Lighting Bigsm0 and the cob addiction

I find it easier to navigate. I get pop ups on my computer reminding me of a post or a thread update. But I just got a brand new computer middle of the line and it is new to me. I used Chrome for 7 years Iam now back to windows 10 OS. I have had no problems at all. Knock on wood.

I hope I dont upset anyone off but I can’t stand the new afn. For me it’s become very hard To maneuver.

Got an afn sale coming this weekend. I wanted to do it sooner but have had my hands full. One of the things was a long holiday weekend. Close enough to home where I managed to skip out and get some packages airborne. Stinks to be back so soon. 25 more years before retirement!View attachment 1115862

View attachment 1115864

I was sitting at the tent yesterday thinking that one day it might be good to get a 4th light for my 2x4 tent !

Hate to come across as ungrateful or that I’m upset about the changes. I can’t imagine the time or money it cost to do this.
It will take time to get used to. I think the guys who spend a lot of time here Or the ones who made the forum are able to get around the differences much easier. For the occasional forum member I do think some may get frustrated with the new added difficulty. Just my opinion.
That’s very true regarding a casual user I haven’t been on here very much lately too hard to navigate but I’m gonna try to switch it

This having to "join a group" shit is starting to piss me off. Every thread I participate in is requiring it.
And how about a default font SIZE that is big enough for us old guys to actually read without a magnifying glass???

Photo tent up and running. It’s been a long time since I have run anything outside of autos. It’s a small 2x4 with 3 cobs total. Early on I’ll run 2 lights then by mid veg plug in the third and add the reflectors once they progress. Autopots, greenleaf nutrients, coast of Maine and coco mixed for soil.

5D12647F-B723-4950-80B0-BF2C5E21912B.jpeg

Budget ventilation. Small 4” desk fan going into the tents cardboard box. 600 btu’s of heat from the cobs and 78° ambient temps won’t be hard to control.
7AB73700-1C92-4135-869E-BA4B80F3CB07.jpeg

CD3401CF-ED4A-4AC5-871E-5D0D27934D4B.jpeg

12E8FBD3-7026-4D72-AABF-F90C5DC556CC.jpeg

5D12647F-B723-4950-80B0-BF2C5E21912B.jpeg

Just one cob over the wee ones. The plastic domes fit perfectly over 2 autopots too. First photo grow in ages. I’m excited to see if I still got it.

I have also decided I like building lights and growing a lot more than freezing my ass off all winter so I may pick the growing back up these next few months. Feel like I have neglected life for to long too. Doing these 18 hour day marathons for most of the past 2 years.

77E9E44F-996A-4E11-B896-BFD0BF0ECD71.jpeg

F01C8254-4EF7-41AC-A587-4E0B29418B85.jpeg

EBD7C29C-4BEA-4D1F-A4BB-3C45218BE4E2.jpeg

Fully agree with pop22...this forum was the best example of a good platform, almost no abuse, friendly members and very much a lack of restrictive rules.
Now we are forcing a Group membership where we could have valuable input, but not necessarily specific interest in that particular group/topic. Too bureaucratic for my taste.

AFN does many things right. That said, I think they are becoming too vendor oriented. a forum to me is about the members, not the vendors who support it. Too many of the changes are for the benefit of vendors, and this group nonsense is one of them. I think its turning off a lot of members and I'm willing to bet it is, or will, hurt new membership numbers. I'm sure there are other tools to help vendors collect data other than lumping us into groups. Either that or turn this site into a news forum like 420Intel.com, a vendor news site...........
I understand that a site with a large membership needs vendor support and donations. BUT......... that should not overshadow the the desires of the members. I'd rather see a regular donation drive, like The Guardian or Wikipedia does than see our forum bent to the will of businesses!

Fully agree with pop22...this forum was the best example of a good platform, almost no abuse, friendly members and very much a lack of restrictive rules.
Now we are forcing a Group membership where we could have valuable input, but not necessarily specific interest in that particular group/topic. Too bureaucratic for my taste.

Photo tent up and running. It’s been a long time since I have run anything outside of autos. It’s a small 2x4 with 3 cobs total. Early on I’ll run 2 lights then by mid veg plug in the third and add the reflectors once they progress. Autopots, greenleaf nutrients, coast of Maine and coco mixed for soil.

View attachment 1119268

Budget ventilation. Small 4” desk fan going into the tents cardboard box. 600 btu’s of heat from the cobs and 78° ambient temps won’t be hard to control.
View attachment 1119269

View attachment 1119270

View attachment 1119271

View attachment 1119268

I like a 2x4 ! lol
I've just chopped my first plant, out of my first grow, with the second 1/2 to 1/3 of the time being under three autocobs, the other two plants will be harvested anyday.
I got so enthusiastic about the grow, I got a second tent since I had the Mars light laying around doing nothing since buying the autocobs, I got a 20"x 36"x 65" and I'm using a 6" desk fan right now for ventilation
and I'm interested in the box you're using on top of your tent with the exhaust fan, what's your thinking there?

Back