Lighting Bigsm0 and the cob addiction

Really impressed with how those 6500k cobs are doing in flower man
:slap:

Thank you and thank you for all the likes too! So far this is whats going on, I have 1 6500k and 1 3500k cob on the side of the gorilla and one 3500k on top which is plastering the plant with light. The side with the 6500k is great where the 3500k side is showing a little yellowing. Now all the cobs are the same distance too. There is no difference on either side as far as growth goes either. Just about every question that comes to cobshop@cox.net is about spectrum. Not many tests where people use 2 separate lights like this on a plant so I'm interested to see whats what myself.

This is the kind of testing we need. For all the talk on spectrum with cobs, there is very little is any comaprison grows of any kind! I like the idea of two different spectrum cobs on one plant! And I've been wondering for a while if a blue shifted spectrum not not be as good or better. We'll see some sign at the end of this grow! Curious to see if there is a difference in the buds, size, density, etc.

Keep up the good work!

:thumbsup:

Thank you and thank you for all the likes too! So far this is whats going on, I have 1 6500k and 1 3500k cob on the side of the gorilla and one 3500k on top which is plastering the plant with light. The side with the 6500k is great where the 3500k side is showing a little yellowing. Now all the cobs are the same distance too. There is no difference on either side as far as growth goes either. Just about every question that comes to cobshop@cox.net is about spectrum. Not many tests where people use 2 separate lights like this on a plant so I'm interested to see whats what myself.

yeah I agree. when I can get another pack of these Im going to get a straight veg spectrum. always had excellent results with veg spectrum and Autos. not 100% on 5 something K or the 6300K or so. prolly the later actually. higher might be better. but again we'll see. lol

I've been looking at maybe adding a couple blue cobs to the mix vs multi white spectrums. An advantage for me, as I grow both photos and autos is, you can run them in the dark cycle of photo periods as they do not trigger the PR - PFR response. And for known stretchy strains it may help control the stretch.
yeah I agree. when I can get another pack of these Im going to get a straight veg spectrum. always had excellent results with veg spectrum and Autos. not 100% on 5 something K or the 6300K or so. prolly the later actually. higher might be better. but again we'll see. lol

hmm, not sure. but we'll see. lol I would think it would lend to a longer stretch if done fully Blue or Veg. but a mix..? eh have as much if done well. . ? I always felt the lower the spectrum the more it would stay squat if tinkered with slightly. but have not done much cob testing yet. need more gear LOL i like theo Timber lights.nice and Modular too. I thought about getting one of those potentially and adding a cpl or so blue spectrums on the outside of it. not sure. pretty cool though

You have guys pulling decent numbers with 20% eff blurple. Pink and blue is far from complete. This is what I think about when I get digging into spectrum charts. Same goes for the efficiency part as well. Also getting caught up on that efficiency number when in reality is 3 or 5% more light going to make a difference. Lowering a light 1” is more than a 3% increase in most instances. Pulling over a top branch and lowering a light a few inches could increase “total plant ppfd” new term lol, a lot more than most know too.

I am in the process of taking down what could be my last plant under blurple led. I had to do what @BigSm0 saif and bend the plant over. They got so tall I had the pot all the way to the outside and had the plants bent over the middle of the closet where the light was. Two plants. One was topped so it had a few more branches. But man I have a ton of large nugs. Hard to distinguish the true "top" because the plants were all twisted around. I can't wait to see what I pull with the cobs. After this I am gonna start to scrog just about everything. Buds more then half way from of the branch still huge and dense also they grow up towards the light away from the branch so I would think less chance of mold. That's where I've found it before up against the stem.

Back