Lighting Bigsm0 and the cob addiction

More light doesn't usually mean more yield. You can quickly get to the saturation point with autos.
I just want enough lighting to cover my box length so it spreads evenly over my plants. I was honestly thinking 4-6 would be sufficient for a box that 4 foot long.

I just want enough lighting to cover my box length so it spreads evenly over my plants. I was honestly thinking 4-6 would be sufficient for a box that 4 foot long.
The autocobs are good lights and big would love to sell you a bunch but i bet he will tell you that 4 is too many. Of course it never hurts to have an extra, i do!

The autocobs are good lights and big would love to sell you a bunch but i bet he will tell you that 4 is too many. Of course it never hurts to have an extra, i do!
Exactly right dudeski. Check out @slowandeasy grows in his 2x4 spaces. He has around 20 cobs total but uses 2 cobs for the same size space. You can buy what you like but I think it’s to much light and will suffer. If you had photos in there that’s a different story.

Exactly right dudeski. Check out @slowandeasy grows in his 2x4 spaces. He has around 20 cobs total but uses 2 cobs for the same size space. You can buy what you like but I think it’s to much light and will suffer. If you had photos in there that’s a different story.
Hey @BigSm0, the little tent I use is slightly smaller. 36" x 20"... But I would still use just 2 Autocobs in a 2x4. It is plenty of light and minimal heat. You could do 3, but you would want to keep them 3ft away if you have 3 in that space. Personally If he has the space I say get a larger tent and buy 4 Autocobs. Or stick with 2 in the small space.

Those King lights are some of the worst out there. Some have been found with bare drivers and wires twisted and taped, not soldered and covered with shrink tubing! FIRE HAZARDS!

For a 2x4 space 2-3 are recommended. You will need to do some training to keep the plants as short as possible. I’m not familiar with the king plus 1200 but if it’s another epistar panel it’s probably a waste of money.

Back