

AFN does many things right. That said, I think they are becoming too vendor oriented. a forum to me is about the members, not the vendors who support it. Too many of the changes are for the benefit of vendors, and this group nonsense is one of them. I think its turning off a lot of members and I'm willing to bet it is, or will, hurt new membership numbers. I'm sure there are other tools to help vendors collect data other than lumping us into groups. Either that or turn this site into a news forum like 420Intel.com, a vendor news site...........
I understand that a site with a large membership needs vendor support and donations. BUT......... that should not overshadow the the desires of the members. I'd rather see a regular donation drive, like The Guardian or Wikipedia does than see our forum bent to the will of businesses!
:pass: Pop, didn't you see the rolling banner about this a few weeks back? In a nutshell, this is how the new softeware works, it's 100% out of Admin hands about this Group joining deal, it's built into the new software... I know it's a PITA, but whaddya gonna do, right? :smoker1:... the previous version was so tired and busted it was FUBAR... it's a one-time thing to simply Join, and it's done... Nothing to do with Vendors support, favoritism or anything like that... I believe it's set up so that vendors can have more direct control over their sections, so maybe that's why so much of the default stuff is set differently than before....
You're hip to this stuff, and you know "changes" grind some peoples gears, but it cannot be helped... If Alerts, Push notifications and all that jazz are not acting normal, or you want them stopped, I'm figuring folks will have to check through their Preferences, etc. and make sure things are set as they like,..... Could be this all new gig didn't translate over all the settings as they were before....
@BigSm0 :pighug: hey mon! ...I'm not on a phone here at all, opposite of you! I'm hearing the phone display can be markedly different from say a PC,... Thought I saw that Tapatalk is fooked on this new system as well..

You do that too much and you'll go blind............ NO not THAT........ :smoking:

I’m just happy to see comments. I understand my departure has upset some but the whole forum seems dead.

I have never used afn on a desktop. 99.9% of my forum time is behind the wheel on my way to or from work. Funny story is I had a job about an hour away and I can’t sit still for that long so I started working on my own light. Many months later...!! Cobshop!!

:pass: Pop, didn't you see the rolling banner about this a few weeks back? In a nutshell, this is how the new softeware works, it's 100% out of Admin hands about this Group joining deal, it's built into the new software... I know it's a PITA, but whaddya gonna do, right? :smoker1:... the previous version was so tired and busted it was FUBAR... it's a one-time thing to simply Join, and it's done... Nothing to do with Vendors support, favoritism or anything like that... I believe it's set up so that vendors can have more direct control over their sections, so maybe that's why so much of the default stuff is set differently than before....
You're hip to this stuff, and you know "changes" grind some peoples gears, but it cannot be helped... If Alerts, Push notifications and all that jazz are not acting normal, or you want them stopped, I'm figuring folks will have to check through their Preferences, etc. and make sure things are set as they like,..... Could be this all new gig didn't translate over all the settings as they were before....

This makes alot of sense to me and I didn't have the impression that the forum structure had to do with favouring vendors rather than users. I'm sure there are probably alot of things within this system that the vendors are having to grit their teeth over as well. Similar to changing to different software in other professions, there are going to be pro's and con's, as well as things that are going to annoy the hell out of some people, while making things more convenient for others.

Personally, i think the "Join Group" system is kinda silly and redundant for a forum. But as you said, it's pretty easy to just click join once and then move on.

Best thing now is a stable website. Its difficult to learn but does give you as a vendor a bit more control over your own section. Been a pain to learn but gets easier every day. How are things going for you bud?

Best thing now is a stable website. Its difficult to learn but does give you as a vendor a bit more control over your own section. Been a pain to learn but gets easier every day. How are things going for you bud?

I don’t know a thing about websites. Just know how to print labels and charge this iPhone lol. That’s why I’m trying not to be to harsh on the changes. Some day I’ll get used to it.

Things are going well here, might had swallowed a bit to much chlorine at the water park last week. Been a bitch getting back on track. How’s things going for you?

Back